Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ifyour555im666
    what kind of rock have you been listening to?
    Post some clever, skillful, difficult, groundbreaking or deep rock lyrics....thanks.....
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Location: http://russmartin.info/au dio/mp3/vault/iamdallas.wma
    ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pinkfairy
    My eight year old loves Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Metallica, Megadeth.. hell, if it's rock, she'll listen to it! She loves Ozzy too, especially the stuff he did with Black Sabbath. She was begging me the other day to let her go to a Foo Fighters concert but I had to say no...
    yea, my 7 year old sister likes chimaira. she wanted to go to SOTU and now wants to go to ozzfest. but if she actually got there, the people with all the tatoos and mohawks would terrify her. young teenagers are old enought to know the people that go there, and are scared
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrGhqMnPVXk

Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A lot of my friends who used to listen to mostly rap are kind of souring on it. Granted, it might be related to getting older, but I fel like it's a general trend. If anything, rap is killing itself. There's great rappers out there, but none of them are popular, whereas at least a few of the top rocks acts actually deserve the their fame.
    "Cruelty has a human heart, every man does play his part." -Iron Maiden, "Paschendale"

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

"but why make a topic to see other people get mad? answer that question. is this your life that you stay on the computer for hours and make a topic to see other people get mad. then if you do then u have no life. move out of your parents hose and read a book called noob"

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking hmmm....

ur completely right cool bro
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rap used to be popular because it was more "real" than mainstream rock. But since rap has gone mainstream, it's no longer "real."

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pak Man
    this isnt meant to be offensive to anyone, but black culture is the popular thing right now...if your black...your popular. I come from a white town, and you should see the few black peopel here at the local high school, everyone loves em! They ''set the standard'' for whats cool and whats not. hip hop has incorporated itself into every facet of society. Go watch CNN and in between the news stories like when they transition, they will be playin the background from a rap song. Customs wheels are EVERYWHERE now. I see white 35 year old suburban moms with 22s on thier Cadillac Escalades. So many commercials now have hip hop influnce. Its a fad and will fade away from the mainstream, just like disco did. Anyone have any opinions on what the next big thing will be?
    This is true. I just saw a commercial last night where these two asain guys were in a store, dressed up like they were black, and buying one of those stereotyped black liqours, when this black guy walks in and grabs some Heinie and looks at them funny. In the next scene they are at the counter buying Heineken instead.

The great irony of the commerical of course, is that it's target audience is definately young white people.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PennState has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is good rock
    there is bad rock

there is good rap
    there is bad rap

listen to the good, weed out the bad. I listen to almost every genre, you just need to pick out the good stuff.
    Tupac, smashing pumpkins

not
    nickleback, eminem.
    "There are no OFF days, just days you don't go to the gym."

Carb-Up does NOT mean Binge and Cheat!

Long Term Goal:
    225 lbs
    <10% BF

ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ifyour555im666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    Post some clever, skillful, difficult, groundbreaking or deep rock lyrics....thanks.....
    good rock music tells a story. i'll post more in different posts so i don't have one HUGE post. here's some: DevilDriver "I Dreamed I Died"

I dreamed I died, ended up at the gates of Heaven
    Greeted by a man, Saint someone. Said "how's the ride son?"
    "It's been alright, at times a little rough, why am I here?"
    "You did alright, lived a little dark and that's alright,
    'Cause we made the darkside, and the rightside is to have no fear, no fear."

My whole life flashed in front of me
    I saw everything that I was, and what I had done.
    Even let me look back on some good times for a little fun,
    Yes, a little fun.
    And then I heard "Damn boy you done good.
    Did the every little thing that you could"
    And then I heard "Damn boy you done good.
    Damn good."

When you hear the call, bury them all.
    Destroy all or nothing.
    When I hear the call, I will bury them all.
    I will destory all or nothing.
    When the sky opened up and the clouds parted clear
    There wasn't any doubt to why I was here.
    And I knew I'd done a good job, the best job that I could do.
    So, now it was time to move on, to get on, to get back
    To the question of why I was here, and what I had learned, no fear.

good rock teaches a lesson: DevilDriver "What Does It Take To Be A Man?"

