nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nybble has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Diet for a very SLOW & CLEAN bulk.

I just got off of my first cut period (10 weeks) and I love the way I look. But I lost some size. So now I am looking to bulk up but I want to try my best to keep my BF% where it's at. I am looking to gain under 1lb per week. I am 6'1" and weigh 205lbs. The caloric ratio is about 22/22/56 (protein/fat/carbs)

Could you guys critique my diet and give me any tips on how to stay lean? I may have to lower my daily caloric intake because this diet is at 3900 cals. Some advice on that would be nice as well. Is it beneificial or harmful to take in complex carbs before sleep in meal 6? And what about my caloric ratio? Thanks in advance.

1)
    1 pint 1% milk
    2 large eggs
    125g egg whites
    1 brown bagel
    1 tbsp margarine

2)
    2 cups oatmeal
    2 tablespoons natty PB
    1 pint 1% milk

3)
    1 can tuna
    2 pieces brown bread
    lettuce & tomatoe
    2 tbsp low fat mayo

4)
    1 chicken breast
    low GI veggies
    1 pint milk

5)
    a cut of meat
    complex carbs
    around 500 cal

6) (before bed)
    250g cottage cheese
    1 brown bagel
    100 cals of cream cheese

pre-workout shake
    2 cups oats (gonna change this)
    20g protein

post-workout shake
    200 mL juice or gatorade
    40g protein
    Short-term Pain, Long term Gain.

bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigassdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks solid, but make sure you get a solid meal after ur pwo shake

zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I'm in the same boat as you, and plan on SLOWLY bulking (.5 pound per week) starting September 5th. You're a bit bigger than I am (5'8", 176), and I plan on consuming an average of about 3,300 calories/day.

Overall, everything looks good. You are going to get those people that really nitpick at everything (eliminate the bagel! Cream cheese is the Devil's food! Watch out for that margarine!), but overall I think it's VERY good. As far as your ratio goes, when I bulk I normally go with a standard 20/50/30 ratio, fat/carbs/protein. You might want to explore that, but as long as you're getting your bodyweight in grams of protein, and getting most of your carbs from complex sources, I think you'll be ok.

The whole "don't eat carbs before you go to bed" I think is over-rated. As long as you don't pig out on carbs, again, you'll be fine. I normally have a bowl of oatmeal (between 40-60 gram serving size) with protein powder mixed in before I go to bed, and it didn't hinder my progress in the slightest, and that's when I was cutting!

Don't know what body type you are, but I tend to gain fat rather easily (hence the slow bulk). I plan on doing cardio about two times per week to keep my bodyfat levels from skyrocketing.

Hope that helps, good luck!!!!
    ***I rep back (400+)***

REPS 4 LIFE: All the homies on the Yankees thread, NDame616

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nybble
    I just got off of my first cut period (10 weeks) and I love the way I look. But I lost some size. So now I am looking to bulk up but I want to try my best to keep my BF% where it's at. I am looking to gain under 1lb per week. I am 6'1" and weigh 205lbs. The caloric ratio is about 22/22/56 (protein/fat/carbs)

Could you guys critique my diet and give me any tips on how to stay lean? I may have to lower my daily caloric intake because this diet is at 3900 cals. Some advice on that would be nice as well. Is it beneificial or harmful to take in complex carbs before sleep in meal 6? And what about my caloric ratio? Thanks in advance.

1)
    1 pint 1% milk
    2 large eggs
    125g egg whites
    1 brown bagel
    1 tbsp margarine

LOSE THE MARGARINE

2)
    2 cups oatmeal
    2 tablespoons natty PB
    1 pint 1% milk

ADD A LEAN PROTEIN SOURCE LIKE CHICKE, TUNA, ETC

3)
    1 can tuna
    2 pieces brown bread
    lettuce & tomatoe
    2 tbsp low fat mayo

LOSE THE MAYO. INSTEAD, FOR FATS HAVE RAW NUTS, NATTY PB, FISH OIL, ETC

4)
    1 chicken breast
    low GI veggies
    1 pint milk

ADD SOME FATS

5)
    a cut of meat
    complex carbs
    around 500 cal

ADD VEGGIES

6) (before bed)
    250g cottage cheese
    1 brown bagel
    100 cals of cream cheese

DROP THE CREAM CHEESE AND BAGEL. ADD FATS.

pre-workout shake
    2 cups oats (gonna change this)
    20g protein

post-workout shake
    200 mL juice or gatorade
    40g protein

WHEN DO YOU HAVE THESE...BETWEEN WHICH MEALS. BTW, IMO 2 CUPS OF OATS IS A GREAT PRE-WO MEAL CARB
    comments in the qoute in CAPS

I have been doing this approach for the past 5 months or so and I like it a lot bettr then cutting/bulking cycles. Things that have worked well for me...

-gain weight slowly. aim to gain about .5lb a week. this way you know the weight you are gaining is muscle and not fat. my logic is that since its hard to put on any more then about .5 lb of muscle a week anyway, there is no point in bulking and gaing 1-2lbs a week. at least this has worked well for me but you have to be patient when approaching bulking this way. think of it as a constant bulk.

-eat starchy carbs(oats, brown rice,etc) around your workout(pre-wo meal, PWO shake, PWO meal) and for breakfast only. all other meals have carbs from veggies, fruit, and beans.

-do cardio. HIIT cardio and walking for 45-60mins are what my body responds best to. do cardio on days you dont lift or 6-8 hours before/after lifting.

hope this helps.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/