LeFever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tightening Loose Skin

My friend made a complete transformation of his body & is now down to a ripped 10%. His only problem is that the skin on his stomach has not tightened up enough to show his 6 pack. He does weighted sit ups, does cardio, eats a verrry clean diet, but still has no luck tightening it up.

I will be in his position within the next year, & I'm wondering if there is anything he can do to help tighten up his loose skin?

LeFeve

luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im pretty sure if you lose it slowly you shouldnt have too much of a problem with loose skin. Of course all people naturally have there problem area's. Perhaps he ca also try increasing muscle size in the given area to fill the skin out some?

Yeah, he has been doing that, & quite frankly he has big abs. He has been bodybuilding for about 4 years now & the skin on his stomach just won't tighten up.

If I continue to lose about 2-3lbs a week, will I have such problems?

Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aftershock9958 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Part of it is that you need to keep your muscle structure. Loose skin most commonly occurs when you drop too much muscle mass in addition to all the body fat.
    My body can't tell me how much weight I can lift. I just pick it up and lift it. I'm tired of my body telling me what I can and can't do. It's time to take control.

luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10) luckyclover is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well im no expert but i believe the general consensus is to try to loss .5-1 a week. If you lose more then that for long periods of time, you might be losing too much muscle mass. Regardless if you have stretch marks or loose or tight skin i would recommend palmers cocoa butter lotions, it works wonders in making your skin smooth and pretty.

He might just need to lose a little bit more bf to make his abs show.

I talked to my mom about her getting rid of her loose skin & stretchmarks from pregnancy, & she said that her doctor recommended eat liver. That seems to be the popular general concensus. Is there some type of vitamin or something in liver that makes it possible???

Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion? Sounds good. lol It's always worth a try, at least it might get rid of my stretch marks.

It is very possible that he might need to lose more body fat. He gained 20lbs of muscle in the last month (Insane, yes, we got his bf tested), & was at 12% body fat. He is cutting one more time to get his body fat down below the 10% mark. That could do the trick.

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Liver is very high in vitamin A. Retin-A which is commonly used for stretch marks, also for reducing wrinkles is a derivative of vitamin A. However, I can't see eating liver having an enormous effect on the skin.

Perhaps a Vitamin-A supplement in addition to building muscle, continued fat loss, & perhaps some creams would work?
    - LeFeve

"Seated rows before hoes!"
    "Shows 'em! Shows 'em se whole thing!" - Arnold, Pumping Iron

06/07 - 225lbs 30% Body Fat
    Max bench: 75lbs
    Felt like crap.
    11/07 - 200lbs 20% Body Fat
    Max bench: 200lbs
    Feel Great, & only getting better!

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's as simple as he still needs to lose more fat. Weigh everything with a digital scale, use carb cycling. If getting to single digit bodyfat was easy then everyone would have it.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Train817 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Train817 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mad_Mike View Post
    Liver is very high in vitamin A. Retin-A which is commonly used for stretch marks, also for reducing wrinkles is a derivative of vitamin A. However, I can't see eating liver having an enormous effect on the skin.
    Yes, and as far as I know Vitamin A doesn't tighten skin. It can change the composition however, for example Retin-A is topical tretinoin, and isotretinoin is essentially accutane. This does change the skin's composition, but you don't see the skin tightening as much as repairing and changing. Anyone can feel free to contradict me but I've never heard of Vitamin A for loose skin, my guess is the dryness of the skin in high doses of vitamin a (again Accutane) would actually inhibit a large quantity of loose skin to tighten due the the fact it would dry and not be as elastic. However I am no doctor, anyone can feel free to prove me wrong.

Originally Posted by DJohnson View Post
    It's as simple as he still needs to lose more fat. Weigh everything with a digital scale, use carb cycling. If getting to single digit bodyfat was easy then everyone would have it.
    That's possible, a pic might prove or disprove that. I've seen loads of people with loose skin and it aint pretty.

I would probably go to the doctor if this last cut doesn't pan out, who can refer you to a dermatologist if the problem is minor or curable. Unfortunately, with heavy amounts of loose skin you often see a referral to a plastic surgeon to consult regarding a procedure to remove it, which will likely leave scarring and cost a good amount. It's rough... definitely want to watch your weight loss and regulate it (as well as properly nutrition and supplement) to prevent that kind of problem.

Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stealth1097 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    loose skin is a pain in the butt, like mine for example i think prolly on my bodyspace. Its still hanging abit, I used to be about 190 2years ago. Finally down to 140, but, its improving from all the weights im doing. I need to bulk up now and just let it tighten. Make sure to lose slowly and u wont have huge issues. I really need to get some of that balm, could be handy.

Problem with liver is that it can contain many things you dont want to put in your body. Best to just stay away from it.

RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont know about loose skin but Cocoa Butter Lotion is perfect for stretchmarks. I have them really bad and i started using Cocoa butter about 3 weeks ago and they look much better.
    A tan would make them look even better but its getting cold and im too poor for the fake tan.
    Need some Motivation?
    https://www.********.com/Motivation.Inspiration

“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”

BodyGroups

█▬█ I Bring It █▬█

█▬▬▬▬▬█ Family Strong
    ✞웃웃웃웃웃✞

Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mad_Mike is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Retin-A does tighten the skin slightly when used for a long period (6 months +). It works by increasing the production of collagen and elastin. Its not going to give a huge effect though, and probably won't make a very noticeable dent on the loose skin. Keeping your skin moist has very little to do with elasticity. This is because moisturizers don't make it through the epidermis (top layer). The dermis is where the collagen & elastin are which are responsible for strength and elasticity. Drinking water is essential though.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Send him this link. It gives good info on loose skin. Not sure I believe it 100%, but I haven't had to put it into practice. Sounds logical, though.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava