Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

/Rant bodyfat %s

Does anybody else get pissed at when people just pull bf % #s out of their ass?

like here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=557300

****ing pros do not come in at 3%. ****ing pros are not 'off their game' if they come in at 5-6% bf, that's probably their realistic number

unless you've had a hydrostatic, muscle biopsy, or MRI density scan, you don't know DICK about your bf %, and the human eye knows DICK ALL about it as well.

/end rant.
    <->

Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow make a whole thread to b(you know the rest)

but i fill the same way really

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Judge N
    but i fill the same way really
    feel, not fill
    <->

Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree. I love it when people come on here and talk about their favorite athlete with 2% body fat.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ

****ing pros do not come in at 3%. ****ing pros are not 'off their game' if they come in at 5-6% bf, that's probably their realistic number

unless you've had a hydrostatic, muscle biopsy, or MRI density scan, you don't know DICK about your bf %, and the human eye knows DICK ALL about it as well.

/end rant.
    I take it you're not a fan of calipers for bodyfat testing, heh?

Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Judge N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    feel, not fill
    LOL the one time i type fast and dont check my writin,somebody picks up on it.......................damn

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most people ASSume that if you are striated and look hard that your bf is low. Bodyfat percentage is overated anyway either you are ****in ripped or not.
    Cha Cha Cha

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by $AJ

/end rant.
    I agree.

Although my bf is at a good level right now, 10% I rather have a higher bodyfat anyday then be a scrawny kid at 6%. Think about it; anyone can get a six pack with a low bodyfat, but not everyone can get 18"+ arms. (not saying arms are everything)
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aqua-beowulf
    I take it you're not a fan of calipers for bodyfat testing, heh?
    I can't speak for him, but I've had calipers say lots of funny things. In May I had my bf% tested. I estimated before hand that I would be between 16% and 18% and hydrostatic weighing put me at 17.34%. But what do the calipers say? 9.something percent. Right...

Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ian Charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alot of people on this site are worried about what it looks like your body fat % is rather than what it ACTUALLY IS!!!!
    There's only one thing I hate more than working out: being skinny.

dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dsoul27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL the one time i type fast and dont check my writin,somebody picks up on it.......................damn
    did you mean WRITING...

lol... just messing with you bro
    Post clever signature here.....

anybody with 50+ reps feel free to give me one....

BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    AJ....AJ! Look at me. NO!
    Jiznournal:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6354726#post6354726[/url]

Hell of a movie:
    [url]http://www.grouchymedia.com/other_videos/infantry/download.cfm[/url]

"That's a life you can hang your hat on."

Originally Posted by BRADP3
    AJ....AJ! Look at me. NO!
    hi
    <->

Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BodySculpting
    I agree.

Although my bf is at a good level right now, 10% I rather have a higher bodyfat anyday then be a scrawny kid at 6%. Think about it; anyone can get a six pack with a low bodyfat, but not everyone can get 18"+ arms. (not saying arms are everything)
    uhhhhh, if you just got fat until you're like 400 pounds with 50%+ body fat, you would get 18+ inch arms. it's easy to have a six pack if you're skinny yes, and it's also easy to have huge arms if you're a huge fat slob. you act as if fat only stores on the abdomen.
    hail murder. **** you.

Originally Posted by Fetus Soccer
    uhhhhh, if you just got fat until you're like 400 pounds with 50%+ body fat, you would get 18+ inch arms. it's easy to have a six pack if you're skinny yes, and it's also easy to have huge arms if you're a huge fat slob. you act as if fat only stores on the abdomen.
    i'm so jelous of those super at peopel with 22'' arms....i want 22'' arms too
    <->

Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000) Cell-Tech is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up thanks aj

Originally Posted by $AJ

That made me laugh

"Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

Think about what you want in life. Then ask yourself what you're doing to achieve it.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I agree.

I can relate to that. When I started I had great abs on display. I also had ribs, shoulder blades, collarbone, and many other fine parts of the skeleton quite visible. 6'1", 150lbs. Hated it.