On a day, today, there's no way most men make it through.
    Family tied to me, I'm doing just what I got to do.
    All a man's got is his word and to keep himself free.
    Do with your life what you will, stay away from my family!
    Born blue collar been working since I was thirteen.
    My father was up at five and broke his back to keep us clean.
    My mother sweated and slaved and suffered for the family.
    So when you push me don't think that I won't shove!
    I got to tell you now!

What does it take to be a man, what does it take!?!

On a day, today, there's no way most men make it through
    Family tied to me, I'm doing just what I got to do.
    When I was a young man I was told to take a stand,
    And damn it boy, you better stick to a plan!
    So on a day, today you better walk a man's path.
    Learn-
    how to walk a man's mile, get that game face smile.
    Don't put up with people who get in your way.
    And when you push don't think that I won't shove
    I got to tell you now

What does it take to be a man, what does it take!?!

Work!!!

- What does it
    take to be a man, what does it take!?!
    Last edited by ifyour555im666; 08-20-2005 at 12:39 PM.

DevilDriver "Impending Disaster" i'm just posting their songs cuz i happen to be listening to them at this time

There’s dirt on my shoes and there mud on his back
    He’s been chasing his nightmares for days.
    I’m running with evil, its impending disasterk
    I’ve finally steered clear of his way.

I see it staring you down.
    I feel it wrapping around.
    ****s taking you down so quick!
    I see it staring you down.
    I feel it wrapping around.
    ****s taking you down so quick.

Why can’t I help my friend when he won’t even help himself?!

I can’t yell at you because
    I’ve yelled at myself so many times.
    Hard times, hard times,
    Goddamn we’re two of a kind!

I can’t yell at you because
    I’ve yelled at myself so many times!
    Who now is to blame,
    When karma keeps coming around??

Hard times and troubles we all live in peril.
    Its difficult, full of dismay.
    He buries his feelings, he shrouds his light
    With oh so many evil thoughts.

It’s the dirt on my shoes
    It’s mud on our back
    That makes us one in the same.

big DK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please... no more DevilDriver... they're horrible.

Anyway, onto the discussion. Theres no real way you can determine which music is better. Any genre of rock,metal,country,blues,rap,etc, etc is almost identical lyrically and musically. There are a few bands or groups out there who stand away from the rest and make original music, but how many are there? You say rap all sounds the same and rap artists rap about the same thing? I agree. But so does rock or metal. I totally hate rap, but i can admit that metal is the same way. Wouldnt it be weird if rap all of a sudden started using real instruments? Some of the music that rap artists put out can't be done on instruments. So that whole argument is invalid. And the argument where its alot harder to play an instrument than rap. Well what about those who free style? I sure as hell cant free style, so they got me on that.
    I do however think that mainstream rap is an extremely bad influence on society. Jus think about how popular it is and what they talk about. I remember when i was arrested and had to go to a boot camp ordeal type bull****, I remember a kid about 17 years old who explained why he was there. He said that he's gonna live his life Nas lives his life and what he raps about b/c thats the direction he thinks he should go in. And that thats what got him in there. I know its jus one example but imagine how many other teens think that that is how real life is. And then take a look around at all the gang related crime and what not that is goin around in our country. That type of criminal activity is not related to any type of music but rap.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by big DK
    Please... no more DevilDriver... they're horrible.

