blairsummit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairsummit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairsummit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blairsummit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to calculate macros and calories

im going to be starting a diet pretty close to everyone that is on here. i was wondering how you calculate your calories and macros to lose weight. is there a link?
    starting a diet, lets see how it goes.

Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go to the bb.com main page
    use the search feature
    look up a bmr calculator
    use the calculator

multiple your bodyweight in lbs x 1.25, thats your protien intake(mutiply by 4 to get the calories)

of the bmr number you got back, multiply by .3 then divide by 9, that is the minimum amount of fat you should intake. And if its a clean diet, they are good fats,(cottage cheese, fish, peanut butter, cashews, flax seed, efa's, etc.)

Take the remainder in, in good carbs. Fruits, nuts, vegtables, whole grains. Or multiply your body weight by .75

So protien/carb/fat x your weight : 1.25/.75/.3 will give you 45/25/25. This will also put you ate your BMR.

Eating at your BMR will cause you to loose weight because every time you get up and walk around, go to the gym and do some HIT, lift weights, play a game of basketball, you are burning above and beyodn your BMR, or going into a negative energy balance.

But this is all a start, I lose around 2lbs a week doing this, and timing my meals, supplimenting cardio(protien) just like it were lifting weights, over an hour of HIT a week splt into 3 sessions, and grapling. So what might work for me, wont work for you. Sadly we were not made out of a cookie cutter, so our needs are drastically different. But on average, your going to be close to average.

I hope this helps.

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here's my standard answer. Almost the same but you will find everyone does something slightly different because it takes trial and error to find what works best for you. I'm using the standard 40/40/20 diet. I use www.fitday.com to figure the macros.

How to Figure Calories to Lose Weight
    Figure your calorie needs with this equation:
    66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

This gives you your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Multiply it by 1.2. This is now the minimum amount of calories to eat. Estimate the amount of calories burned through exercise and that is your calorie deficit. (Don't depend on the cardio machine readouts.) If that is more than 500 - 750 calories, eat the difference. For instance, if you burned 1,000 calories in exercise, you will want to eat 250 - 500 calories more.

IF you are not losing 1 - 2 pounds per week and that is your goal then decrease your minimum number of calories by 250 - 500 per day. (Your goal shouldn't be higher but if you are trying to build muscle it could be lower.) Never go below 1,500 calories. Make sure your cardio is so intense that you are worn out in 30 - 45 minutes (no magazine reading) and lift heavy for 30 - 60 minutes.

Websites
    Calories needed: http://michaelandkendra.com/BMRCALC/bmrcalc.htm
    Health (including calories burned, bmi, bf%, etc.): http://www.healthstatus.com/
    Food/Workout Diary: www.fitday.com
    Calorie Counting to Lose Weight: http://www.dietandfitnessresources.c...loseweight.htm

txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txitalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good info from the previous posters. Once you figure out the calories and macros, you can calculate how many grams of each macro you need here

HTH

Jason

ryan231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I've taken your advice on calculating my macros and got 1795,
    I'm pretty new to this macro thing, how do I make a meal plan around the amount I got ?

Like at the moment my meal plan is,

Breakfast

Oats with sweetener

Snack 1

Cottage cheese/Banana

Lunch

Chicken breast w/ lettuce cucumber and honey mustard dressing

Snack 2

Rice cake/Vegimite

Tea

Chicken breast,

Is there a better meal plan ?

Location: Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.� - Miyamoto Musashi

*We're all gonna make it Crew*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157504643

Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    @ MrGuin, thank you!!! The link you posted is a God send!

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I suggest that you spend some time reading these four stickies from the nutrition forum:

"Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    "Calculating Calories and macronutrient needs." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    "Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821
    “Critique my diet”
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129523333

ClareFrancesca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Still completely confused...... :,(

Hi everyone. Been reading about and trying to figure out macros ALL morning. Still just can't figure it out and just getting totally frustrated now. Been doing maths for the past few hours and getting no where. Can anyone help me out??

I'm female, 26, 5ft 6 inches and weigh 149lbs. I am trying to lose fat so if anyone could give me some advice on macros that would suit my goal it would be greatly appreciated

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd try 1600 calories, about 130g protein, 60g fat, 135g carbs. Adjust as necessary based on actual results.

corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corritaylor82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @ MrGuin! You Sir are a champion and the best thing that this lady can ask for! THANK YOU!
    "True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."

- Humboldt

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”

- Maya Angelou

Location: Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrGuin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by corritaylor82 View Post
    @ MrGuin! You Sir are a champion and the best thing that this lady can ask for! THANK YOU!
    Ha you're welcome, gl
    "Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.� - Miyamoto Musashi

*We're all gonna make it Crew*
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157504643

korygibson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am confused on calculating the macro content of the rice I'm using for my meal plan. It's 1/4 cup uncooked equals out to 3/4 cup prepared at 32gCarbs, 3gProtein, 1gFat. So if I want a half cup serving twice a day what macros would that come out to? This may be very simple but I can't seem to figure out the correct way to figure it, PLEASE HELP

GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000)
    rice is cooked in water, not adding any nutrients or calories. weigh it pre-cooked

Registered User KrystnPatterson's Avatar
    KrystnPatterson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is one of the best ones I found. It gives a good explanation and walks you through the calculations. You are on the right track if you are already looking into macros. I was amazed at how much of the right stuff I could eat. Dieting doesn't have to mean starving!

Apparently I can't post links yet. Go to the healthy living heavy lifting .com website and search macros. It will show you how to calculate macros for bulking and cutting.

Good Luck! I hope this helps.
    Krystn L Patterson