krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face Alcohol (ethanol/booze) as a muscle relaxant???

I've grievously injured myself--see here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=556071 --and the right side of my erector spinae is extremely tense, causing me extreme agony whenever I try to stand up. I don't have access to any muscle-relaxing drugs, and even trying to drive my car causes horrible pain, but it just occurred to me that I do have some fine alcoholic beverages in the cabinet... muscle-relaxers work by depressing the CNS, right? And alcohol does the same thing... yes there are other effects but I'm willing to lose a little body composition if I'll be rid of this pain for even a short time. Is there anything that should prevent me from imbibing on this occasion?

and no, this is not a joke..
    I used to be way fatter

Im getting bigger!!!! heavylifter954's Avatar
    heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavylifter954 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i love alcohol....drink up...but dont drive...try 800-1000 mgs ibuprofen

krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) krustster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lol, I just had a full glass of Knob Creek bourbon (100 proof) for lack of any replies, and whew... it just reminded me how alcohol only tastes good when you're in the mood for it. I was certainly NOT in the mood for drinking, and every sip was like being punched in the stomach. And this is one of my favorite on-the-rocks drinks too. Now to see what it does for my back pain...
    I used to be way fatter

jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by krustster
    Lol, I just had a full glass of Knob Creek bourbon (100 proof) for lack of any replies, and whew... it just reminded me how alcohol only tastes good when you're in the mood for it. I was certainly NOT in the mood for drinking, and every sip was like being punched in the stomach. And this is one of my favorite on-the-rocks drinks too. Now to see what it does for my back pain...
    Ohhh man, this brings back memories...I had back surgery about 8 months ago, and I did the same thing...At first I had no access to painkillers or anything, and even though I don't like to drink...I had to a bit just to numb the pain for a little while. Goodluck man, I hope things get better for you.
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified

Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by heavylifter954
    i love alcohol....drink up...but dont drive...try 800-1000 mgs ibuprofen
    this is HORRIBLE advice....ANYTIME, much less when we're talking about alcohol at the same time.

you're a fool.

PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ethyl alcohol decreases test. levels.

Interesting how it makes men more like women, and women more like men.

same for smoking.

cheers.
    Just do it.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No doctors in Marquette, MI ? ?

Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Take some Hydrocodone (aka Tylenol 3's)

they give them to you when you go to the ER for excrutiating pain.

I still have some leftover from an earache. I'll take one if I have trouble falling asleep - they'll really knock you out in a state of euphoric bliss while you slip away to dreamland.
    Just do it.

Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PlasticsMD
    Take some Hydrocodone (aka Tylenol 3's)

they give them to you when you go to the ER for excrutiating pain.

I still have some leftover from an earache. I'll take one if I have trouble falling asleep - they'll really knock you out in a state of euphoric bliss while you slip away to dreamland.
    hydrocodone is vicodin

tylenol 3 is tylenol w/codeine

they are both scheduled narcotics, you need a RX

Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    No doctors in Marquette, MI ? ?

There are is no shortage of hospitals and doctors in the city of Marquette, Michigan... but there is an extreme shortage of money in the pocket of Grobar, Dan if you get my drift.
    I used to be way fatter

Originally Posted by Nathan1
    this is HORRIBLE advice....ANYTIME, much less when we're talking about alcohol at the same time.

you're a fool.
    Lol don't worry, I usually don't take alcohol advice from 15 year olds.
    I used to be way fatter

Originally Posted by Kledz
    hydrocodone is vicodin

tylenol 3 is tylenol w/codeine

they are both scheduled narcotics, you need a RX
    This may be a stupid question, but what's the most powerful painkiller you can get OTC? I took 4 acetominophen (reg. tylenol) about 15 minutes ago but I'm honestly not sure if it's going to do much of anything.
    I used to be way fatter

Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kledz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by krustster
    This may be a stupid question, but what's the most powerful painkiller you can get OTC? I took 4 acetominophen (reg. tylenol) about 15 minutes ago but I'm honestly not sure if it's going to do much of anything.
    its all preference and you're pretty much limited to tylenol, aspirin, ibuprofen(advil) and naproxen sodium(aleve)

for muscle and bone aches I prefer ibuprofen, for headaches I switch between tylenol, aspirin, or both together(excedrin)

4 tylenol is pretty hard on your liver, I'd give ibuprofen a whirl, probably your best bet for the pain you're describing.