Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Figuring it out!!

Well today I start my 11 week journey. I am registering for my first figure competition. My suit has arrived, my shoes are here too and my program is set to go. I HAVE SET A GOAL, I WILL ACHEIVE IT!!!!
    I have been a member of this forum since May. I have read may journals and posts and tried to encourage and help out as I could. You are an amazing group of women, your insight and knowledge, your wonderful stories and your insipiration. So I am putting myself out there, to be encouraged, critiqued, and most of surrounded by a great group of strong women who I hope to call my friends.
    I will start with a little bit about me, I am 31 yrs old, I have been married for almost 10 yrs to a wonderfully supportive husband and we have two children (5&3). I am 5'9", I was 144lbs (before two weeks at the cottage, so we'll go with that, hehe) My last bodyfat was measured at 17%. Before our holidays I had been eating clean for 8 weeks and going to the gym 4 days on and 1 day off. (Plus I teach aerobics part time)
    My plan for the next 11 weeks is a four day split with cardio 6 days out of 7. For weeks 11 thru 8 I will allow myself one cheat meal a week, after that I will reassess. I have been lucky wnough to find a personal trainer who has done a fitness competition before and she is going to help me with my program, a little bit and with my posing for free. Also the manager at the Sports Nutrition Depot I buy my supps from has been in bb comps and is going to help me with my diet closer to the show for free, woooohoooo!!!
    I am so pumped, excited and nervous. I will try to update my journal daily with my workouts and what I ate for the day.(Also if I have questions I will post them here) I am going to use this to keep me honest and motivated, never will I lie to you about what I did or what I ate, I need to do that for me, keep me good.(hehe)
    Please share your knowledge and experiece with me. I look forward to sharing my journey.
    I have included some pics from 10 weeks ago and I have more coming from 2 weeks ago, just to see for myself where I have been and how far I have come. (I have a long way to go baby!!)
    Attached Images

freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heyaz!ure looking good! abs r peeking out a bit. welcome!!

good luck with ur goals!!!!!!!!!great to see another newbie here!
    ------train hard or go home----
    ------danger!this girl flips automatically------
    ------it's not just a sport,it's my life-----
    ------You perform the way you practice-----
    ------Champions have made a habit of doing what others find boring or uncomfortable-----
    ------Today's training is tomorrow's performance-----

KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Leen, Wow you've signed up to do a figure comp ... how exciting!!! Thats great that you've got professional support already!!! Your pics are great, you look fab already. Good luck to you in your competition prep Leen. I'm looking forward to following your progress!!!

Cheers
    Grace
    BODYBUILDING - 'JUST LOVIN' IT'

Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems. Paul J. Meyer

Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles. Alex Karras

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Leen, Looks like you have a great plan, congrats on deciding to compete in a figure comp! I am sure you will do great! Excellent pics too, you look great already!

svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Hey Leen--so glad you started a journal and we can follow you to your competition---thanks for sharing and good luck along the way!
    Self control requires Willpower which requires Discipline--if I have Self control then I have all three.
    11% BF

DarleneM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarleneM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

You must be so excited Leen. Good for you.

We all will be routing for ya.
    Don`t let anyone or anything get in the way of your dreams. Especially yourself.

sk1llz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good luck

Hi Leen! Fantastic that you have decided to "go for it" and that you have such a supportive family and support network surrounding you. Sounds like you have all the ingredients to a successful competition. I along with everyone else on the board will be rooting for you.

Good luck to you!
    Enjoy the journey and not the destination.

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Leen
    It is so awesome that you are gonna do a comp. Best of luck to you. I look foward to reading about your journey
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10) leen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First Official Day of the Journey!!!!

So day one went well, I was giddy as a school girl. I had my program book and new pen in hand and could hardly wait to get to the gym. I was literally pushing Hubby out the door cause he was taking to long with lunch, lol. The workout went great, and the food was okay too. We made a trip to buy some supps since I promised myself to try glutamine for many reasons, and we needed more ON. I have to wait til tuesday to get the pics that I took two weeks ago, cause I was on holidays and didnt get them into to be developed til I got back, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If there is one thing you will all learn about me its that I am not patient, oh well, we all have our faults.
    So here is todays workout

Cable Row 50x15, 50x12, 50x10, 50x8, 50x6
    Barbell Row 40x12, 40x10, 40x8, 40x6
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Down 55x12, 55x10, 55x8, 55x6
    Back Extensions 15, 12, 10, 8
    Reverse Pec Deck 50x12, 50x10, 50x8, 50x6
    Stability Ball Crunch - 3 sets of 20
    One-legged V Sit - 3 sets of 30
    Lying Leg Raises - 3 sets of 15

I finished off with 25 mins on the bike

(Oh by the way, I weighed myself at the gym today, even against my better judgement and it wasnt that bad. I only gained 4 lbs over the weeks at the cottage, wooooooooooh)

My food stats
    Calories Eaten Today
    source grams cals %total
    Total: 1502
    Fat: 60 542 37%
    Sat: 8 70 5%
    Poly: 12 110 8%
    Mono: 30 273 19%
    Carbs: 126 415 29%
    Fiber: 22 0 0%
    Protein: 124 495 34%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Okay, so now the fun begins, I need your help as far as diet and workout, so critique away. I look forward to all the advice I get and am very thankful for all the encouragement so far. I am going to do this, and with your help I will stay positive,thanks everyone!!

My supps

Last night after I signed off I realized that I didnt put my supps in and I probably should have. Also I am not sure if I should be putting my food stats in or my food eaten and my food stats??? What do you think?
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

Life isn't about finding yourself,
    Life is about creating yourself.
    George Bernard Shaw

Live everyday to the fullest!!!

freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freakeefranky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by leen
    So day one went well, I was giddy as a school girl. I had my program book and new pen in hand and could hardly wait to get to the gym. I was literally pushing Hubby out the door cause he was taking to long with lunch, lol.
    awwwww lol love the enthusiast

source grams cals %total
    Total: 1502
    Fat: 60 542 37%
    Sat: 8 70 5%
    Poly: 12 110 8%
    Mono: 30 273 19%
    Carbs: 126 415 29%
    Fiber: 22 0 0%
    Protein: 124 495 34%
    hmmmm never a good idea to have more fat macros...erm..try 40/40/20
    ------Champions have made a habit of doing what others find boring or uncomfortable-----

franky - do you mean 40 % carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat?? I dont mean to sound dumb but I think that is what you mean and I just want to make sure. Thanks
    Leen
    Last edited by leen; 08-15-2005 at 08:59 AM. Reason: wrong percentages
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

DarleneM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DarleneM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont want to talk for Franky. But that is what she means.

And NO you dont sound dumb at all for asking a question. We are only dumb when we dont understand what someone says then DONT ask for clarification.

I always try strive for 40/40/20 (protein, carb, fat) but sometimes comes out closer to 40/35/25.
    Don`t let anyone or anything get in the way of your dreams. Especially yourself.

KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50) KiwiNovice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last night after I signed off I realized that I didnt put my supps in and I probably should have. Also I am not sure if I should be putting my food stats in or my food eaten and my food stats??? What do you think?
    I'm planning to use my journal as reference/learning tool for future comps after the one I'm currently prepping for so am entering just about everything in, including food, feelings, challenges etc. It’s very much a personal choice, some people enter their nutrition and some dont. Its up to you at the end of the day .

I myself am preparing for a physique competition but I have quite a few friends that do figure and one thing we are all in agreeance on is the fact that a good foodplan has been or is crucial to our success or progress.
    Below are just some of the reasons I encourage you to enlist the help of a nutritionist that has experience with figure competitors. He/She would be able to give you a plan that would ensure your:
    1 Ingesting enough protein to build/maintain/repair muscle.
    2.Ingesting enough carbs for energy so that your muscle is not being used as an energy source instead. You wouldn’t want to lose any well earned muscle.
    3.Ingesting enough healthy fats for healthy skin and strong immune system just to name a few.
    4. Losing bodyfat progressively rather then unhealthily.
    Last but not least, we are all very individual with many different needs so what may work well for me may not necessarily work well for you. A nutritionist would take all your needs and differences into account and accommodate those in your foodplan.

I would also consider having an experienced Personal Trainer take a look at you. As they’re objective they would be able to identify which areas need to be built up versus which areas may need to be leaned out. Also he/she should be able to draw up a training plan that would target the necessary areas effectively.

Last but not least check out Hibiscus09’s journal (in the Over 35’s section), she has not long finished a figure comp (of which she came first). YAY for Hibs . Hibby is very generous with sharing and she may be able to give you some good advice.

Hope you have a great day .
    BODYBUILDING - 'JUST LOVIN' IT'

Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths instead of your weaknesses, on your powers instead of your problems. Paul J. Meyer

Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles. Alex Karras

PICS, PICS, I have more pics, yippee!!

So day 2 was wonderful too, I am stil giddy as all get out!!! Woooooohhhhh!

