Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100)

reasons why rap is more popular than rock

because people are stupid

(there was a thread on this a few weeks ago) white suburban kids are more attracted to rap than rock

rock music has seen better days.......
    rap is getting more mainstream and its become almost a culture within itself

because of the music videos of cars, money and women

rappers main goal is to make money- if they're sucessful, rap will get more sucessful

Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50) Benahina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People like raps repetitive addictive beats. Aswell people like to hear music that plays with words.

I like rock better anyways

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think rap is anywhere close to being as popular as rock. Remember, there are people of all ages that listen to some form of rock music, whether it be Elvis, or AC/DC.

You don't see many people in their 40's or 50's bumping to Dr. Dre.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100) sticky fingers is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Hartski
    I don't think rap is anywhere close to being as popular as rock. Remember, there are people of all ages that listen to some form of rock music, whether it be Elvis, or AC/DC.

i think the current record sales favor more rap than rock

(correct me if i'm wrong)

*ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I prefer rap over rock, but i prefer the underground rap over the mainstream stuff.
    Rock is getting extremely **** nowadays thats why the record sales for it are dieing, i mean its all love songs, hate songs, or political propaganda about why bush is a bad man and it all sounds the same. Jeeze rock has seen better days. I like 70s, 80s, and early 90s rock over the **** thats out today.

azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100) azndragonboii is not very well liked. (-100)
    Depending on where you are....

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sticky fingers
    i think the current record sales favor more rap than rock

(correct me if i'm wrong)

Current sales, maybe. But you didn't specify that. Kids like rap now and buy their albums, but you have to look at the total sales over the last 50 years. Remember, People have been buying the crap out of rock & roll records since the 50's.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Current sales, maybe. But you didn't specify that. Kids like rap now and buy their albums, but you have to look at the total sales over the last 50 years. Remember, People have been buying the crap out of rock & roll records since the 50's.
    rap wasnt around in the 50s

anonymous
    someone do some mail bombing if this turns into a when will rap die thread.

raps got beat. you go in the club they play snoop dogg drop it likes its HOT not those geezers Linkin park screamin their lungs tilley blow.

Originally Posted by Meilad

raps got beat. you go in the club they play snoop dogg drop it likes its HOT not those geezers Linkin park screamin their lungs tilley blow.
    drop it like it hot has such great, poignant lyrics

(i'm being sarcastic)

rap sucks and linkin park isn't good but i prefer them to rap

The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Meilad

thats because its the latest 'trend' in pop music. If you went into a club 30 years ago theyd be playing disco or funk.

I predict eventually mainstream rap will burn out and die. Hopefully soon. There is only so long that you can rap about expensive cars, hoes, money, etc. Its pathetic that people STILL buy into that crap...mainstream rap is such a tired, talentless gerne these days.

Its been years since actual lyrically talented rappers have ruled the rap mainstream. (Notorious BIG, Tupac, Bone Thugs, Snoop Dogg's older material, etc.)
    "I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes."
    -- Frank Sinatra

Originally Posted by The Bassist
    thats because its the latest 'trend' in pop music. If you went into a club 30 years ago theyd be playing disco or funk.

I predict eventually mainstream rap will burn out and die. Hopefully soon. There is only so long that you can rap about expensive cars, hoes, money, etc. Its pathetic that people STILL buy into that crap...mainstream rap is such a tired, talentless gerne these days.

Its been years since actual lyrically talented rappers have ruled the rap mainstream. (Notorious BIG, Tupac, Bone Thugs, Snoop Dogg's older material, etc.)
    reps

great response

Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mark142 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think the only reason why rap is more popular than rock in the younger crowd is because most rock fans also like to spin atleast a couple of hip hop tunes once in a while..most rap fans (that I know) can't stand ANY rock music whatsoever.
    You don't understand, I have e-surance

