Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aZn PEC-age has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lightbulb Testosterone Levels, Masturbation, and bodybuilding

First of all, I'd like to point out that this is a serious post. I am not a troll.
    We all know that testosterone is a hormone that can promote an anabolic environment in the body. It seems that higher levels of testosterone in the blood correlate to higher levels of hypertrophy (otherwise no one would take anabolic steroids). In addition increased levels of testosterone also appear to promote higher levels of libido (hence the marketing of test-boosting supplements such as tribulus as "performance" enhancers). As teen bodybuilders, our lifting regimens and nutrition/supplement plans cause us to have elevated levels of testosterone. As a result, we have the tendency to "beat off" more than the average teen (not that the average teen doesn't do this a lot). However, I have read that this act decreases the levels of free testosterone in circulation for a significant period of time. Obviously, decreased levels of free testosterone would result in a less anabolic environment. There must be a solution to this dilemna.
    The obvious answer would seem to be, "stop jacking off stupid!" However, I have heard that extended periods of this sort of "abstinence" can actually decrease your testosterone level. I posted this topic in the advanced teen forum for several reasons:
    1. Teen guys tend to relate to this problem.
    2. Worrying about the hormonal aspect of muscle growth is a somewhat advanced part of bodybuilding and should only be considered after solid training and nutrition plans are created.

I believe this topic could lead to a good discussion and would benefit all of us at these forums. The questions are: What is the optimal pattern of masturbation in order to maintain maximum testosterone levels? Does the difference in testosterone actually make a difference in terms of gains? Feel free to correct me if I have any misconceptions. I am thinking maybe a 2 times a week schedule. Please provide any input you have. It would seem that optimizing testosterone levels is a good way to promote gains.
    17 years
    200 lbs
    5' 11"
    Well, I am massive...

Here is a picture of me:

__________oO {} Oo_____________
    _______ (/) \[ ][ ]/ (\)____________
    _________(\) |88| (/)____________
    __[[[[[[[==0======0===]]]]]]]]___

addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm going to be honest with you
    bodybuilding is a lifestyle, but it shouldn't consume your life
    when your at the point when your debating how often to masterbate for the best results, it's consuming your life.
    beat off when your horny, if your not, don't. it really cannot make that much of a difference

mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Beating off does not in anyway decrease your test levels. This is a fact and is not debatable.

thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thephoenix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Surely your question also pertains to those of us who are having actual sex, not only for those who "beat off"?
    *When the man is confused with the legend, the myth is born*

Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000) Big_League is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love BBing and all, but there is no way I'm gonna stop having sex.

I've talked to a doctor over at bb4u (dif bbing forum) who said it doesn't affect gains at all, and I've read a few other FAQ type things saying it has no result, but there was a link not too long ago saying if you abstain from sex/masturbation for 7 days you get a small test boost. I tried to find it but couldn't, too many threads on the same topic.

Anyways my opinion on it is that you shouldn't abstain from sex or beating it just for a small test boost.
    You should always play fair when you have the winning hand.

BestThingSinceWrestling MusclesMalone's Avatar
    MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MusclesMalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not gonna make a difference. beat away.
    clean and jerk

mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Jacking off might lower the free test circulating in your body a little for a small period of time, but the day after or so your test levels should be higher too.
    "Also I do recommend steroids for all depressed males, and not anti depressants." - Nasser El Sonbaty IFBB PRO 2007

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

Originally Posted by aZn PEC-age
    What is the optimal pattern of masturbation in order to maintain maximum testosterone levels?
    Are you serious?! I'm all for learning about the scientific aspect of training, but this is just silly!!
    Injured O-lifter!

Location: the hand was not of flesh, but on an arm of blackened steel, with copper trim, always moving.rising above the clouds, it surveys its district, but only to descend gracefully into black smoke.who were their creators?no one has dared to get close enough to ask, Belize
    Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Davesta
    Are you serious?! I'm all for learning about the scientific aspect of training, but this is just silly!!
    I must be honest; my "libido" is down for at least 2 days after I jerk off. I am so much more creative around other people, esp. girls when I don't jerk off for a while. Obviously for me it has something to do with hormones.

I try to keep it at about no more than twice every 3 weeks for optimum libido. I'm serious as a heart attack. I don't know about other guys, but it's like this for me. It's tough sometimes resisting to jerk off but it pays off in the social scene.

Of course, if you're starting to have wet dreams then it's your body telling you it's time to get laid, or at least masturbate.

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I must admit i have thought about it, but then thought...........meh!!!

My libido is too high apparently!!! i never have any problems being 'creative' around girls and i do it as and when i please. I wouldnt worry about it if i was you, im me and i dont

Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There would be no advantage in terms of adapative benefit for sex if desire suddenly decreased for days etc after one copulated. For males, evolution is all about spreading our genes.

Testosterone may lower after masturbation but the hypothalamus immediately seeks homostatis and returns it to normal.

Plus high testosterone does not build muscle necessarily, its only when it has a high ability to promote nitrogen retention and anabolicism. Masturbation doesn't affect this.

