Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000)

~$70,000 Starting Jobs?

I'm sure there are many jobs and opportunities to start ~$70,000 a year. But to narrow it down, here are some specs:
    -"Secure", which to me means I can hold this job without my income decreasing or me losing my job easily, so I can do this for a few decades.
    -I guess I would describe this as "fun", but not necessarily. Meaning, not a lot of work to do. But then again, I really don't care what type of work I want to do. Really nothing is boring for me.
    -A job I can get straight out of a 4 year university. I'm not a genius, but I'm decent at school. After 4 years of schooling after high school, I'm looking for a job so I can start making some moo-lah right off the bat. I wouldn't mind actually spending a couple more years of school after I get my Masters or whatever you get at the end of a 4 year college, but not too long, like getting a medical degree in like 12 years of school.

Thanks for your input, and may peace be with you all! (That was just random.)

=*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is nothing that will pay u $70,000 at all, unless u do ur own buisness

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by =*=
    there is nothing that will pay u $70,000 at all, unless u do ur own buisness
    Not true. Some commercial pilots start out making over 100k. Like British Airways, Quantas, Cathay pacific etc...major airlines.
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

Registered User blood vs. water's Avatar
    blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muirsy88
    Not true. Some commercial pilots start out making over 100k. Like British Airways, Quantas, Cathay pacific etc...major airlines.
    *note to self*

learn to fly without the help of narcotics

VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    An anesthesiologist starts out making a couple hundred thousand and in a lot of places can end up making WELL over 500k.

11 years of school (after highschool) is not worth it though.

CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000) CountryPunk is just really nice. (+1000)
    My friend is currently training to be a nurse. I don't know how long she will be in school, but she is going to start making well over $70,000 when she starts.

Okay, let me change the numbers. $50,000 with raises/promotions?

----don't be THAT guy---- two choices's Avatar
    two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you're gonna have a hard time finding a job that will pay that much straight outta college. 4 years in college will earn a bachelors degree, a masters degree usually takes from 5 to 6 years (including the four years of undergraduate work). i honestly can't think of any position that will earn that much.

if you somehow manage to find the perfect circumstances, maybe you could make that much with some sort of engineering degree, but even that's unlikely. my room mate in school was a genious type kid and when he got his chemical engineering degree, the best he was offered was about 40K. business degrees will usually (estimate) get something in the 30s.

but what i can tell you is this. make sure you get a degree in something that you will enjoy. just picking a career arbitrarily for the sake of money is a sure path to unhappiness, unless you are completely driven by money, and nothing else at all.

i agree with the other post that said that you would be most likely to make that much from starting your own business. even then though, start up costs and the possibility of the endeavor failing are still looming.

perhaps you should try to think of something you can do with the money you will earn to make your money earn that much. investments and real estate come to mind. that would be my advice. just save, save, save until you have enough to put into something that can make you money.

good luck.
    STATS:
    bench-(insert e-stat)
    squat-(insert e-stat)
    dead-(insert e-stat)

Also, the job should be available right after I graduate, if that's possible. A job that has many empty seats so I will have little competition.

Yea, thanks for the advice guys. I'm trying to be secure and stable, trying to find nothing too risky. Financial and economic issues are getting to my head and I'm worried how I will live my life when I finally leave home. Besides all that, NY has very high tax rates but I plan on living in the city. I guess I'll go with something in business, since I kinda suck at science/math.

How hard is it to become a mainstream actor? Like Brad Pitt and those other guys. Did they have connections or somehing? I know people that can act much better than them, and I think I can act too. Frankly, I think everyone thinks they can act, and a large percentage of them do, I bet.

Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bet Big is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by CountryPunk
    Also, the job should be available right after I graduate, if that's possible. A job that has many empty seats so I will have little competition.
    Wow, how easy would you like life to be?

=*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) =*= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i have a freind who is a freelancer/web developer and he makes well over 80,000 a year. he is still in college. If u really want to learn how to create web/ use photoshop etc.. and start creatin templeate. one of em goes for bout $500

Alright, scratch the schooling time. As long as I can afford the school I go to, I'll keep schooling, but not more than like 10 years. WAY too much. But keeping in mind all the other conditions I mentioned, is $60,000 possible?

try $35,000

those are the ones that fly a 777/ big jumbo jets, remb first u gota do co-captain and u only ear round $40,000. Also, pilots eventually will be weeded out as the Autopilot control will become more sophistcated

sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sponger2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    engineers make bank. an engineering bachelor degree is probably the best b.s that money can buy.

Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Aviationfit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pharmacy. Those guys and gals are getting signing bonuses before graduation and are starting in the 80k range.
    New and Improved(Just Shoot Me) R.I.P. 05/05/05

I don't know how I can live on such low salary! With NY's high tax rates, Almost 30% of my whole raw income is gone! My net income doesn't leave me any spare money. Let's see: (one month)
    $1,200 rent (might get higher if I'm unlucky)
    $560 Food
    $100 electricity/gas
    $50 phone
    $50 internet
    $60 cell phone
    $35 laundry (None in the apartment I live in)

I think these are all the basics, please tell me if I left something out.

I want to save money for a car, but looks like I can't.

Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000)
    Become a registered nurse in a wealthy area (Beverly Hills for example). Many are getting paid over $50k a year to start out.

The only undergraduate degrees that will basically gurantee you a salary like that are ones out of Wharton (UPenn) and similar schools (HYP, Stanford, UChicago, etc.). with prestige (more for the name, rather than what you will learn), assuming you go into investment banking or consulting.

VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) VegieMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright, scratch the schooling time. As long as I can afford the school I go to, I'll keep schooling, but not more than like 10 years. WAY too much. But keeping in mind all the other conditions I mentioned, is $60,000 possible?
    Nurse Anesthesist if you don't care to be made fun of taking nurse classes. Don't have to have nearly as good of grades or money to get into nursing school as you do to get into medical school. It's 6 years I believe and you make around 100k a year.

Originally Posted by VegieMan
    Nurse Anesthesist if you don't care to be made fun of taking nurse classes. Don't have to have nearly as good of grades or money to get into nursing school as you do to get into medical school. It's 6 years I believe and you make around 100k a year.
    You can't be serious? Might be because I live in NY...but I don't think anyone's gonna make fun of a 5'10", 225 lb., 6% BF guy

im in the same boat, i wana do my own website. kinda like bb.com and do a cyberstore. ima start doing it this yr. i hope supplments don't get banned then

My money life is screwed...I'm gonna be homeless and unemployed

its okay, that is what reps are for and u seem to have plenty

My money life is screwed...I'm gonna be homeless and unemployed
    Move to a more rural state, cost of living is a LOT cheaper. My dad makes 18k and my mom makes 50k and in Kentucky (yes.. kentucky is where I live) we are basically rich, we have a pretty good life. Doctors and **** here make around 150-200k and are like kings.

We also live in some unknown place, so if you move into a huge city part of a rural state, like Louisville, KY.. you'll make BIG bucks with low cost of living.

Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ralph Wiggum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can get your Ph.D in biological sciences and immediately after being branded a doctor, you can make 150,000 dollars to start working as a Fishery Biologist..

Move to a more rural state, cost of living is a LOT cheaper. My dad makes 18k and my mom makes 50k and in Kentucky (yes.. kentucky is where I live) we are basically rich, we have a pretty good life. Doctors and **** here make around 150-200k and are like kings.

We also live in some unknown place, so if you move into a huge city part of a rural state, like Louisville, KY.. you'll make BIG bucks with low cost of living.
    Okay um...let's see, 50 states. I can rule 2 of them out (Hawaii and Alaska). So I have no idea what life is like outside of NY. Where should I move...I prefer there be nice weather and hot girls

You can't be serious? Might be because I live in NY...but I don't think anyone's gonna make fun of a 5'10", 225 lb., 6% BF guy
    Can't be serious because I said nursing?

If so.. I've considered being a nurse anesthesist (I'm for sure doing something in the medical field, either Physical Therapy, Nurse Anesthesist, or something else fairly easy.. haven't found it yet though), more and more guys are getting into it now, and they make big bucks. Get made fun of for a few years and make big bucks, or try to be "Joe Cool" and live a poor life? You choose.

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
    You can get your Ph.D in biological sciences and immediately after being branded a doctor, you can make 150,000 dollars to start working as a Fishery Biologist..
    Wouldn't getting that degree take a longass time?

Look guys, I really don't want to start off by making over $90,000 a year. Don't ask me why, but I just don't. Maybe later on in life if I get a raise or promotion that's fine, but for now all I need is a simple life to live with extra cash to save/spend on friends and all that. That's it; I don't need to be ass rich or anything.

Can't be serious because I said nursing?

If so.. I've considered being a nurse anesthesist (I'm for sure doing something in the medical field, either Physical Therapy, Nurse Anesthesist, or something else fairly easy.. haven't found it yet though), more and more guys are getting into it now, and they make big bucks. Get made fun of for a few years and make big bucks, or try to be "Joe Cool" and live a poor life? You choose.
    I meant you can't be serious because of the money you said a nurse anesthesist makes. That's a lot of money for a nurse anesthesist. Are there any risks or anything?

Okay um...let's see, 50 states. I can rule 2 of them out (Hawaii and Alaska). So I have no idea what life is like outside of NY. Where should I move...I prefer there be nice weather and hot girls
    I don't know.. I've never been out of Kentucky except on trips to Ohio (live basically on the border, so I go there a lot), Arkansas, and Tennessee. Oh and Missouri