Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000)

Anyone else get shoulder click?

left shoulder clicks its only a tiny one, no pain or anything but it can't be a good thing it will only get worse anyone got something similar? used to happen only in side laterals and dumbell chest press but now its sometimes just when i rotate my arm.
    Bodybuilding is all about image not numbers, when you're up on stage your lifting stats and bodyfat % means nothing to the judges.

~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the same issues, although it hurts me. Check this out. Could be your problem.

http://arthritis.about.com/od/arthri...g/crepitus.htm

jgolden123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey,

I actually had this problem for a while and found out it was caused by "bench press syndrome" - by overworking the chest via bench press and under working the rotator cuff. I was able to recover quickly after doing a lot of rotator cuff exercises and the click went away. However, if that is your picture, it looks like the rotator cuff issue may not be the cause for you.

Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's kind of hard to tell whats what, but yeah I'm hoping that aslong as its not crushing any tendons which it isn't, then it will be ok
    Bodybuilding is all about image not numbers, when you're up on stage your lifting stats and bodyfat % means nothing to the judges.

SiZed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SiZed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SiZed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SiZed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have exactly the same thing, my shoulders both click when i rotate my arms in a wide circle. I'm worried that this will only get worse if i keep working my shoulders. Anyone got any advice?

celticjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wilde View Post
    left shoulder clicks its only a tiny one, no pain or anything but it can't be a good thing it will only get worse anyone got something similar? used to happen only in side laterals and dumbell chest press but now its sometimes just when i rotate my arm.

I am no expert on the matter. Can only go on my experiences. I had clicking in my right shoulder along with pain. Worked through it for about a month and a half. Pain and clicking got worse. Done research and went to the doc's. Turned out I tore the rotator cuff. From what I understand (from research and doc) the clicking is coming from the rotator cuff being damaged. This makes the tendons weak and it can not hold the joint in place properly hence the clicking. Be carful and see a doc if it gets worse. I did not and I have been out for 7 weeks with the problem. Hope this helps

Location: Dmitriyev-Lgovsky, Kursk Oblast, Russian Federation
    kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kskwerl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I get that sometimes, I noticed it the other day when I was doing Bench. Like you, it didn't hurt or anything of the sort. I wonder what exactly it is?
    :Сцепление Фундаменталистские:
    MyJournal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5095443

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use to have click in my shoulder when moving it. I found out this was caused by overall tight muscles in the back, shoulders, and chest, and too much lifting weights, without doing more funtional exercises. When you have tight muscles, your shoulder joint also tightens up, and then you get the tendons in your shoulder joint rubbing against each other making that click noise. try stretching that whole area, increase your range of movement, and do more funtional exercises for your arms such puching a punching bag.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.

highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) highlander07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im pretty sure it's rotator cuff related . My clicking started when i tore my right side , it still clicks but doesn't cause me any pain.Now ive tore my left side and its clicking slightly.

You're doing it wrong. BladeRun's Avatar
    BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BladeRun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My shoulders have clicked for as long as I have been lifting (about 9 years, 5 seriously) both in the gym and otherwise. It's never caused me any problems.

If it causes pain, have it looked at.
    "You are a factory of sadness."

inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500)
    mine click as well comes and goes. annoying but no pain

skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skipper123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

it doesnt have to be bench press syndrome

clicking shouders dont have to be bench press syndrome.

both my shoulders click, get stuck, get locked, and hurt

results in

minor rips in rotator cutts, front, rear and side

you can easily get an xray to check for bench press syndrome, go see a sports md if you have health insurance, not just a regular doc and he will tell you if its bench press syndrome.

most of the time, when we start working out, without proper form and the know how., we hurt our selves., over the years it goes unnoticed and then one day., click....

BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIG GUNNS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes its a RC problem I ripped mine about 2 months ago and have the clicking sound .Mine is so loud its become my in body rep counter when I do pushing movements it clicks right along with every rep helping me to count .No worries Ive torn my rotator cuffs in both arms many times over the years and never went to see any doctor about any tear.Everytime they recovered and I as back to full strength .This one might take longer Im thinking when it tore It sounded like tearing a piece of paper that loud. Of course theres pain to go along with it after working out it aches.If I went under the knife they would stitch the tendon thats torn and sometimes slice some bone from the undersurface of the shoulder to give the tendon more room to move.Clear any scar tissue and remove any tight ligament which is pushing down on the tendon .Ive checked into this but refuse to go under the knife .So I deal with it the best I can over the years when it tears and wait for it to heal.

http://tekcom.acnrep.com
    Last edited by BIG GUNNS; 11-22-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Originally Posted by BladeRun View Post
    My shoulders have clicked for as long as I have been lifting (about 9 years, 5 seriously) both in the gym and otherwise. It's never caused me any problems.

yeah it's been about I dunno 4 years of clicking with no pain, i'm not liking the sound of these rotator cuff problems though

Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Beef X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Both my shoulders click since i started playing..i can hear scrapping in my left shoulder i dont know if its the tendons or muscles. Clicking is a bad sign it tells you that theres something wrong. I think it would be wise to consult a doctor. I ignored my clicking and because of that ive been layed off upper body for 8 months

