jax80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can eating less calories, but 1.5x protein build muscle while losing fat?

This might be a ridiculous question...but can I eat less calories overall, but siginifcally increase my protein intake to 1.5x my current bodyweight to increase muscle while losing fat?.

Thanks

StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormsPlaya88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well how often do you do cardio
    1RM
    Squat - 215
    Bench - 177

Bodybuilding isn't for lazy people, its for dedicated people

Hung like a 7 y/o asian DrmChld's Avatar
    DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrmChld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by StormsPlaya88
    well how often do you do cardio
    How often is too much or too little to lose fat and gain muscle this way?
    Who the hell you calling crazy? You wouldn't know what crazy was
    If Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch....

Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Biff_McFresh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jax80
    This might be a ridiculous question...but can I eat less calories overall, but siginifcally increase my protein intake to 1.5x my current bodyweight to increase muscle while losing fat?.

Thanks
    Assuming when you say "less calories", you mean under maintenance...that's not the ideal way to do it. Muscle gains, if any, would be few and far between. Not taking into account possible newbie gains if you are new to training.

Don't be weak.

"I like swiss cheese. It's the only cheese you can draw with a pencil and identify. You can draw American cheese, but someone will think it's cheddar. Swiss cheese is the only cheese you can bite and miss. "Hey Mitch - does that sandwich have cheese on it?" "Every now and then!" I got some swiss air on that bite." -Mitch Hedberg

Yes, under my maintenance level.

Essentially...I weight about 145lbs and am 5' 7" ....I have a small gut that I would like to get rid of...but obviously workout and building muscle.

My overal frame looks really small...which I want to build and cut..

If I begin taking 3 protein shakes of about 50gm of whey protein and 230 calories each day....do I need to worry about that extra 700 calories just turning into fat.

Obviously I plan to workout..4 days a week....

When should I incorporate cardio (elliptical machine..cant run, I have made knee) ?

Any advise please.

Thanks,
    Amish

thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000) thajeepster is just really nice. (+1000)
    let me answer your question this way... im 150-155lbs... well i was, now im about 155+, i ate 260g protein every day for over a year, and ate about 2800 cals.... where was I after a year... 155lbs... its not going to work. Youve gotta get those cals in, i wasted a year of my life figuring that out.

DONT BE LIKE ME ...

so how do I bulk up...get bigger mass and body shape..with minimal actual fat gain?

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jax80
    so how do I bulk up...get bigger mass and body shape..with minimal actual fat gain?

It's trial and error, you have to eat 2-3 weeks to see how your body responds to the amount of cals you're taking in along with your workout routine/cardio....

but 18-20 times your bodyweight for bulking calories, of course you have to eat more to compensate for cardio/weights...
    B|m|B
    CREW

{{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

*always pick 6 crew*

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    even if you eat 3X your bodyweight of protein you still won't build muscle while cutting.
    doesn't watch t.v.