Registered User breakinginflame's Avatar
    breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    most all people that listen to rap dont have a clue about music
    they just hear a catchy beat w/ some words over them and like them
    coincidentally, i started to dislike rap when i started playing guitar and when i started to think about the lyrics
    rap really is extremly repetitive, except for a select few artists who write things with meaning
    just think about all the rap songs you hear, almost all deal with the same things and differ by giving them different names
    and if you listen to most rap it takes the beat from old songs, honestly where is the creativity in that?
    the sad thing is, the majority of people have no concept of musicianship or lyrical depth, thus rap will remain in the spotlight
    but guys cant really complain, a lot of girls buy into the largly sexist and derogatory messages in the music, making this generation of women pretty easy...

head up back straight gawdawful's Avatar
    gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50) gawdawful will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ummm, i hear a lot of mainstream rock on the radio with stupid ass lyrics too!

for the record, my cd collection is 75% hip hop 25% other ****
    "They're not going to put cameras on street corners. They're going to give you Twitter & cameras on your phone. Who's going to police the people? The people are! They figured it out. They're going to give you toys to play with & they're going to play with their f**king toys & they're going to get so deep-rooted into our culture that you're not going to be able to live without it." ~ DJ Muggs

Location: http://russmartin.info/au dio/mp3/vault/iamdallas.wma
    ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "little" kids, young teenagers, are intimidated by rock. you go to a metal concert, and the people are going to be MUCH more intimidating than at an eminem 50 cent concert, where most of the people are going to be young teenagers like themselves.

you're not gonna see a bunch of little kids in a pit for motor head, BLS, or even lamb of god, but you go onto the floor of an eminem concert....
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrGhqMnPVXk

damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) damn y_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    rock is in a rut,few amzaing artists & wah tpassea as modern rock is gowdawful.
    the bar is so low for what's considered credible rap, any cookie cutter rapper with teenybopper NSYNC type production who throws in mother****er,ice, booty, roll, Bentley, jacuzzi, into his flow is the flavor of the moment, ya'know the real-ist. rap & hip-hop have become an embarassment, hard to believe i absolutely loved it and was a little guido wigger from 8th to 12th grade.

Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50) Matt P will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The Bassist

Couldn't of said it any better, reps.

Registered User breakinginflame's Avatar
    breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) breakinginflame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gawdawful
    ummm, i hear a lot of mainstream rock on the radio with stupid ass lyrics too!
    true, but at least they PLAY instruments

thats one reason i moved on to metal, better musicians and (mostly) better lyrics

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just dont get what "deep" and "ground breaking" thinks that rock talks about....its all the same. I love you, I hate you, life sucks.....EVERY music genere is repetitive.....
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Location: http://russmartin.info/au dio/mp3/vault/iamdallas.wma
    ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    I just dont get what "deep" and "ground breaking" thinks that rock talks about....its all the same. I love you, I hate you, life sucks.....EVERY music genere is repetitive.....
    what kind of rock have you been listening to?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrGhqMnPVXk

Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this isnt meant to be offensive to anyone, but black culture is the popular thing right now...if your black...your popular. I come from a white town, and you should see the few black peopel here at the local high school, everyone loves em! They ''set the standard'' for whats cool and whats not. hip hop has incorporated itself into every facet of society. Go watch CNN and in between the news stories like when they transition, they will be playin the background from a rap song. Customs wheels are EVERYWHERE now. I see white 35 year old suburban moms with 22s on thier Cadillac Escalades. So many commercials now have hip hop influnce. Its a fad and will fade away from the mainstream, just like disco did. Anyone have any opinions on what the next big thing will be?

n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100) n0ctune is not very well liked. (-100)
    mtv.
    metallica forever
    " if you aim for the moon, you will surely hit the sky - but why aim for the moon, when you can aim for the stars? "

*ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *ShaGGs* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ifyour555im666
    what kind of rock have you been listening to?
    people that love hip hop will say the exact same thing to you people when you say its all rapping about the same thing. Rock is so generic is insane, every song is almost identical, i havnt seen an amazing rock group in a long ass time.

To people saying 'well atleast rock bands play instruments', so do the rap groups, the beat just doesnt appear out of no where, and in rock it isnt the ONE person playing all the instruments, its a whole bunch of people, just like rap.