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    My mummy told me that if I masturbate I'll go blind...
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) curb0303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

Originally Posted by BadWog
    My mummy told me that if I masturbate I'll go blind...

hahahahaha

Iron Bender/Ego Destroyer Undermod's Avatar
    Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50) Undermod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    everytime you masturbate.......
    god kills a panda bear.

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Undermod
    everytime you masturbate.......
    god kills a panda bear.
    then I must be the reason they are an endangered species
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beerman_420 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so whats the recomendation on how many times a week you should busta nut? Would it be like a weekly cheat meal or somethin where you only do it once for the benefit? Hmm I think someone just made a new bodybuilding term.
    if yall wanna talk about bb.com stuff feel free to add me to your msn/yahoo messenger [email]bashore69@yahoo.com[/email]
    icq-149478091
    aol-bashore69

Buddy list: Contract Killer, Illnino

shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by curb0303
    hahahahaha
    lol, there is a tidbit of of pseudo-truth in that...but its so pointless why this myth even came up is pitiful.
    Ejaculate contains a lot of zinc, if people jerk off too much and lose too much zinc and don't replenish it either from their diet or multivitamins, then "supposedly" loss of eyesight can occur.

Good thing we eat lots of oats then huh?

TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by addiction543
    when your at the point when your debating how often to masterbate for the best results, it's consuming your life.
    LMAO, reps.

I will say though that Ive often pondered this question myself. Like in boxing movies they often say "Dont have sex the night before a fight", but that may just be so your not tired...

PolishBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol oh gawd.. hahahahhahahahha

Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Personally, i feel like i have more energy when i dont masturbate.
    Masturbation/sex burns calories, and it seems like your "laid back" and "relaxed" after u do it too.

Canadian BB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Canadian BB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Canadian BB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Canadian BB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Canadian BB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    BB is a lot for me but i don't make my life only around it. If i don't empty my nuts i become violent and angry because training increase a lot libido.

I think i beat off too much because some day i can beat off tree time and still hungry

ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddude241 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    man I post this link once, i post it 1000 times. I really hope this settles any questions - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/south99.htm.

And personally, I don't masturbate any more or any less because i bodybuild or after reading that article. Hell I'm even typing this up with one hand! lol, j/k
    "Bodybuilding is not a pastime, it's a way of life"

patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personally, I think if you don't masturbate and just go workout when you feel all hyped up then you would get better gains =op.
    David Pat
    INBA/PNBA Pro Bodybuilder
    Personal Trainer and Contest Coach

Location: the hand was not of flesh, but on an arm of blackened steel, with copper trim, always moving.rising above the clouds, it surveys its district, but only to descend gracefully into black smoke.who were their creators?no one has dared to get close enough to ask, Belize
    Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000) Brer Ben is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by patfactorx
    Personally, I think if you don't masturbate and just go workout when you feel all hyped up then you would get better gains =op.
    same here; kind of like an indirect relationship between BB and masturbation

johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) johnny_boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i find that the less i masturbate, the more confident, strong and just better i feel. My record was going without it for 2 and a half weeks and it made me feel all the effects of elevated testosterone, i dont think its a good idea to go that long without it regularly though

bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by johnny_boy
    i find that the less i masturbate, the more confident, strong and just better i feel. My record was going without it for 2 and a half weeks and it made me feel all the effects of elevated testosterone, i dont think its a good idea to go that long without it regularly though

thats a rather silly thing to say, the elevated levels that were said were marginal, maybe 10 points. So to say that you "feel" it at this point is bull****. Secondly, if you did actually feel the increased effects of testosterone don't you think you would have had an even higher desire to masturbate? What other effects did you notice? Increased acne, sweating? Or did you just think you were more intense, and angry? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Originally Posted by bigmanj
    thats a rather silly thing to say, the elevated levels that were said were marginal, maybe 10 points. So to say that you "feel" it at this point is bull****. Secondly, if you did actually feel the increased effects of testosterone don't you think you would have had an even higher desire to masturbate? What other effects did you notice? Increased acne, sweating? Or did you just think you were more intense, and angry? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    Wait a minute, you're saying the more one masturbates the less acne they have???????!!!!!!!!

*runs to the bathroom with one of dad's playboys*[/sarcasm]

Enough with this thread boys seriously it makes no difference, go have a pull already. Or better yet, go find a nice girl to do it for you and for 5 minutes forget about your testosterone levels.

MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyBigMouth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since i started lifting i feel i've only wanked off twise a day, before lifting doing it 5 times a day aint unusual especially when im at the computer :P

Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sublime25 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It doesnt matter, when you sleep you jerk off anyway

bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigmanj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BadWog
    Wait a minute, you're saying the more one masturbates the less acne they have???????!!!!!!!!

*runs to the bathroom with one of dad's playboys*[/sarcasm]

Enough with this thread boys seriously it makes no difference, go have a pull already. Or better yet, go find a nice girl to do it for you and for 5 minutes forget about your testosterone levels.

No, ur making my point exactly, I'm saying that there is such a SLIGHT difference in testosterone levels between jerking off and not, that it doesn't even produce any noticeable effects of changes in testosterone levels... ie. acne, agression, and that it was all in that kid's head.