elvk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elvk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elvk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elvk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my girlfriend wants to get really toned and lose fat

she doesn't want strong muscle, just toned muscle. what should i tell her to do in the gym? i told her to do 15 min on each machine, then do these oblique exercises, and im going to show her some inner ab exercises. i have her doing low weight 20ish reps on curls, and tri extrensions. then i have her on some leg machines.

what are some good glute exercises for her to do?
    Last edited by elvk; 11-17-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Im not short I'm fun size pirouette's Avatar
    pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000) pirouette is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by elvk View Post
    she doesn't want strong muscle, just toned muscle. what should i tell her to do in the gym? i told her to do 15 min on each machine, then do these oblique exercises, and im going to show her some inner ab exercises. i have her doing low weight 20ish reps on curls, and tri extrensions. then i have her on some leg machines.

what are some good glute exercises for her to do?
    She need's to find an activity that intrests her.
    And...this is just my opinion......She'd be alot better off upping the weight and doing only 8-12 reps versus doing 20 reps......which is boring and pointless.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe.

"I think I'd make a really good ninja."

In arguments that matter, if you don't choose a side, you lose.

Feels good man

Whiskey for my beer, men for my horses.

****FIERCE*****GRRRRR

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no such this as "toning" a muscle per se. The term "toning" refers to the contraction in the muscle. So flex your bicep, there you go, it is in a state of "tone".

Have a look at the girls on this forum who are fit and have beautiful muscles. They lift heavy weights, same as men. The sculpted muscle appearance comes about from a strict diet leading to a reduced BF% and a solid lifting routine.
    Last edited by imperfectly_lou; 11-18-2007 at 02:00 AM.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Regarding muscle tone:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=7&gl=us

"Even at rest, most of our skeletal muscles are in a state of partial contraction called tonus. Tonus is maintained by the activation of a few motor units at all times even in resting muscle. As one set of motor units relaxes, another set takes over."

http://www.online-medical-dictionary...q=Muscle+Tonus

"Muscle Tonus
    The state of activity or tension of a muscle beyond that related to its physical properties, that is, its active resistance to stretch. In skeletal muscle, tonus is dependent upon efferent innervation. (Stedman, 25th ed)"
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.