JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best feeling shoulder excersizes are bad for you?

you always hear about how bad for your joints behind-the-neck militarys and upright rows are

yet i feel there some of the best feeling excersizes and i hate having to stay away from them...

maybe different genetics make them OK for some people?
    measuring them by immediate discomfort, upright rows and behind the neck presses both feel solid when i do them, yet lateral raises which are accepted, cause me immediate joint pain even at low weight.

right now my shoulders are limited to shoulder presses and i want to add another excersize, my push routine consist of 3 chest excersizes, 2 triceps and only 1 shoulder iso.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep upright rows to no higher than nipple level, and btn military presses to no lower than ear level, and you'll be fine in my opinion. I kind of have the same problem with lateral raises. My shoulders pops and creaks, no matter how light I go. Not really any pain involved, but they just feel awkward. I have less problems with lying laterals on an incline. They are more for the rear delts with less emphasis on the side, but still work pretty well.

Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bad Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please don't take this wrong but if you want to do exercises that have been proven to wreck the shoulders then do so.

There are many of us out here that have and had shoulder problems and we trace them directly to behind the neck presses..

I am not saying you should not do them I am saying that if you do them you might have shoulder problems in the FUTURE that you might have avoided.

As far as thinking you might be genetically predisposed to not having problems with behind the neck presses I can only say it happens in increments. So what was not worn out yesterday can be worn out tomorrow..

Like most games Bodybuilding is a thinking persons game so if you want to learn to play it well you adapt and take what you need and leave the rest.

Now someone can step forward and tell you that a behind the neck press becomes a safe front press in about ten inches so there is no need to do them but I am not gonna do that..
    To hell I ain't..It becomes a front press in about ten inches..

tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do whats comfortable for you.I do btns all the way down,i used to not be able to without a bit of pain but now i love them and see them as the only thing thats gunna get me wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiide.
    Why does **** have HIT in it?
    FINALLY LIFTING AGAIN!!!PROPERLY!!!LETS ADD SOME BEEF!!

Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ka$h has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was always curious about this. IF you train the rotator cuff 3x a week, would it be ok to do BNT presses?

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    btn is safe if you have shoulder girdle flexibility

upright row does not allow sufficient space for the greater tubercle to clear the acromium. and unless you're a mutant with bone/ligament/muscle structure/attachment different than everybody else on earth, that holds to you.
    <->

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    i just thought of something - i used to do behind the neck presses and pulldowns a long time ago and had no problem. i stopped doing them because i heard they would wreck your shoulders. now i try to do them and can't.

it's possible that doing behing the neck movements actually increase shoulder girdle flexibility. am i on to something? or no?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SDFlipStyle
    i just thought of something - i used to do behind the neck presses and pulldowns a long time ago and had no problem. i stopped doing them because i heard they would wreck your shoulders. now i try to do them and can't.

it's possible that doing behing the neck movements actually increase shoulder girdle flexibility. am i on to something? or no?
    Yep, I believe they do. Cause I know I got some SERIOUS flexibility in my shoulders now, that I never had before do behind the neck movements. I also personally feel they are better for building width.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    an Iron Cross will hurt your shoulders
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

that's what shoulder girdle flexibility involves - doing the movement lightly, then gradually working up. it's dangerous when tards throw up 200pds on their first attempt because that's what they military press and don't want to take it lightly.

i'm not suprised you can't do it anymore; flexibility is like anything - you don't use it, you lose it.
    <->

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Originally Posted by $AJ
    that's what shoulder girdle flexibility involves - doing the movement lightly, then gradually working up. it's dangerous when tards throw up 200pds on their first attempt because that's what they military press and don't want to take it lightly.

i'm not suprised you can't do it anymore; flexibility is like anything - you don't use it, you lose it.
    I hate to admit it. But I agree with AJ on this one. But don't get used to this. Because you will always be my exercise theory nemesis.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    what exactly is the reason an upright row is dangerous to your shoulders?
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    I hate to admit it. But I agree with AJ on this one. But don't get used to this. Because you will always be my exercise theory nemesis.
    time + food

oh, wait, i thought somebody was asking a quesiton there
    <->

Originally Posted by MrSinister
    Aj's shoulder impingement radar should be beeping off the charts right now.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    something about impingment and something about sufficient space between the tubercle...... i dont know.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    something about impingment and something about sufficient space between the tubercle...... i dont know.
    yeah ive heard it, and stopped them myself for this reason, cant say i ever personally felt any pain or discomfort tho.... maybe there is a safe way to do them tho, grip wise???
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JTBull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    agreed upright rows feel awsome when i do them
    i go up to chin and hold close grip on a EZ bar
    feels strange on the wrist butshoulder burn and feel great

guess ill forget them

lets discuss the advatages of these excersizes now to figure if there even worth it

exactly what parts of the shoulders do uprights and BTN work over regular militaries or dumbell presses?

read a few posts up
    <->

bump

what prts of the sholders do each of these excersizes focus on?

do upright rows and BTN presses work different muscles then regular shoulder presses?

Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by $AJ

upright row does not allow sufficient space for the greater tubercle to clear the acromium. and unless you're a mutant with bone/ligament/muscle structure/attachment different than everybody else on earth, that holds to you.
    Greater tubercle of....?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward
    Greater tubercle of....?
    The acromion process, or simply the acromion, is an anatomical feature on the scapula.
    It is a continuation of the scapular spine, and hooks over anteriorly. The acromion articulates with the clavicle to form the acromioclavicular joint which is a part of the shoulder joint.
    I don't know either lol

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Couldn't you just do BTN presses on the Smith machine. That way you wouldn't have to worry about balancing the weight.
    I don't know either lol

Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    The acromion process, or simply the acromion, is an anatomical feature on the scapula.
    It is a continuation of the scapular spine, and hooks over anteriorly. The acromion articulates with the clavicle to form the acromioclavicular joint which is a part of the shoulder joint.
    Well, I'll give you an A for your description of the AC joint, but I think $AJ was on about the greater tubercle of the humerus; as this is the only bone in that area I can think of with a greater tubercle. I just wanted to check if that is what he was talking about, as I was trying to imagine the movement of the upright row and how the proximal end of the humerus would move in relation to the acromion. I was having a hard time picturing how the greater tubercle of the humerus would need to clear the acromion.

I'm not trying to be a smart-arse. I believe $AJ has superior physiological (and injuryological ) knowledge than myself when it comes to bbing.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill