irx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vitamin C as a diuretic.

I've heard of people using Vitamin C as a diuretic on/before a contest.

Does anybody here have any experience with it, plus it's usage? I recall reading of 8g of vitamin C a day to use as a diuretic, but no idea on timing.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by irx
    I've heard of people using Vitamin C as a diuretic on/before a contest.

Does anybody here have any experience with it, plus it's usage? I recall reading of 8g of vitamin C a day to use as a diuretic, but no idea on timing.
    I've used it before along with other natural diuretics but can't say if it helped much or not as I've always had a problem losing the water at the end... but when I did use it, like with anything else I always slowly upped the dosage and tried to come down from it slow also. Your body may react unkindly to sudden changes. About 5 days out I started uping the dosage until Friday before the show I was using about 10 grams per day evenly split.
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) XTRMEWJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Vitamin C in high doses, like those that would be required for a mild dieuretic effect, can block Potassium uptake...and that is bad come showtime. I would avoid vitamin C.

Sean
    B.S. Exercise Science, Philosophy, Creighton University 2003

CSCS, NSCA-CPT

Member of TEAM KLEMCZEWSKI
    www.thedietdoc.com

"His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

-President Theodore Roosevelt