Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)

6 Meal Calorie Split for HIIT Cardio - Maintaining

I'd like some opinions on this revised diet. Opinions, comments, questions, etc. I'm currently underweight, but health status is all clear otherwise. I'm currently planning a bulk cycle for this coming fall. While my protein ratio is relatively high for my weight, approx. only 125g of that is coming from animal protein, with the rest from veg. Is this a suitable environment for my system during this time? Should I reduce protein intake, and allocate the calories to other macro's, or am I fine?

Stats:
    - 54kg
    - 5'11

- http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

Keep in mind that for my fitday log, I've standardized certain foods for each group, but my diet plan listed in this post reflects more variety. I used Fitday to properly org. my ratio's.

1900-2000 Calories – 40P/40C/20F (Excluding PWO Shake)

M1: 5:00am

- 2.5-3oz Serving Animal Protein – Chicken, Tuna, Turkey, Crab
    - 1 Cup Uncooked Oats/1.5 Cups Cooked Sweet Potato or Brown Rice

HIIT Cardio - 15 Minutes - 2 Min. Warm Up - 30/30 sec. Split Run/Jog - 2 Min. Cool Down

PWO Immediately following:

- .5 Scp. Whey Protein Isolate 22.5g Protein.
    - 2.5 tsp. Dextrose
    - 2.5 tsp. Maltodextrin
    - 6oz Water

M2: 8:00am

- 2.5-3oz Serving Animal Protein - Chicken, Tuna, Turkey, Crab

M3: 11:00am

- 2 Cups Spinach
    - 10g Salmon Omega 3 Fish Oil Caps + 400UI Vitamin E

M4: 2:00pm

- 2 Cups Spinach
    - 16g ~ 1 Tbsp. All Natural Peanut Butter

M5: 5:00pm

M6: 7:00pm

- 2 Cups Broccoli
    - 16g ~ 1 Tbsp. All Natural Almond Butter

Thanks.
    Last edited by Cold_As_Ice; 08-15-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Few thoughts...

-looks a little low on carbs IMO. a few of your meals dont have any carbs besides veggies and considering you are bulking you should try and include complex carbs, beans, or fruit at all meals.

-2.5-3oz of protein is a very small portion. most people here have 4-8oz of protein at their meals.

-finally, why arent you including your PWO shake into your total intake?
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Originally Posted by RipStone
    Few thoughts...

-looks a little low on carbs IMO. a few of your meals dont have any carbs besides veggies and considering you are bulking you should try and include complex carbs, beans, or fruit at all meals.

-2.5-3oz of protein is a very small portion. most people here have 4-8oz of protein at their meals.

-finally, why arent you including your PWO shake into your total intake?
    I'm planning a bulk for the fall. This diet is serving to maintain my weight, atm, at least I'm hoping it's sufficient. I prefer to spread out my protein intake so that I'm receiving approx. 20g of animal protein at each meal, instead of 40-50 every other meal. I've also noticed when I go hi- G.I water retention becomes a problem. Is this normal?

Are my ratio's up to par? Is a 40/40/20 split fine for maintaining?

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cold_As_Ice
    I'm planning a bulk for the fall. This diet is serving to maintain my weight, atm, at least I'm hoping it's sufficient. I prefer to spread out my protein intake so that I'm receiving approx. 20g of animal protein at each meal, instead of 40-50 every other meal. I've also noticed when I go hi- G.I water retention becomes a problem. Is this normal?

Are my ratio's up to par? Is a 40/40/20 split fine for maintaining?
    40/40/20 is fine.

You dont have any high-GI foods in your diet and I wasnt recommending any...not sure what you are talking about here? But keep in mind GI is not that important cus when you have a med-GI food like oats, the actual GI is much lower since you are having the carb with protein and maybe some fat too.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

40/40/20 is fine.

You dont have any high-GI foods in your diet and I wasnt recommending any...not sure what you are talking about here? But keep in mind GI is not that important cus when you have a med-GI food like oats, the actual GI is much lower since you are having the carb with protein and maybe some fat too.
    Yeah, I understand G.I; I was refering to my PWO shake. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My legs feel like water balloons about 15 min. after consumption. Would you advocate switching over to something like oats PWO instead? Or should I keep the Hi G.I PWO, and then follow it up with a protein+veg. meal instead of Oats? My primary goals atm are to maintain my weight with HIIT, and to keep edema (or water retention) to a minimum.
    Last edited by Cold_As_Ice; 08-16-2005 at 04:15 AM.