Underground rap is my favourite style of music, its so much different than the mainstream stuff thats out today. I assume its the same with rock, but when you say 'wow rap is always about the same thing' its stupid considering mainstream rock is the exact same way. Get over yourselves.

Originally Posted by Pak Man
    this isnt meant to be offensive to anyone, but black culture is the popular thing right now...if your black...your popular. I come from a white town, and you should see the few black peopel here at the local high school, everyone loves em! They ''set the standard'' for whats cool and whats not. hip hop has incorporated itself into every facet of society. Go watch CNN and in between the news stories like when they transition, they will be playin the background from a rap song. Customs wheels are EVERYWHERE now. I see white 35 year old suburban moms with 22s on thier Cadillac Escalades. So many commercials now have hip hop influnce. Its a fad and will fade away from the mainstream, just like disco did. Anyone have any opinions on what the next big thing will be?
    raps been around for hundreds of years, its just gotten into the mainstream and been modified from its old style (songs used to last for hours). Its not a fad stop the ignorance and learn about the form of music you people hate so much.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rap right now is ****...thanks to the inudated industry. Rock is OK right now.

You people need to listen to other genres of music, quit making false assumption of music you have barely even tried to go into some depth into, and quit making these ****ing rap vs rock threads.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sword_
    Rap right now is ****...thanks to the inudated industry. Rock is OK right now.

You people need to listen to other genres of music, quit making false assumption of music you have barely even tried to go into some depth into, and quit making these ****ing rap vs rock threads.
    I like trivium at the moment, at least they can PLAY their guitars well.
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinkfairy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by ifyour555im666
    "little" kids, young teenagers, are intimidated by rock. you go to a metal concert, and the people are going to be MUCH more intimidating than at an eminem 50 cent concert, where most of the people are going to be young teenagers like themselves.

you're not gonna see a bunch of little kids in a pit for motor head, BLS, or even lamb of god, but you go onto the floor of an eminem concert....
    My eight year old loves Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Metallica, Megadeth.. hell, if it's rock, she'll listen to it! She loves Ozzy too, especially the stuff he did with Black Sabbath. She was begging me the other day to let her go to a Foo Fighters concert but I had to say no...

Mind you, she'll listen to anything, as will I. If I like it, I'll listen to it, regardless of what "genre" it is.
    BEFORE: 235 pounds, 39.4% bodyfat.
    CURRENT: 149 pounds, 23.0% bodyfat.
    TARGET: 140 pounds, 18% bodyfat.

It's a long hard road, but well worth the journey. :)

"If I go crazy, then will you still call me Superman?
    If I'm alive then well will you be there holdin' my hand
    I'll keep you by my side with my superhuman might.
    Kryptonite."
    Thanks HR, love ya hun. ;)

My online Journal:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=596483[/url]

BB.com Platinum Veteran Gettin_big's Avatar
    Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000) Gettin_big is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by *ShaGGs*
    people that love hip hop will say the exact same thing to you people when you say its all rapping about the same thing. Rock is so generic is insane, every song is almost identical, i havnt seen an amazing rock group in a long ass time.

To people saying 'well atleast rock bands play instruments', so do the rap groups, the beat just doesnt appear out of no where, and in rock it isnt the ONE person playing all the instruments, its a whole bunch of people, just like rap.

Underground rap is my favourite style of music, its so much different than the mainstream stuff thats out today. I assume its the same with rock, but when you say 'wow rap is always about the same thing' its stupid considering mainstream rock is the exact same way. Get over yourselves.
    B-U-mutha****in'-M-P!

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

hmmm....

Originally Posted by Mark142
    I think the only reason why rap is more popular than rock in the younger crowd is because most rock fans also like to spin atleast a couple of hip hop tunes once in a while..most rap fans (that I know) can't stand ANY rock music whatsoever.
    i cant stand damn rap its terrible i must say maybe back back back way in the day when it had feeling but at least rock and metal u have to have a real skill to play those notes its damned hard...People are too weak to hold up for the true bringing of real music making ROCK
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783