bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Building Mass ..when To Do Cardio

right now im tryin to build more mass..when should i do cardio..right now im doing 20 min low intense cardio after workout..should i switch it to high intense after workout..trying to build as much mass as possible which one is the best for doing that

alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alphonse17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump i wanna know

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    diet

(no +food)
    I don't know either lol

Самый крутой модулятор B.O.L.A.'s Avatar
    B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you doing cardio at all?
    BMBC

"The State is a gang of thieves writ large." - Murray N. Rothbard

lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lesterarin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You're bulking and doing cardio after a workout? how stupid does that sound?

Your body is a in a severe catabolic state after lifting and you want to do cardio after?

do low intensity exercise 20 mins 3 times a week. on non workout days.

bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cardio is great for the heart and also will help imporve endurance on lifting..bump anyone know?

LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulking up requires ingesting more calories so as the body will have extra material to work with to put muscle tissue on your frame. You need to put your body into an anabolic state.

Doing cardio is in direct opposition to this. Cardio will put your body into a catabolic state. That being said, cardio is good for the heart but you said, you wanted to bulk up.

The body doesn't work optimally that way. You can't expect great muscular gains while doing cardio. You have to do one or the other depending upon what your goals are at that time.

PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cardio is important for the heart like you already stated. If you are trying to bulk up, i suggest doing them 2-3 times a day on non lifting days.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to bulk up this is what I think you should do:

week 1:

Workout x 3 a week
    Cardio x 1 a week

week 2:

Workout x 3 a week
    Cardio x 1 a week

Week 3:

Workout x 3 a week
    Cardio x 1 a week

Week 4:

Workout x3 a week
    Cardio x 2/3 a week

Then repeat.

AKA, not much cardio. But on certain weeks you should do more. You shouldn't do too long cardio, keep it around 20-40 mins long, fairly intense. Make sure you eat a lot after workout as well as isotonic drinks during.

Peace
    beepbeepimaJew

1k+

I just don't know anymore MoGeaYuglay's Avatar
    MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do cardio in the morning on non-lifting days. your heart and overall cardiovascular health is important. don't neglect it.
    If you think you can, you will.
    If you think you can't, you're right.

monday-Chest then 10 min cardio
    tues- off
    wed-Back/Biceps then 10 min cardio
    thurs-Shoulders then 10 min cardio
    friday-off
    saturday-Chest/Tris then 10 min cardio
    sunday- Biceps then 10 min cardio

this is my current workout schedule...should i change the 10 min cardio after each workout and do it on mornings on offdays so tues and friday for 35 min faily intense??

im building mass but still not trying to gain too much fat.im keeping my diet high in protein

TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MoGeaYuglay View Post
    do cardio in the morning on non-lifting days. your heart and overall cardiovascular health is important. don't neglect it.
    Yeh, you need to keep cardio up and definately do it on non-lifting days.
    Personally I cannot stomach morning cardio, I do it in the evening, but if you can do it in the morning go 4 it.
    beepbeepimaJew

1k+

ok im going to do cardio in mornings on non-workout days..is 2 days a week 35 min each time good enough.

or what if i do my lifting workouts take my protein shake and then do 15 min cardio after each workout and then keep my 2 days off for rebuilding

LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) LungeManiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bodyform88 View Post
    or what if i do my lifting workouts take my protein shake and then do 15 min cardio after each workout and then keep my 2 days off for rebuilding
    You have to remember, after an intense muscle building workout your muscles are hungry for carbohydrates and amino acids for repairing the muscle tissue you have just broken down. Directly after a workout like that you should eat and rest the muscles so they can repair optimally.

If you must do cardio, do it the next day briefly and EAT.

the reason why i am trying to add cardio in with the lifting to loose excess fat on stomach...is this more of cardio thing or a diet....

i want to either do cardio before or after workout and i heard its devestating before workout...i think ill do 10 min after workout on the step incline machine to minimize fat on stomach

how does this sound?

the reason why i am trying to add cardio in with the lifting to loose excess fat on stomach...is this more of cardio thing or a diet....

i want to either do cardio before or after workout and i heard its devestating before workout...i think ill do 10 min after workout on the step incline machine to minimize fat on stomach

how does this sound?
    This is an age old problem. You have to understand how metabolism works. The body likes to add fat and muscle simultaneously. The body does not like to add muscle and lose fat simultaneously. This is an unfortunate truth.

The tried and true method bodybuilders go though is to bulk up by lifting heavy weight and eating enormous amounts of good quality calories and cutting back as much as possible on cardio. Unfortunately fat is going to come with that.

Later, after the BB has put on the muscular mass, now is the time for increased cardio and cutting the calories back to move the body more into a fat loss state and hopefully not too much of a muscle catabolic state. They should still be lifting weights to keep the hard earned muscle on. The goal now is not to keep packing on the muscle but TO BURN FAT.