Yeah, I understand G.I; I was refering to my PWO shake. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My legs feel like water balloons about 15 min. after consumption. Would you advocate switching over to something like oats PWO instead? Or should I keep the Hi G.I PWO, and then follow it up with a protein+veg. meal instead of Oats? My primary goals atm are to maintain my weight with HIIT, and to keep edema (or water retention) to a minimum.
    my bad, i forgot about the malto/dex PWO shake.

IMO oats are a great carb source PWO. Try having a 2:1-4:1 ratio of carbs protein for your PWO shake. Something like 100g of carbs from oats and fruit and 50g of protein from whey. Then 1-2 hours later have another meal with a 1:1 carb to protein ratio. This meal should be a whole foods meal like brown rice, chicken breast, and veggies. See how that works for you as far as reaching your goals.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

my bad, i forgot about the malto/dex PWO shake.

IMO oats are a great carb source PWO. Try having a 2:1-4:1 ratio of carbs protein for your PWO shake. Something like 100g of carbs from oats and fruit and 50g of protein from whey. Then 1-2 hours later have another meal with a 1:1 carb to protein ratio. This meal should be a whole foods meal like brown rice, chicken breast, and veggies. See how that works for you as far as reaching your goals.
    Thanks. I'll be doing some experimenting over then next few to see how my body responds. And a 1:1 ratio immediately PWO wouldn't be sufficient enough, of course with another Carb+Pro meal, an hour later? I'd actually like to find a way to stack my entire carb intake, excluding veg., around my workout.

Any other critiques, people? I'd actually like some recommendations for more calorie dense green veg. like Spinach. What other veg have similar stats as far as nutrition is concerned.

I'm also considering moving my 2 tbsp. of Almond/Peanut Butter to my last meal of the day, and then spreading out 10g Fish Oil throughout the course of the entire day, with the goal in mind to speed up digestion of other nutrients. Any comments?

Edit: Another question. Would an 8oz glass of water with every meal be fine? If not, what would be the common recommendation for my dairly intake on a diet such as this?
    Last edited by Cold_As_Ice; 08-16-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Bump.

Bump.

Thanks. I'll be doing some experimenting over then next few to see how my body responds. And a 1:1 ratio immediately PWO wouldn't be sufficient enough, of course with another Carb+Pro meal, an hour later? I'd actually like to find a way to stack my entire carb intake, excluding veg., around my workout.

Any other critiques, people? I'd actually like some recommendations for more calorie dense green veg. like Spinach. What other veg have similar stats as far as nutrition is concerned.

I'm also considering moving my 2 tbsp. of Almond/Peanut Butter to my last meal of the day, and then spreading out 10g Fish Oil throughout the course of the entire day, with the goal in mind to speed up digestion of other nutrients. Any comments?

Edit: Another question. Would an 8oz glass of water with every meal be fine? If not, what would be the common recommendation for my dairly intake on a diet such as this?
    dont be afraid of carbs PWO. this is really the only time of day where you can go "carb crazy", hehe.

other good green veggies are brussel sprouts, peas, green beans, romaine lettuce, etc

i dont see anything wrong with drinkin water with each meal...what else are you supposed to drink anyway? drink around 1-2 gallons of water a day. muy the only liquids i drink are skim milk, water, and green tea.

the timing of your EFAs look good IMO.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My legs feel like water balloons about 15 min. after consumption.

My primary goals atm are to maintain my weight with HIIT, and to keep edema (or water retention) to a minimum.
    I think you have a body image issues and maybe an eating disorder.
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

Originally Posted by MCconditioner
    I think you have a body image issues and maybe an eating disorder.
    The water retention is actually a condition that I've discussed with my family Dr. about as I've made transitions. It's a genuine problem, and something I'm dealing with. It's the result of an experimental sodium load that I've done in the past; performed without proper research first. It has no relation to any body image problems that you've implied. Thanks for you concern, though.

dont be afraid of carbs PWO. this is really the only time of day where you can go "carb crazy", hehe.

other good green veggies are brussel sprouts, peas, green beans, romaine lettuce, etc

i dont see anything wrong with drinkin water with each meal...what else are you supposed to drink anyway? drink around 1-2 gallons of water a day. muy the only liquids i drink are skim milk, water, and green tea.

the timing of your EFAs look good IMO.
    Thanks for the advice. And I meant daily intake, as in total intake of water throughout the day. I see that I made a mistake above in that particular sentence causing some confusion.

Thanks again Rip.