blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hungry every 2-3 hours, this a good sign?

when i used to spend my entire day doing nothing but sitting on the computer, I could go for long stretches of time without feeling hungry. but nowadays, i'm a lot more active since i'm in college, and i've changed the way i eat considerably.

not gonna go into details, but for my three main meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I always have 20 oz of skim milk, followed by several platefuls of whatever the cafeteria is serving, i usually shoot for any dishes with meat in them, a salad, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal w/ raisins, applesauce, etc. etc. (not all in the same meal of course) needless to say by the end of the meal i'm completely stuffed to the brim, like uncomfortably so, which goes against the idea of "only eat until you're satisfied, then save the rest for later". i did some calorie estimating/counting and even with drinking 2/3 a gallon of milk a day i'm barely scraping the 3800 calories i'm shooting for. (BMR ~ 3300) and since i don't have time for a pre-workout meal, and breakfast IS my PWO meal, i can't squeeze any calories in there either. so i feel like i almost have to stuff myself to get the calories i need. i get 5-6 meals a day but am hungrier than ever.

Registered User futureincumbent's Avatar
    futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you eat until your completely stuffed and are still hungry? In a perfect diet, you are never full nor hungry, so it's defintely not a good sign. You didn't want to elaborate on your diet, so I'm assuming your not eating right. If you want to feel "full," without over eating, the key is foods high in protein, fiber, and water content.

blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackthursday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i wrote a long ass response but then i realized breakfast is the only meal i really overstuff myself on, the rest of the meals are fairly healthy and i dont feel like throwing up afterwords. i just continually feel hungry even though I know im eating a ton

it's ****ing hard to eat clean when you never know what the cafeteria is gonna be serving.

7:45 workout

8:30 breakfast
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup raisins
    1/2 cup applesauce
    3 egg whites, 1 yolk
    1 Scoop ON Whey
    2.5 cups skim milk
    animal pak

the rest of my meals are too varied in times and content to try and write out, but i always opt for the healthy stuff, i.e: pick-the-meat-out-of-the-international-plates-and-leave-the-white-rice-soaked-in-dressing loaded-with-sodium, cottage cheese, salads w/ fat free italian, etc.

the only thing i'm not proud of is the cheese-less double hamburger with half a bun that i eat 4 or 5 nights a week. but im pretty sure im getting enough protein since i get almost 150g from milk and shakes alone
    Last edited by blackthursday; 11-15-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like to see being hungry often as a good thing, but then again i've been bulking for years.

If you're hungry, eat more. No big deal.

What you eat should depend on your goals, but keeping protein content high should be paramount.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

Registered User futureincumbent's Avatar
    futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futureincumbent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by blackthursday View Post
    i wrote a long ass response but then i realized breakfast is the only meal i really overstuff myself on, the rest of the meals are fairly healthy and i dont feel like throwing up afterwords. i just continually feel hungry even though I know im eating a ton

it's ****ing hard to eat clean when you never know what the cafeteria is gonna be serving.

7:45 workout

8:30 (10:30 on every other day) breakfast
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup raisins
    1/2 cup applesauce
    3 egg whites, 1 yolk
    1 Scoop ON Whey
    2.5 cups skim milk
    animal pak

the rest of my meals are too varied in times and content to try and write out, but i always opt for the healthy stuff, i.e: pick-the-meat-out-of-the-international-plates-and-leave-the-white-rice-soaked-in-dressing loaded-with-sodium, cottage cheese, salads w/ fat free italian, etc.

the only thing i'm not proud of is the cheese-less double hamburger with half a bun that i eat 4 or 5 nights a week
    The only thing you should be doing in the morning, on an empty stomach, is cardio. I highly suggest you don't weight train in the morning on an empty stomach. Your never going to get your full potential in the gym without a healthy pre workout meal, such as oats, protein shake, or even fruit such as a banana and/or apple.

I would ditch the milk. I recently did my research on milk and was totally alarmed. I did what you did last year, consumed it actually about 3 times a day (skim). I read about the hormones, antibiotics, etc. that are in it. Being it's at a college, it certainly isn't going to be organic milk, and even then, it's pasteurized, which our body was never meant to handle.

Also, I found out I've been lactose intolerant. I used to have gas to no end, a little bloating, and the whole time I thought it was normal. I refrained from milk, and no more gas, bloating, and I feel much better. You may be too, as it's among the highest food allergies, and most people don't realize it until young adult age. I know how those cafeterias can be, I did that whole thing last year. I didn't know half of what I know now, and our cafeteria always had delicious pies/cakes/doughnuts/ice cream available, in which I would indulge. You live and learn.

i'll try throwing in a banana from now on since they are so easy to take from the cafe.

and i know what you mean about the desserts lol. i haven't even touched the dessert bar in almost a month though so i'm pretty proud of myself

but im gonna keep drinking milk for now, i can't drink water with meals, and everything else in the cafe is sugar, so it's my best option.

date +%H:%M | grep 4:20 buddhastalin's Avatar
    buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    but im pretty sure im getting enough protein since i get almost 150g from milk and shakes alone
    not sure of the breakdown but if milk is the primary source of the protein, i think i would get hungry too. i would imagine 150g of milk is around 2000+ calories. try eating more solid food.
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

milk AND shakes, there's a big difference.

i get around 1k calories from milk and shakes (which i use milk in)

date +%H:%M | grep 4:20 buddhastalin's Avatar
    buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    milk AND shakes, there's a big difference.

i get around 1k calories from milk and shakes (which i use milk in)
    ah, gotcha. 1000 calories out of 3800 would be fine if you're not getting hungry but at 150 grams of protein, if you were to get it from say, beef, that would be over a pound of meat which would be more filling than substituting it with a milk/shake. hmm. milk shake...mmmm...
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

Registered User DMBsAmricanBaby's Avatar
    DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    every 3 hours is normal...but not 2...unless you're constantly moving.
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

HI MISC! RED'S MY FAVORITE COLOR! :D

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when i used to spend my entire day doing nothing but sitting on the computer, I could go for long stretches of time without feeling hungry. but nowadays, i'm a lot more active since i'm in college, and i've changed the way i eat considerably.

not gonna go into details, but for my three main meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I always have 20 oz of skim milk, followed by several platefuls of whatever the cafeteria is serving, i usually shoot for any dishes with meat in them, a salad, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal w/ raisins, applesauce, etc. etc. (not all in the same meal of course) needless to say by the end of the meal i'm completely stuffed to the brim, like uncomfortably so, which goes against the idea of "only eat until you're satisfied, then save the rest for later". i did some calorie estimating/counting and even with drinking 2/3 a gallon of milk a day i'm barely scraping the 3800 calories i'm shooting for. (BMR ~ 3300) and since i don't have time for a pre-workout meal, and breakfast IS my PWO meal, i can't squeeze any calories in there either. so i feel like i almost have to stuff myself to get the calories i need. i get 5-6 meals a day but am hungrier than ever.
    changing the way you eat
    changing ur activity level instead of sitting on ur ass plays a major part

and when u take in smaller meals ur body is constantly digesting food..

and now u have changed ur habits ur body is adapting.. welcome to the world where people eat frequently and get hungry every 2-3 hours