I am learning so much thru this prep and thank you kiwi for sending me to read hib's novel, I am about half way thru and think I will save the rest for tomorrow night.

So I think I might change the way I journal, hope it makes sense to you all:

830 - 4 egg whites, 1 yolk
    1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

1030 - workout

1130 - 1 scoop ON
    1/2 c skim milk
    small green apple

200 - 1/2 can tuna
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    2 tsp light mayo (bad choice, didnt know it at the time though)

530 - turkey sausage (no chicken in the house, another bad choice)
    1 c steamed cauliflower
    2 tbsp salsa

700 - taught an aerobics class

845 - small green appl, post class carb

Bedtime (soon) - 1 scoop ON

Okay so that all adds up to
    Total: 1107
    Fat: 37 331 31%
    Sat: 9 77 7%
    Poly: 4 34 3%
    Mono: 9 84 8%
    Carbs: 96 333 31%
    Fiber: 13 0 0%
    Protein: 103 411 38%

Now for the workout
    Legs, calves day
    Alternating reverse lunge in smith bar+40lbs x 15,12,10,10
    Smith wide squats bar+60 x 15,12,10,10
    Step ups (alternating each leg) 40lb barbell x 15,12,10
    Lying leg curls 60lbs x 20,15,10
    Standing calf raises 200lbs x 20,15,10,8,15

Thats all boys and girls, sorry for the super long post, I will try to condense.

Just one more thing, I got new pics, from right before the holidays, two weeks ago, if you wanna see what I changed in 8 weeks.
    Attached Images
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10) CheryleB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great progress pics. Congratulations on deciding to enter a competition.

Your cals look a little low and it doesn't seem that you had any complex carbs in the post workout meal. I did read a few of your other days eating and it seems lower than your normal day. I find it hard some days to get in enough food too.

Good luck.

ermo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ermo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ermo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ermo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm so excited! I've found another future competitor. I'm competing in my first figure show in November. I'm anxious to see your progress over the next 3 mos. Best of luck, lady!
    "Normal" people don't eat like this...

[url]www.myspace.com/ermo18[/url]

Still tryin to figure it out

Okay so I am still playing the game tryin to figure out the diet thing, its harder than it seems I might need to get some help earlier than I thought. With that being said before I get into my post of the day I have a question. Does anyone know if I can freeze glutamine??? I like to throw my after the gym into the freezer and pull it out as I am on my way to the gym, I like it to be nice and cold but i am afraid to put the glutamine in. So I have been adding right before I drink, a bit of a pain to bring two container. Anyone out there know the answer to this?

8am 4 egg white, 1 yolk
    1/2 c oatmeal
    10am Gym
    11am 1 scoop ON
    1/2 c skim milk
    1 small green apple
    1pm 3oz chicken breast
    2 slice of a tomato
    1/2 large baked potato
    2 tbsp salsa
    430pm 1 fat free yogurt
    15 almonds
    515pm taught aerobic class
    630pm 3oz chicken breast
    1/4 c 1% cottage cheese
    1 c whole wheat pasta
    8pm taught another aerobic class ( I just cant say no)
    9pm 15 almonds
    1 small green apple
    bedtime(soon) 1 scoop ON

Total: 1282
    Fat: 36 328 27%
    Sat: 6 56 5%
    Poly: 8 72 6%
    Mono: 18 163 13%
    Carbs: 122 419 34%
    Fiber: 17 0 0%
    Protein: 122 488 40%

So today was cardio only day, 45 mins in totally
    30 mins stepper
    15 mins bike

(not including my classes)
    So that is my day and I feel wonderful, any help on the diet would be greatly appreciated, yet again, I am tryin, I really am.
    Thanks and sweet dreams
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10) Watch Me! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello!

I don't have the answer about freezing glutamine, but I was wondering if you've thought about using the caplet form? This might be simpler - but I also think there are arguments out there about which forms are most effective and all. I personally use the caplets, keeping a bottle in my bag and a bottle at home on the counter, so I always have it. Good luck with your journey to competition! You have such a wonderful attitude!

nozman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool looking good!

hello leen! this is my first time writing in this forum ,or any forum, but anyway I picked you to respond to because your pics look great and you sound very strong willed and determined to reach your goal.I wish you good luck, not that you will need it but to help you through the bumps a long the way. I have a good tip,when you hit a bump, pretend you only have 2 weeks til show time.talk to ya soon nozman 5683968.
    Last edited by nozman; 08-17-2005 at 06:38 PM.