Anyway, onto the discussion. Theres no real way you can determine which music is better. Any genre of rock,metal,country,blues,rap,etc, etc is almost identical lyrically and musically. There are a few bands or groups out there who stand away from the rest and make original music, but how many are there? You say rap all sounds the same and rap artists rap about the same thing? I agree. But so does rock or metal. I totally hate rap, but i can admit that metal is the same way. Wouldnt it be weird if rap all of a sudden started using real instruments? Some of the music that rap artists put out can't be done on instruments. So that whole argument is invalid. And the argument where its alot harder to play an instrument than rap. Well what about those who free style? I sure as hell cant free style, so they got me on that.
    I do however think that mainstream rap is an extremely bad influence on society. Jus think about how popular it is and what they talk about. I remember when i was arrested and had to go to a boot camp ordeal type bull****, I remember a kid about 17 years old who explained why he was there. He said that he's gonna live his life Nas lives his life and what he raps about b/c thats the direction he thinks he should go in. And that thats what got him in there. I know its jus one example but imagine how many other teens think that that is how real life is. And then take a look around at all the gang related crime and what not that is goin around in our country. That type of criminal activity is not related to any type of music but rap.
    I was with you until the second paragraph.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

u know ppl

ppl r stupid if they going to do what music says it idiotic rap is bout bein a playa shootin those who dont like u and gettin rich illegally if needs be, metal or death *** which is awesome for intense training which i use that energy for is about killing licking the wounds hating god if there is one and al lthat stuff but ppl take stuff too seriously i reckon ppl must relax have a few like white bloods check the veins bro just chill **** i hate society
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

Originally Posted by Dallas68
    ppl r stupid if they going to do what music says it idiotic rap is bout bein a playa shootin those who dont like u and gettin rich illegally if needs be, metal or death *** which is awesome for intense training which i use that energy for is about killing licking the wounds hating god if there is one and al lthat stuff but ppl take stuff too seriously i reckon ppl must relax have a few like white bloods check the veins bro just chill **** i hate society

I was with you until the second paragraph.

You have to admit, alot of the crime you see goin on around this world is jus like what you hear in some rap songs and music videos.

apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ifyour555im666
    good rock music tells a story.
    yeah thats so unique to rock music only

apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10) apoch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by The Bassist
    thats because its the latest 'trend' in pop music. If you went into a club 30 years ago theyd be playing disco or funk.

I predict eventually mainstream rap will burn out and die. Hopefully soon. There is only so long that you can rap about expensive cars, hoes, money, etc. Its pathetic that people STILL buy into that crap...mainstream rap is such a tired, talentless gerne these days.

Its been years since actual lyrically talented rappers have ruled the rap mainstream. (Notorious BIG, Tupac, Bone Thugs, Snoop Dogg's older material, etc.)
    well, Nas is still...ah **** it

It's an ostrich face (o)./^\.(o)'s Avatar
    (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dallas68
    ???

BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500) BangBangSkeet is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by apoch
    well, Nas is still...ah **** it
    Nas is still what.....slept on? But seriously Nas was never really that big, a lot of people bought his albums, but he was never on top.

Originally Posted by apoch
    yeah thats so unique to rock music only
    oh, i don't remember saying that it was unique to rock....
    good rock DOES tell a story. "good" rap tells a story also. just like good country and everything other type of "good" music. am i wrong?? what are you saying?

Idicious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Emperor - With strength I burn

Deep Green Dark Chaos.
    Blinded I run down these paths.
    By heart I know them.
    They lead to the soaring cliffs.
    Stout they stand above the water's edge,
    lifeless.

And this is my foundation:
    Cold stone.
    Formed only by winds and time.
    How invulnerable,
    lifeless.

Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
    Yet, the waters call my name

For once I wish to see
    the entity behind the voice.
    The face of this seduction,
    the beauty of my pain.

Am I blessed or am I cursed by thy presence?
    What is my crime, what is my deed?
    Is this life my redemption?
    Shall I repent or proceed?

I hate my flesh.
    Its dimension poisoned my soul with doubt.
    It made me question
    the essence of the "I".
    Slaves are those of this world
    given freedom to lay chains upon The Master.
    Master, master.

The wolf is no longer free.
    Release the chains and come for me.

[The Elder:]
    "Suddenly, his mournful cries were stunned. Out of the cold mist
    came three enthralling ships. Sails torn by many a storm, and the
    bows adorned by the most fierce gargoyles he'd ever laid eyes upon.
    Yet, the crew they bore... Three times twelve in numbers. They stood
    motionless, wrapped in grey, worn gowns. And from behind their
    shadowed faces the seductive chanting. Bidding him on board.
    Without besitation, he accepted. And away they sailed..."

