hockeydude27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockeydude27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockeydude27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockeydude27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI's)?

I've searched on this forum, many others, sent quite a few emails to various organizations and still haven't found an answer to a question that I have had for a while, so I figured I would try posting a new thread just to see if anyone possibly knows the answer to this question, if not no biggy I'll most likely be going in for a doctors appointment in a couple weeks and I will ask my physician then. I was wondering if anyone knows of any possible side effects or interactions Creatine (most likely CEE as monohydrate gave me wyked bad stomach cramps and my dehydration probably wasn't helpful but if I start using it again it will be CEE) has on Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI's) and or other forms of anti deppresents? I am currently taking anti-depresents as part of a long term treatment for anxiety disorder that after a LONG 10 YEARS is finally 99% UNDER CONTROL and was just wondering what the chemical interactions might be....any info would be appreciated, thanx in advance!

solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Nope

Originally Posted by hockeydude27
    I've searched on this forum, many others, sent quite a few emails to various organizations and still haven't found an answer to a question that I have had for a while, so I figured I would try posting a new thread just to see if anyone possibly knows the answer to this question, if not no biggy I'll most likely be going in for a doctors appointment in a couple weeks and I will ask my physician then. I was wondering if anyone knows of any possible side effects or interactions Creatine (most likely CEE as monohydrate gave me wyked bad stomach cramps and my dehydration probably wasn't helpful but if I start using it again it will be CEE) has on Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI's) and or other forms of anti deppresents? I am currently taking anti-depresents as part of a long term treatment for anxiety disorder that after a LONG 10 YEARS is finally 99% UNDER CONTROL and was just wondering what the chemical interactions might be....any info would be appreciated, thanx in advance!
    SSRI for anxiety eh? Wouldn't be my first choice, but if its working, good. Somethink like "Buspar" might be worth a short, less sides, and is more relevant for your condition.

CEE shouldn't interact badly with SSRI. It would probably help even out the loss of strength you can sometimes get with SSRI's. I see no physiological reason why Creatine or CEE would interact in any particularly special way with an SSRI. I also have heard of no reports of problems. None of the standard array of supps should have any noticeable effect on an SSRI (protein/creatine/fats - high dose bcaa may though).