cnjdh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile doing great

hey leen. this is my first time to post. i just happened to come across your journals and thought i would tell you your pics look great. i just started working out w/a personal trainer who knows anything and everything about all supplements, so if you have any questions just let me know and i will ask him for you!! keep up the good work. good luck. cnjdh

Awww, I am so sleepy this morning. I worked last night so I didnt get on to post and I had to call in sick today cause of a sick little girl in our house. Not sure how I am going to fit my cardio in today, hoping that I will have th energy left after hubby gets home from work.
    Yesterday was chest, biceps, abs and it went like this:

Incline smith bench press bar+30 X 15,8,10,8,6
    Pushup with feet on stability ball 3 sets of 12
    Incline flye 15lb dumbbells x 12,10,8,6
    Incline alternating curl 15lb dumbbells X 12,10,8,6
    Ez Bar preacher curls 50lbs X 12,12,10,8
    Reverse crunches 3 sets of 20
    Hanging straight leg raise 3 sets of 15
    Scissor kicks - was unsure haw to do this, I blanked out, will look it up today

So after my workout I was pumped but bummed too, I hate those incline smith bench press and I am not sure why, I feel so awkward doing them. I have the bench inclined but thought maybe it was too high. So I set it back one more setting but still feel very powerless doing these. Anyone have any suggestions? Help? Or are they just that difficult and I need to keep pushing through them. The other thing I thought was maybe I should try doing them on a normal bench, inclined and get a spotter if I need one, maybe it is the fact that the machine controls exactly the angle I go up at, or maybe that is the point, help!

I am not going to write out my whole diet, I did it on fitday and will just give the results, my eating was a bit messed up cause I worked til 11pm and I get the munchies at work. Everyone there eats donuts, and popcorn all day and all night. I was good though I didnt touch a bad thing for me but I planned that it might be hard so I saved some snacky stuff to eat at work, to keep me from munching.

Total: 1359
    Fat: 37 332 25%
    Sat: 6 54 4%
    Poly: 7 66 5%
    Mono: 17 152 12%
    Carbs: 143 493 38%
    Fiber: 20 0 0%
    Protein: 122 487 37%

Well I am off to call the dr's office and get an appt for my little girl, have a great day all!!
    Take care of you!!
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

great workout,hope ur little girl gets better soon!

why not u just do a normal bench press??? get someone to spot u?i like that better because it's a free weight... meaning i have to CONTROL how i lower n lift it up again....good luck!!just try out diff things n see which one u prefer

Unhappy I dont know what happened to today

Today started out not so good and now that I just put all my info into fit day its ending even worse. I dont know what happened I thought I was eating ok all day and I did make it to the gym even though my little girl was up sick during the night. She woke up feeling fine at 830, ate breakie and we all headed to the gym. (I cancelled her dr's appt cause she felt great, was acting herself and ate a full breakie) I had a great workout, got so enthralled in my new book on the stepper 30 mins flew by and I worked hard cause I wasnt paying attention to the peaks and valleys of the program. I left the gym feeling great. I found myself very hungry today, kinda forcing myself to hold back so I didnt eat too many calories then I kinda caved. Hubby came home from work and I was telling him that the kids had those candy fuzzy peaches for a treat in the afternoon and I was so proud of myself, I didnt have a one. He pulled out the bag of peanuts and I was so hungry I had some, not many but enough to throw my counts out, grrrrrrrrrrrrr! I am very disappointed in me right now. Well here is the nasty news:

Total: 1803
    Fat: 58 522 30%
    Sat: 9 85 5%
    Poly: 14 123 7%
    Mono: 27 242 14%
    Carbs: 160 553 31%
    Fiber: 21 0 0%
    Protein: 171 683 39%

Today was a no lifting day, just cardio. I did 30 min on the stepper and 156 mins on the treadmill. I also taught a core conditioning on the stability ball class tonight.

Well here is hoping tomorrow is a less hungry day and I can get myself pulled together. Although I am not sure, my little girl spiked another fever at supper time and I dont know how much sleep I am going to get tonight. Oh well, life is life and I will roll with tide. Take care of yourselves !!!

Franky - I think I might try that, its just that I hate asking people to spot me. I just know that I am not getting the full benefit of lifting in the smith machine, something just doesnt feel right about it. Thanks for the suggestion, I am gonna try it!

