gotta_squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dextrose or oatmeal post workout?

Right now i take dextrose post workout, is oatmeal better?

kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100) kliplemet is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't think so, since oatmeal is more slowly digested. I like the 'window' theory(you know, that nutrients are better absorbed immediatly following a workout)

Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This has been debated hundreds of times with no consensus being reached. Just try low- and high-GI carb sources and various combinations thereof and see what works best for you.

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive been bracketing my workouts for years with high GI carbs...recently I switched to low before and sticking to high after...will see how that goes...all I know is that after I workout, I definitly dont wanna eat oats....
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cynical_Simian
    This has been debated hundreds of times with no consensus being reached. Just try low- and high-GI carb sources and various combinations thereof and see what works best for you.
    yea, please someone close this thread before it gets out of hand with the low-GIers fighting with the high-GIers(lol).

bottome line is that you should try both and find what works best for you to reach your goals. NUFF SAID!
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone here use straight Maltodextrin? If so, what have been your results?

PWO = Weed + Wheyshake :) Dutch_Pride's Avatar
    Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how about 50g dex and 1/2-2/3cups oatmeal in ur PWO shake its always a good idea to have a mix of both fast and mid/slow digesting carbs right after a workout either make ur shake look like this:

50g dex
    2 scopps whey (between 40-50g of whey protien)
    1/2-2/3 c oats (depending on ur caloric totals i.e. bulking or cutting)

OR

50g dex
    2 scoops whey
    1/2cup maltodextrin (about 50g malt)

or if u really cant stand that sweet dex/malt combo use a banana isnted of dex.
    -Mind Over Body Together They Are One-

keep me goin, check out my daily training @:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6746257#post6746257[/url]

PWO = Weed + Wheyshake :) Dutch_Pride's Avatar
    Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch_Pride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like alot of these other guys have been saying everyones body is different but my shake recipeies r good place to start if u r new the BB'ing game
    -Mind Over Body Together They Are One-

keep me goin, check out my daily training @:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6746257#post6746257[/url]

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could just use both, you know. The dex will digest fast anyway, so having a slow carb post work out with it would probably be very anabolic.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

I Powerlift-Forget BB'ing Big Boi 1906's Avatar
    Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big Boi 1906 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    yea, please someone close this thread before it gets out of hand with the low-GIers fighting with the high-GIers(lol).

bottome line is that you should try both and find what works best for you to reach your goals. NUFF SAID!

Dextrose bloats my stomach up

Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Big Boi 1906
    Dextrose bloats my stomach up
    Same here. I'll ask again, for anyone here, how is just using straight maltodextrin PWO in terms of results and short term side effects (bloating) in comparison to the Dextrose/Malto combo?

dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcw3672 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used straight Malto in the past for years (before I knew anything, which might not be a bad thing). I did 40 grams whey, 40 grams malto, 5 grams creatine, and 5 grams glutamine. I liked the results, but my main goal was not really to get huge. I always was able to put on some nice muscle and stay between 200-215 pounds. Never really got bloated and it seemed to digest pretty fast. I was usually able to have a meal 1 - 1.5 hours later.