I hope that clears it up for you. Good luck.

yes it makes sense.when you are cutting you should be taking in a lot of protein because you need to keep up the muscle you have gained....when i am cutting when should i do cardio and how much should i do...i still going to lift the same but when should i add in the cardio after the lifting because it hard to seperate it..

dubano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dubano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    check out the tabata protocol

what is that

Milk does a body good. Sir_Malak's Avatar
    Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sir_Malak is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No cardio on workout days...but do try to get some form of cardio in sometime during the week. Now this really boils down to each individuals lifestyle vs. should they do cardio.

If your daily routine is basically a lazy one physically you might want to incorporate some form of cardio during non-workout days just for the sole benefit of your heart/lungs. However if your daily routine already has you moving alot etc..and your bulking i see no real reason to do extra cardio.

As w8 said no cardio + diet is king here for the bodybuilding. You just have to kinda take a step back at your life and ask yourself when do i ever get my heart rate elevated and keep it that way for a short time?

For me at the university i walk alot during the day anyway so i choose now not to add any cardio and it works fine..during the holiday months etc.. i pull some cardio on non workout days nothing intense or draining etc...and that works for me as well.

Good luck!
    2014 Misc Raw Bench Press Contest winner in the 276lb+ 555lb lift @ ~280lbs
    2014 Obtained goal of 600+ raw bench press. Shoulder also hates me.
    2015 Lost 110 lbs and currently enjoy being healthy. Retired heavy bench press.
    2016 Stay healthy? Help others?
    2017 Staying Healthy
    2018 Might Return To The Game

Smile

Originally Posted by Sir_Malak View Post
    No cardio on workout days...but do try to get some form of cardio in sometime during the week. Now this really boils down to each individuals lifestyle vs. should they do cardio.

If your daily routine is basically a lazy one physically you might want to incorporate some form of cardio during non-workout days just for the sole benefit of your heart/lungs. However if your daily routine already has you moving alot etc..and your bulking i see no real reason to do extra cardio.

As w8 said no cardio + diet is king here for the bodybuilding. You just have to kinda take a step back at your life and ask yourself when do i ever get my heart rate elevated and keep it that way for a short time?

For me at the university i walk alot during the day anyway so i choose now not to add any cardio and it works fine..during the holiday months etc.. i pull some cardio on non workout days nothing intense or draining etc...and that works for me as well.

Good luck!
    That's very true. You make some valid points about lifestyle. If one is not to active they may very well need more frequent cardio sessions.

thanks for the help..it helps a lot. during cutting phases it is good to add cardio in about 5 days a week when is it good to add it in..i know its best to seperate it but after workouts would be best if you dont have time to do dual workouts for cardio and lifting

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LungeManiac View Post
    This is an age old problem. You have to understand how metabolism works. The body likes to add fat and muscle simultaneously. The body does not like to add muscle and lose fat simultaneously. This is an unfortunate truth.

The tried and true method bodybuilders go though is to bulk up by lifting heavy weight and eating enormous amounts of good quality calories and cutting back as much as possible on cardio. Unfortunately fat is going to come with that.

Later, after the BB has put on the muscular mass, now is the time for increased cardio and cutting the calories back to move the body more into a fat loss state and hopefully not too much of a muscle catabolic state. They should still be lifting weights to keep the hard earned muscle on. The goal now is not to keep packing on the muscle but TO BURN FAT.

I hope that clears it up for you. Good luck.
    This board is about 98% natural: the guys over 18 can't afford the all or nothing attitude. Going to either extreme is a good way to dig a very DEEP hole.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you guys watch your diet (limiting your carbs if you really get fat off of carbs, to in the morning and PWO only, no carbs within 6 hours of bedtime) and take thermogenic agent all day (like green tea or coffee), and do that cardio in the morning on non-lifting days, you can get bigger/stronger, and maintain a certain level of leanness (within reason, you can maintain a 9-12% bf doing this but don't think you're gonna be 5% and gaining)

if you diet smart, you can do it. discipline!

(go read some Dr. Berardi articles)

Come at me broham! Allen Iverson's Avatar
    Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Allen Iverson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I walk 30-40 minutes moderate speed on non-lifting days and have a very clean diet.

Sometimes, I walk on lifting days too, but I make sure I down an extra serving of whey protein.
    2009 bb.com's Jiu Jitsu team

what does the thermogenic agent do? and when cutting cardio is good everyday after lifting?

Самый крутой модулятор B.O.L.A.'s Avatar
    B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Allen Iverson View Post
    I walk 30-40 minutes moderate speed on non-lifting days and have a very clean diet.

Sometimes, I walk on lifting days too, but I make sure I down an extra serving of whey protein.
    What about practice??
    BMBC

"The State is a gang of thieves writ large." - Murray N. Rothbard

what does the thermogenic agent do? and when cutting cardio is good everyday after lifting?
    Agent keeps your metabolism going.

Cardio preferably in the morning on non-training days (or even on mornings you don't train legs but other bodyparts)