Night boys and girls!!
    Last edited by leen; 08-18-2005 at 07:27 PM.
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

I am going to put half my day here now and the other half tonight, I have yet to make it to the gym but I have got some other stuff done, liek some reading, hehe! My lil girl spiked a temp again this morning so I had to cancel my gym plans, good thing hubby will be home soon and I'll head out then.
    I spoke to the promoter for the show I am doing in October, I went on line to check out the site and saw that I could pay online and that he was offering a special til the end of the month on registration. Wooohooo, I love a sale!!! So with the money I saved on registration I ordered a show baby tee to wear to the gym. I am feeling a bit better about today now so here is what I have eaten so far:

9am
    4 egg whites, 1 yolk
    1 piece wholewheat toast with 1 tbsp natural pb
    fat free yogurt, 15 almonds
    100pm
    3 oz chicken breast, 1 cup whole wheat pasta
    1/2 c fat free cottage cheese

I am off to the gym any minute now, have a great rest of the day!!!
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi Leen
    I hope your daughter is feeling better. Its always tough when the kids get sick.
    I'm still working on my diet all the time. Its getting better I think though. It just takes time. WHat are you aiming for as far as cals & stuff? Also if you do post your food it will be easier for the "skilled" people here to help ya out. I post every freakin thing I eat (I am a little insane though).

I only read as far back a s couple days I am so behind everywhere plus I run back & forth to the computer while doing stuff with my boys so it makes it hard to sit & read.
    I hope your day gets better and your daughters temp breaks.
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

sk1llz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Leen...glad to read that things seem to be back on track for you...sometimes the hardest critics are ourselves. It's always admirable when I read about all the ppl on the board that juggle family, friends, career and a hectic workout schedule. So I not only applaud you but all the men and women on the board that work so hard to attain their goals!!! Keep positive and thank you for sharing your journey with everyone...your dedication and opinions to this board do not go unnoticed...keep eating those green apples and pump iron!!
    Enjoy the journey and not the destination.

To finish today up

This is the other half of todays post, I am gonna get it in now so when the kiddies get to bed I will some quiet, alone time with hubby, wooohoooo!

I went to the gym at 315, did:
    Shoulders and Triceps
    Arnold press 20lb db X 15,12,10,8,6
    Standing bent over lateral raise 7.5lb x 12,10,8,6 (I just upped this weight )
    One arm cable lateral raises 7.5lb X 12,10,8,6
    Rope press downs 50lbs X 15,12,10,8
    Assisted dips -45 lbs X8, -50 lbs 2 sets of 8
    Gonna do abs tonight, ran out of time at the gym, had to get lil girl to dr's appt.

Rest of food today

415pm
    1 scoop ON, 1/2 c skim milk, 1 medium green apple
    630pm
    4 egg whites,1yolk,1.5 oz of a chicken breast, 2 tbsp salsa (and a timmy's coffee, hehehe, I caved)
    Gonna go have a yogurt with 15 almonds now and 1 scoop of ON before bed.

Total: 1684
    Fat: 46 414 25%
    Sat: 8 75 5%
    Poly: 10 91 6%
    Mono: 22 196 12%
    Carbs: 154 540 33%
    Fiber: 19 0 0%
    Protein: 169 675 41%

So, it wasnt a perfect day but I am feeling better.
    The dr's appt went ok, they think she has strep throat, first time she has ever been on antibiotics, poor kid her fever was sky rocketing even after the motrin. Hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow.

I am out of here boys and girls, have a great night and a wonderful weekend!!!!

Take care of you, Leen!
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw

This is the other half of todays post, I am gonna get it in now so when the kiddies get to bed I will some quiet, alone time with hubby, wooohoo
    lol have fun!

Off Day

Today was my day off from the gym, but unfortunately not the rest of life's duties. I ate not too badly today, it was steady at work so I was less tempted to snack. Though the popcorn was hollering at me, I resisted,hehe!

I have a question, can anyone tell me how many calories I should be trying to eat in a day? I am getting the 40,40,20 ratio better but not sure on the calories. Any help please?

Total: 1550
    Fat: 38 338 22%
    Sat: 6 53 4%
    Poly: 8 70 5%
    Mono: 18 158 10%
    Carbs: 136 477 31%
    Fiber: 17 0 0%
    Protein: 176 706 46%

This is the totals for today, right up til I go to bed, not too bad I guess

We are outta town for a wedding tomorrow, I plan on being good, gonna take a cooler with safe food for me. I can always sneak out to the car and grab some grub, hehe! Hopefully I will dance off a few calories and since I wont be drinking I wont be putting wasted calories in me. Geez, it's like I am pregnant again, which I am not, going to a wedding and not even having one drink, hmmmm. I guess since I love to dance it wont be that bad.
    Hope you are all having a great weekend! Take care of you!
    Leen
    My supps:
    ON whey, multivite

George Bernard Shaw