The Premium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Premium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BladeRun View Post

Ditto

how can it be rotator cuff if its been there for 5 years though? does that mean ive had a torn rotator cuff for 5 years and not known?

garydlester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Similar problem

I have a similar problem it feels like something comes out of place then goes back in it also clicks quite allot. It first happened doing a shoulder press possibly behind the neck that was the left one a few days later while doing fly?s the right one done the same. Not long after this I took 18 months out as i was having surgery on my elbows. I have now started training again and the problem still remains even when doing basic things such as breast stroke in the pool. The problem doesn?t effect my strength it is however a rather worrying annoyance.

shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shifran has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I get the click in my left shoulder when i do tricep pushdowns with the rope, its annoying more than anything and i feel like im working my shoulders than my triceps.
    The weight that tears you, is the weight that builds you. - Shiftradamus

daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone have a idea whats wrong with my both shoulders. I get clicking, poping, rubing and grining sounds. When i rotate my arms in a circular motion, at the very back of the movment if feels like its grinding and moving in and out of place. My results were - x-ray on both shoulders were clear and Mri on the right shoulder which is the worse was also clear. Seen a physio, osteopath and a specialist in arthritis and none of them know whats wrong. Been loike it for around 17 months now.
    He who dies biggest.. WINS!

100% rep back guarantee

maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maloman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daniel_2k8 View Post
    Anyone have a idea whats wrong with my both shoulders. I get clicking, poping, rubing and grining sounds. When i rotate my arms in a circular motion, at the very back of the movment if feels like its grinding and moving in and out of place. My results were - x-ray on both shoulders were clear and Mri on the right shoulder which is the worse was also clear. Seen a physio, osteopath and a specialist in arthritis and none of them know whats wrong. Been loike it for around 17 months now.
    same here man, but its never caused me pain or any problems so i let it be
    cause for me giving up is harder than trying

user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user345008781 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My shoulder clicks every so often, but i figured it was nothing to worry about without pain.

daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel_2k8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My'n are painful. Iv'e spent around ?500 pound out of my own pocket going to different places and getting scans but still cant get any answers. I even took 5 months from the gym and when i returned it was still the same.
    Last edited by daniel_2k8; 07-28-2008 at 06:26 AM.
    He who dies biggest.. WINS!

100% rep back guarantee

the pit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Generally, if there is clicking there is a muscle imbalance. one of the possible options is that your upper trap is to tight. have someone check the bottom of your scapula and see if they are even on your back. Many people sleep on their stomach with one arm raised up. This can cause your upper trap to shorten moving your scapula upwards. Most likely the shoulder that is clicking will have the scapula that is higher. Stretching the upper trap over a period of time will correct this problem. Unfortunately there is many problems that you can have with your shoulder and if there is pain you should be checked out by a professional. i myself had this problem with clicking and no pain and my right scapula was about an inch higher then the left. with stretching upper trap the clicking is gone.

vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had shoulder surgery a few years back and in my checkup recently when I had some pain there, the doctor said (technical term coming) 'clunks and pops' without pain are normal in most people.

ranjanrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i had the exact same problem(clicking) and instead of being careful i pushed myself more harder and started lifting heavier weights, then 1 day during benching my left arm just came down quickly with a kind of weird sound, i thought i had torn some muscle...i couldnt move my left hand for 2 days!

so went to the doc...After all the checkups i found that my rotor cuff is overloaded but not torn....doctor gave me anti-inflamatory tabs and asked me to take 3 weeks off lifting ...its been 3 weeks without lifting, i tried lifting this weekend and it kinda hurts even with 20lbs DB. I dunno when it will ever be 100% normal again should i restrain from lifting completely?

How long does it take to heal rotor cuff injuries?
    Light weight baby!!

jbsmack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same problem.. it feels like cracking the bones on my shoulders...

iv done little shoulder exercise and the clicking deteriorates but still present..

Mikeyjohnnu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Spot on

Originally Posted by the pit View Post
    Generally, if there is clicking there is a muscle imbalance. one of the possible options is that your upper trap is to tight. have someone check the bottom of your scapula and see if they are even on your back. Many people sleep on their stomach with one arm raised up. This can cause your upper trap to shorten moving your scapula upwards. Most likely the shoulder that is clicking will have the scapula that is higher. Stretching the upper trap over a period of time will correct this problem. Unfortunately there is many problems that you can have with your shoulder and if there is pain you should be checked out by a professional. i myself had this problem with clicking and no pain and my right scapula was about an inch higher then the left. with stretching upper trap the clicking is gone.
    Only smart answer. Thx alot. Makes total sense.

Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have that too and the weirdest thing is that since I started doing PT and building the muscles in my back, especially the scaupla area, my clicking has subsided significantly. Before I started to have the clicking I was just doing bench presses and never worked my back, ever. It's amazing but the most I work my back, and build up the area there, the less clicking I'm having. Good news to me although the clicking was never painful.

Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by the pit View Post
    LOL, amazing. Same thing happened to me. My right scap has been elevated much higher than the left. I started to work on the scapula, stretching trap, and building muscle in the back by doing daily PT exercises and sure enough the clicking in my right shoulder has gone down significantly. Not permanently but it's a lot less than before.