Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

irx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit irx's BodySpace

Vitamin C as a diuretic.

I've heard of people using Vitamin C as a diuretic on/before a contest.

Does anybody here have any experience with it, plus it's usage? I recall reading of 8g of vitamin C a day to use as a diuretic, but no idea on timing.

Stats: 5'2", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 24252
    Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Most Muscular has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Most Muscular's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by irx
    I've heard of people using Vitamin C as a diuretic on/before a contest.

Does anybody here have any experience with it, plus it's usage? I recall reading of 8g of vitamin C a day to use as a diuretic, but no idea on timing.
    I've used it before along with other natural diuretics but can't say if it helped much or not as I've always had a problem losing the water at the end... but when I did use it, like with anything else I always slowly upped the dosage and tried to come down from it slow also. Your body may react unkindly to sudden changes. About 5 days out I started uping the dosage until Friday before the show I was using about 10 grams per day evenly split.
    Holder of Four NPC National Weight Class Titles in Four Different Weight Classes... All With Perfect Scores. A Feat Unprecedented in NPC History.

1998 NPC USA Bantamweight - 1st
    2003 NPC Masters Nationals Over 40 Lightweight - 1st
    2006 NPC Masters Nationals Over 40 Welterweight - 1st
    2006 NPC Masters Nationasl Over 50 Middleweight - 1st

BB.com Wallpaper of the Week (Week #144)

BB.com Over 40 Bodybuilder of the Week (Week #175)

XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XTRMEWJ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vitamin C in high doses, like those that would be required for a mild dieuretic effect, can block Potassium uptake...and that is bad come showtime. I would avoid vitamin C.

Sean
    B.S. Exercise Science, Philosophy, Creighton University 2003

CSCS, NSCA-CPT

Member of TEAM KLEMCZEWSKI
    www.thedietdoc.com

"His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

-President Theodore Roosevelt