Registered User justincompton06's Avatar
    justincompton06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justincompton06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justincompton06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NPC Drug Testing

I am just curious about how exactly the npc "drug testing" works for their competitions. Comparing guys that compete in "drug tested" npc events to guys in natural organizations is simply no comparison. Events like team univserse is what i'm talking about? How does the guys slip it threw, or does the npc just not give a crap?

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by justincompton06 View Post
    I am just curious about how exactly the npc "drug testing" works for their competitions. Comparing guys that compete in "drug tested" npc events to guys in natural organizations is simply no comparison. Events like team univserse is what i'm talking about? How does the guys slip it threw, or does the npc just not give a crap?
    urine tested -you can actually use up to the last couple days if you stick to quick acting stuff like test suspension

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I thought the team universe was polygraph...
    Eric Helms, MS, CSCS, CPT, PES
    PNBA Pro Qualified Bodybuilder, Raw Powerlifter, AUT Strength & Conditioning Graduate Student

Natural Contest Prep, Training & Nutrition Coaching
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/team3dcontestpreparationservices.php

My Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137417533

justincompton06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justincompton06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justincompton06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i just competed in a npc natural show a few weeks ago and the overall winner got disqualified cuz he tested positive....so it just makes me wonder

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well i just competed in a npc natural show a few weeks ago and the overall winner got disqualified cuz he tested positive....so it just makes me wonder
    Local NPC shows are usually polygraph but some do urine test or reserve the right to urine test the winner.

As for the Team Universe-

Right from the entry form

Every competitor in the Men's and Women's bodybuilding divisions will be subject to a urinalysis test administered in
    connection with the event. Class winners will undergo additional urinalysis drug testing after this event and prior to competing in the
    IFBB World Championships.

so are you trying to tell me all the guys that compete in the team universe are natural?? lol....and the npc show i done was urine tested to every class winner

so are you trying to tell me all the guys that compete in the team universe are natural?? lol....and the npc show i done was urine tested to every class winner
    Huh? Where did I say that? I clearly said it is urine tested and someone could use up to several weeks (or days) prior to the show and still not test postive so not sure what you are trying to say.

Secondly-not every NPC Natural show is URINE TESTED. The tested shows that I have competed in over the years have been strictly polygraph

Fitness Factory IFBB Pro Beefcake Girl's Avatar
    Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I won my pro card at Team U and I was tested...urine test. And I HAVE known of people who failed the drug test at Team U!!! And they are disqualified from competing in World Championships...
    2007 NPC Figure Class C National Champion
    IFBB PRO
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete
    VSX Team Trainer (Victoria's Secret Fitness)
    Fitness Factory Personal Trainer

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) tvicemanXXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The tests are random. I was NOT tested at Team Universe.
    Proud to be fully sponsored by the best supplement company in the business. www.scivation.com

Contest prep log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113619521

It cannot possibly taste better than blue raspberry xtend!

bmw1000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Can i enter a bodybuilding competition if i am using d-amphetamines salt combo perscribed for adhd for help with concetration in school work or do i have to stay clean for like 3- 4 months before a local contest?
    I am the babymakah- Arnold Schwarzenegger

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tvicemanXXL View Post
    The tests are random. I was NOT tested at Team Universe.
    Agreed....Team U rules state each competitor "will be SUBJECT to urinalysis", not each competitor WILL be tested. I know 2 guys who competed there and were not tested with either polygraph or urinalysis. I assume they do test all of the class winners, as is standard in most NPC tested events.

At Dave Goodin's NPC Texas Shredder, every competitor is tested via random polygraph or urinalysis. You don't know which until you show up...and all class winners are all urine tested.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

Stay humble, not pathetic sailingpece's Avatar
    sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bmw1000 View Post
    Can i enter a bodybuilding competition if i am using d-amphetamines salt combo perscribed for adhd for help with concetration in school work or do i have to stay clean for like 3- 4 months before a local contest?
    I'm pretty sure they don't allow anything that is otherwise illegal, even with prescription.
    Correlation does not imply causation. The Plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

When you believe in things you don't understand you suffer, superstition aint the way.

Lets Not talk about what COULD be, nor what WOULD be, but rather what really is.

I'm not an MD, nor am I a bro scientist.

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not sure about npc "natural" shows. but most people have stuff still in there system on stage
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Registered User ourlittlesecret's Avatar
    ourlittlesecret has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do they test for illicit drugs like cocaine and marijuana too? Where is this "list" everyone is talking about?

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ourlittlesecret View Post
    Do they test for illicit drugs like cocaine and marijuana too? Where is this "list" everyone is talking about?
    Way to bump an old thread on your first post.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ourlittlesecret View Post
    If you are worried about cocaine and marijuana...you need to straighten out your life and not worry about bodybuilding at the moment.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    If you are worried about cocaine and marijuana...you need to straighten out your life and not worry about bodybuilding at the moment.
    Bull****
    "that guy is like a damn unicorn" -Evan Centopani on Mamdouh Elsbiay

Registered User CompetitiveGain's Avatar
    CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CompetitiveGain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm planning on doing my first show in July, and plan on using. It is a local NPC show but has no information on testing whatsoever on the site. Could anyone shed light on how I could find out? Not trying to go through the embarrassment of being dq'd. All I know is the top 3 last year had gyno lol.
    "There is no such thing as over training, you can only under eat." - Jay Cutler

" Those are heavy weights, for a small woman." - Dorian Yates

2011 bodybuilding.com 100k transformation challenge runner up!

450/320/560 @205

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CompetitiveGain View Post
    I'm planning on doing my first show in July, and plan on using. It is a local NPC show but has no information on testing whatsoever on the site. Could anyone shed light on how I could find out? Not trying to go through the embarrassment of being dq'd. All I know is the top 3 last year had gyno lol.
    Call the show promotor and ask if they are drug testing. It's not exactly a secret if it is.
    "that guy is like a damn unicorn" -Evan Centopani on Mamdouh Elsbiay

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CompetitiveGain View Post
    Yeah, call the promoter and ask for a list or at least clarification. NPC drug testing is normally for anabolics and diuretics. Anything you can buy OTC is fine to use. That is pretty much the rule.

caleb10walde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    soooo? wat r they testing for? street drugs or steroids????

Gonna givr hell on July26 NaturalproMJG's Avatar
    NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
    Bull****
    This/\
    Personal Trainer and contest prep coach
    Natural Bodybuilder {}-----{}
    www.martyswaypersonaltraining.com
    Instagram : marty_gabriele
    Pinterest : Marty's Way Personal Training