Upon these seas,
    wherein I drowned so many times,
    I scatter the ashes of destiny.
    Still my flames are in hunger.
    With fire in my heart
    shall I greet the shores ahead.
    Though, I know not what will burn.

Desire...
    Ahh...
    In the distance
    I hear the waves wash over solid ground.
    And in this moment I am struck blind.

Grant me sight so I can see
    that which lies ahead of me.
    Cursed be my mortal eyes
    for dying in the realm of Death.

Hear my call...

I return to the soaring cliffs.
    They truly shine of strength.
    Even though, I nothing learned.
    With strength I burn...

goddamn i love that song so much.

Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sticky fingers
    because people are stupid

(there was a thread on this a few weeks ago) white suburban kids are more attracted to rap than rock

rock music has seen better days.......
    rap is getting more mainstream and its become almost a culture within itself

because of the music videos of cars, money and women

rappers main goal is to make money- if they're sucessful, rap will get more sucessful
    Takes less talent to 'make it big' in the rap industry.

Most of the 'rock' (besides rock is a pretty broad description of the genre) talent ODs/suicide or doesn't sell out to MTV.

Rap is still sort of new, and really big in the club scene. Though the genre is getting crappier by the moment, 90's rap was so much superior.
    When you hesitate, you act as if you are immortal

bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anything by Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Pogues, Leonard Cohen, Billy Brag, Joe Strummer, would blow apart most rap to little eensy, piddly poop bits. But then again these guys you will never hear on MTV or on any popular radio. So, by that definition, artists such as these will never gain any credibility through typical well-worn sheep-tread roads by the rank and thousands that make up your popular and boring acceptable music scene.

So rest easy, hip-hop is here to stay, mofo. It is the new Led Zepplin.
    "If there's a barrier up
    I'm pushing through it
    A door slammed in my face
    I'm kicking through it" --Sick of it All

"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands,
    hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats."
    --H.L. Mencken

Non illegitimi te carborundum!

bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bostonbootgirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So you want good rock lyrics....

I swang out wide with her
    On hells iron gate
    Anything that you wanted
    You could have
    My eyes say their prayers to her
    Sailors ring her bell
    Like a moth mistakes a light bulb
    For the moon and goes to hell
    --Tom Waits, Black Market Baby

And my piano crouched in the corner of my room
    With all its teeth bared
    --Nick Cave, Hallelujah

I thought I'd take a walk today
    It's a mistake I sometimes make
    My children lay asleep in bed
    My wife lay wide-awake
    I kissed her softly on the brow
    I tried not to make a sound
    But with stony eyes she looked at me
    And gently squeezed my hand
    Call it a premonition, call it a crazy vision
    Call it intuition, something learned from mother
    But when she looked up at me, I could clearly see
    The Sword of Damocles hanging directly above her
    Oh Lord Oh my Lord
    Oh Lord
    How have I offended thee?
    Wrap your tender arms around me
    Oh Lord Oh Lord
    Oh My Lord
    --Nick Cave, Oh My Lord

One night billy had a rare old time,
    Laughing and singing on the lebanon line
    Came back to camp not looking too pretty
    Never even got to see the holy city
    Now billy’s out there in the desert sun
    And his mother cries when the morning comes
    And there’s mothers crying all over this world
    For their poor dead darling boys and girls--
    Hey billy son where are you now
    Don’t you know that we need you now
    With a ra-ta-ta and the old kow-tow
    Where are billy’s bones resting now
    --The Pogues, Billy's Bones

I walked into this empty church I had no place else to go
    When the sweetest voice I ever heard, whispered to my soul
    I don't need to be forgiven for loving you so much
    It's written in the scriptures
    It's written there in blood
    I even heard the angels declare it from above
    There ain't no cure,
    There ain't no cure,
    There ain't no cure for love
    --Ain't No Cure For Love, Leonared Cohen

Sorry, no gangsta lyrics, no tough guy anthems. If I want tough guy anthems. it's hardcore punk all the way, hip-hop is a joke compared. I don't mean to rip on good hip-hop, there is plenty good out there....but there is so much more and always will be from the punk and freak scene you never hear about. The most amazing music comes from the fringes, whether it be punk or hip-hop.