I went through a phase during training where I was curious about bf% but since I'm not competing or anything, these days I don't bother with measuring it. 10%, 12%... means nothing now, I just go by appearance. Either it looks okay or it doesn't and I'm experienced enough to make the call. If it became a problem I'd change something through diet and exercise. Thankfully I've been slowly gaining muscle without bf% fluctuating much at all. I could probably gain even faster if I went through a massive bulking process like the pros do but I don't think it's healthy.

paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well since not all of us have access to an MRI density scan we have to use calipers to at least give us some indication of where our bf is at. It's the only thing I can do to see if my diet is on the right track. If my bf% goes up then I know I'm doing something wrong. If my bf% lowers at the same time my weight increases then I know I am doing something right.
    ---------------------------------------
    Paul V

Misc Holy Spirit Crew
    Misc Epilepsy Crew
    Misc Dallas Crew
    Misc Over 40 crew
    *Old Misc Crew*

Originally Posted by paul_v
    Well since not all of us have access to an MRI density scan we have to use calipers to at least give us some indication of where our bf is at. It's the only thing I can do to see if my diet is on the right track. If my bf% goes up then I know I'm doing something wrong. If my bf% lowers at the same time my weight increases then I know I am doing something right.
    not really, since most know dick all about how to use them, so they get different measurements.

plus it's pointless to measure since it will flucuate and you'll never hit the exact same spot.

it's kind of like measuring - it's pointless after a while because i can sit there and get a variety of like arm measurements - 19'', 18.7, 19, 18.5....well, i don't think my arm shrunk in the last few seconds, it's just i used a different angle/position/etc.....
    <->

you like the term "dick all" alot don't cha $AJ

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you like the term "dick all" alot don't cha $AJ
    SHHH he is in the middle of his DICKtation. lol
    Cha Cha Cha

pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    not really, since most know dick all about how to use them, so they get different measurements.

plus it's pointless to measure since it will flucuate and you'll never hit the exact same spot.

it's kind of like measuring - it's pointless after a while because i can sit there and get a variety of like arm measurements - 19'', 18.7, 19, 18.5....well, i don't think my arm shrunk in the last few seconds, it's just i used a different angle/position/etc.....
    Your suppose to take 10 measurements than take the average its pretty accurate. 19, 18.5, 18.3, 17, 17.5, 18.5, 18.2, 18.1, 17.9, 18.4 = 18.14

paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ

I'm not the one measuring the calipers. The trainer at my gym takes two measurements at each measuring point and averages them. Maybe I should have him take three.
    ---------------------------------------
    Paul V

Misc Holy Spirit Crew
    Misc Epilepsy Crew
    Misc Dallas Crew
    Misc Over 40 crew
    *Old Misc Crew*

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ

/end rant.
    Not really. But it does piss me off when people start threads like this.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fetus Soccer
    I didn't mean it that way. If you are 8% bodyfat, and are afraid to reach 12-13% because you like your "abs" , then you are probably refusing to eat enough to get big arms. You get big by eating and all I was saying is that I rather have a HIGHER body fat percentage then have it in the single digits and be scrawny.

Obviously I also hate those people who post, "I gained 30 pounds in three months!" and its all fat!

Originally Posted by $AJ

/end rant.
    Now that I re-read this post. I disagree. What are you saying, bodyfat cannot be measured?

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Now that I re-read this post. I disagree. What are you saying, bodyfat cannot be measured?
    He's saying that calipers aren't accurate, and neither is just guessing by what a person looks like.
    I don't know either lol

Originally Posted by spirit3530
    Most people ASSume that if you are striated and look hard that your bf is low.
    wtf are they suppose to assume?

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ

/end rant.
    I agree the caliper testing method is bullsh*t. Even in our exercise physiology classes the damn textbooks said even with an experienced tester the results can be 1-7% off!!!! And most average trainers aren't experienced testers.I get mine done every six months at bowling green state university (where I got my bachelors) anyway I do the underwater weighing (hydrostatic method) there.

Just an example I did it a month ago two people did the calipers on me, one got 11% the other got 22% bf. my actual was like 13.62% I believe

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    He's saying that calipers aren't accurate, and neither is just guessing by what a person looks like.

exactly, like I said even in textbooks it says experienced testers cannot be that accurate with the calipers. Sometimes yes. Hell I remember in high school I was probably a legit 6% bf and a caliper had me at 2% bf. It's just to hard to get an accurate measurement. But see then you have ignorant kids like I used to be saying "dude I am like better than a pro bber because this trainer guy did my fat and I have 2% bodyfat, dude, I OWNED the pro's"

also if you guys are at a college campus they will often to the underwater weighing for free or dirt dirt cheap and that is the most accurate thing next to a biopsy.