dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10) dazzlepecs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

turkish get-ups:- good or damaging??

(not me)

ive been doing these for a while, got up to a semi-decent weight and am starting to worry about my shoulders.. Especially when you bring your leg through the middle and so much weight is pushing in your socket

should these be cast into the abyss with upward-rows and straight-bar curls?? They are a fun as hell excercise

Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver_Hydra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's hard to say, upright rows were 'thrown into the abyss' because they were SHOWN to cause shoulder impingement. Yet with a highly compound exercise such as the TGU its easy to assume it strains the joints, especially the shoulder in this case.
    I haven't done these in a long time, and i'm going to start soon, and I just have this philosophy:
    -Everything is a double-edged sword, weigh the sides and then decide

The TGU is a great core/shoulder exercise that targets every muscle, even if we assume that with correct form its bad mechanically, do the benefits outweight the costs? And will conditioning your shoulders better aleviate the pain since you get used to the mechanisms? In the end its your personal choice, I personally AM a fan of them, although thats probably irrelevant if you're deciding if they're the best for you.
    'Language is subjective, and all of our thoughts are formulated in language, it follows that all our thoughts are subjective, thus making all of our thoughts subject to bias. Admit your bias and talk with those who differ from you, only then can you truly understand something'

'Nutrition is more than a single compound taken at a single time, a single way with a single result.'

imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50) imasavage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is fine. Good exercise.

Just think about when you bench press.
    akkxn - just lift heavy ****.

Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dazzlepecs View Post

(not me)

ive been doing these for a while, got up to a semi-decent weight and am starting to worry about my shoulders.. Especially when you bring your leg through the middle and so much weight is pushing in your socket

should these be cast into the abyss with upward-rows and straight-bar curls?? They are a fun as hell excercise
    These are a great exercise. My best was half bodyweight with 115lbs. I weighed 225-230 at the time. Builds great stability and strength in the shoulder joint as long as you build up the weight over time. I say do them if you are into strength and require flexible and strong shoulders. Be prepared to drop the weight if you lose it though, never fight a weight that is out of position, that is how you will hurt yourself with this lift. If you aren't prepared to drop the dumbbell then don't do the exercise.
    Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120458841

Best gym lifts:-
    Power Snatch............215
    Snatch.....................235
    Front Squat..............285
    Behind neck jerk.......315
    Olympic Back Squat...325

demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do upright barbell rows AND straight bar curls...
    Have you done something today to take yourself to the next level?

Always thinking of making $$ crew

Help Others. Be Humble. Life is Great.

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So long as you don't have any serious limitations the only way to hurth your shoulders doing the TGU is if you're doing it wrong. Take the time to learn the exercise and perform it properly and you'll be fine. I've rehabbed a lot of bad shoulders with the TGU.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000) rf0t0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    no way in hell am i doing that at the gym