BTW... for those into hip-hop or reggea please listen to Bad Brains. What an amazing ground breaking band they were for all colors of people.
    "If there's a barrier up
    I'm pushing through it

--H.L. Mencken

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If rock is so bad, why do rappers take rock beats?

-David Bowie - Under Pressure
    -Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
    -The Police - Every Breath You Take
    -The Doors - Riders on the Storm
    -Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks
    -Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
    -Aerosmith - Walk This Way
    -Foreigner - Cold As Ice
    -Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen
    -Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
    -AC/DC - Back In Black
    -AC/DC - Hell's Bells
    -Aerosmith - Dream On

I know somebody covered some Beatles songs. Rap takes a lot of old R&B and Funk songs too. I just don't know why they can't come up with their own beats.

Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pak Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by *ShaGGs*
    raps been around for hundreds of years, its just gotten into the mainstream and been modified from its old style (songs used to last for hours). Its not a fad stop the ignorance and learn about the form of music you people hate so much.
    bro im sayin that this mainstream rap with the 22 inch rims and all the ice and this BS is a fad, and will eventually fade away. Rap will always be around in my opinion, but this mainstream rap and hip hop that all these 14 year old white suburban kids are embracing, thats not real rap, thats a watered down commericalized version of it. Belive me man, im not biased towards rap, look at my age, im 20 years old, i grew up on rap and hip hop, its my first love as far as music goes, but its totally gone to crap.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by *ShaGGs*
    raps been around for hundreds of years, its just gotten into the mainstream and been modified from its old style (songs used to last for hours). Its not a fad stop the ignorance and learn about the form of music you people hate so much.
    No it hasn't. Rap derived from Reggae, Rythem and Blues, Jazz . Rap is a new genre it has not been around for hundreds of years. Telling a story with a musical backing has, but I'd hardly call that "rap"

It's an ostrich face (o)./^\.(o)'s Avatar
    (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000) (o)./^\.(o) is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Morbid_Mind
    No it hasn't. Rap derived from Reggae, Rythem and Blues, Jazz . Rap is a new genre it has not been around for hundreds of years. Telling a story with a musical backing has, but I'd hardly call that "rap"
    It originated in Africa where griots (sp?) traveled and recited poems and played music.

Originally Posted by Pak Man
    this isnt meant to be offensive to anyone, but black culture is the popular thing right now...if your black...your popular. I come from a white town, and you should see the few black peopel here at the local high school, everyone loves em! They ''set the standard'' for whats cool and whats not. hip hop has incorporated itself into every facet of society. Go watch CNN and in between the news stories like when they transition, they will be playin the background from a rap song. Customs wheels are EVERYWHERE now. I see white 35 year old suburban moms with 22s on thier Cadillac Escalades. So many commercials now have hip hop influnce. Its a fad and will fade away from the mainstream, just like disco did. Anyone have any opinions on what the next big thing will be?
    Sorry bud, don't mean to bust the bubble, but this was the EXACT thing going on when I was growing up early-mid 80's. And that's been going on since God-Knows-When, and it always will, thanks to black folk and their culture, since we even HAD culture.

It's not offensive. Black folk will ALWAYS be influential in our (that means us, crackers) lives. Since the 1920's and younger, jazz and slave rythymes have changed the entire face of American music, be it blues, rock, jazz, soul, funk, punk, you name it. Any good music OWES itself to black American music. You think we could come up with this stuff??????

I know you didn't mean to offend anyone, so please don't take my diatribe as some sort of over-the-edge defense. I'm just sharing what I've seen.
    "If there's a barrier up
    I'm pushing through it

--H.L. Mencken