Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sandwich2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandwich2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandwich2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sandwich2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are the ghettos in the USA really that dangerous?

I was just watching an old movie, 'South Central', or something like that, and I got to wonder if their really are neighboorhoods so dangerous and so poor in the USA? Is it reality or is it blown up by Holywood?

If it is reality why don't the government fix it? And don't tell that they don't have money. How can they not have money for domestic issues when they are pomping billions of dollars in foreign country? Why do American people accept this?

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. They are pretty bad. Esp if you are a stranger.
    South Central is not the worst either. Detroit, New Jersey, D.C. etc have way worse areas.

Actually they have cleaned up the ghettos from what they were back in the 80's and early 90's. Esp NYC. Its like a different city than it was 10-15 years ago.
    no sig

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Trust me I live in the Hood and it is bad. I have lost many friends to gang shootings. Although that was there fault it still is terrible. I think the American people do care however its hard to help everybody still.
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

experiment in progress Jhendi82's Avatar
    Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The government doesnt want to fix it its another form of segregation, by having poor people in one area. The sad thing is there have always been ghettos and always will be. Yes the ghettos are that bad.
    Current Weight: 214 pounds
    Cutting and trying to maintain lean mass

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)
    Obsession a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

I only post in MISC :) Agnostic's Avatar
    Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    They are pretty bad, at least the ones in nashville, atlanta and charleston. But its usually not the whole ghetto, just one or two streets. At least in my experiences.

Killer Boots, Man! mistermuscles's Avatar
    mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, they are pretty bad. Not like living in Afghanistan or anything, but still, bad.
    Kerry Adkisson (1960-1993)
    Steve Irwin (1962-2006)
    Owen Hart (1965-1999)
    Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)

You are missed!!!

Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Agnostic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont care though when I here a bunch of them getting killed though. They choose to live and act out that "gangsta" lifestyle

Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100)
    You say how can we accept it, what do you want us to do... we try to voice our opinions and the government doesnt care, Tupac was our strongest voice but he is no longer here! ( when I say our I do not mean the black community I mean the community everyone that live in poverty)

Originally Posted by Cadillac
    You say how can we accept it, what do you want us to do... we try to voice our opinions and the government doesnt care, Tupac was our strongest voice but he is no longer here! ( when I say our I do not mean the black community I mean the community everyone that live in poverty)
    You are an idiot. Your opinions is that you should get a bigger check each month for every baby you produce.

Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100) Cadillac is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Agnostic
    I dont care though when I here a bunch of them getting killed though. They choose to live and act out that "gangsta" lifestyle
    Dont start that arguement, if someone is born in a bad neighborhood what can they do? The child is born there what if they try to live there life to the best of there ability, going to school and getting straight A's and hope they get out, and then they are shot dead before they can get done with highschool, how is that their fault?

Originally Posted by Cadillac
    Dont start that arguement, if someone is born in a bad neighborhood what can they do? The child is born there what if they try to live there life to the best of there ability, going to school and getting straight A's and hope they get out, and then they are shot dead before they can get done with highschool, how is that their fault?
    Because they blame everyone else except theirselves.

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sandwich2003
    I was just watching an old movie, 'South Central', or something like that, and I got to wonder if their really are neighboorhoods so dangerous and so poor in the USA? Is it reality or is it blown up by Holywood?

If it is reality why don't the government fix it? And don't tell that they don't have money. How can they not have money for domestic issues when they are pomping billions of dollars in foreign country? Why do American people accept this?

'South Central' is so early 90's lol,but it WAS really like that.That movie depicted how life really was out here during that time period.It really didnt start to shape up until very recently when we got William Bratton as our police chief.There are definitely still some neighborhoods that need some cleaning up with the gangs and drugs and there are still shootings but overall it has shaped up.It's progressing toward becoming a better place to live in.We need to have the pride and clean it up ourselves and then the officials should step in and help.
    Evidence.

Californians have a right to bear arms in public!

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Agnostic
    Because they blame everyone else except theirselves.

It's not ALL our fault.Our schools dont get nearly as much money as white schools for books.Our classes are way more crowded than that of, lets say, Beverly Hills High.We dont get as help as you may think.

If we actually had the same exact opportunities as MOST white kids then your argument would hold way more weight, but we dont.
    Evidence.

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If only the Black Panther Party was still around.....

What do you think that would accomplish?
    no sig

Originally Posted by CrazyTall
    If only the Black Panther Party was still around.....

What do you think that would accomplish?

more than you think.dont you think that was one hell of a terrorist organization?
    Evidence.

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by notorius1
    It's not ALL our fault.Our schools dont get nearly as much money as white schools for books.Our classes are way more crowded than that of, lets say, Beverly Hills High.We dont get as help as you may think.

If we actually had the same exact opportunities as MOST white kids then your argument would hold way more weight, but we dont.
    Might I add that most teachers dont really care about the kids and the education is terrible that when you do go to college your not even half as ready as the kid next to you.

Cherchez la femme...Se si KRANE's Avatar
    KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KRANE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hollywood isn't lying, but in many cases they do exaggerate.
    Ghetto originally an area of the city where minority (Jews) live. Poor areas equal high crime, not necessarily a race issue.

As far as fixing, get in line with your idea.

By the way, at the turn of past century the street were full of homeless children disease and squalor, as is the case today with third world countries.
    I'll agree that these are serious problems that need fixing, but the US has come a long way.

wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't try to turn it into a white vs every minority argument. You (adults--whether minority or not) live where you choose to live. Sure if you don't have that much money you're not going to live in a fancy neighborhood, but you don't have to live in a ghetto either. There are other solutions for those with little income.

Think of how many people come to this country with just a suitcase, and they make a great name and living for themselves. It has nothing to do with being white or not.

more than you think
    I know. My family lived in Chambersburg Trenton NJ when the Black Panthers tried to take the neighborhood.
    They all got on the roof tops and sniped them out one by one as they tried to take over.
    I heard how the Black Panthers would randomly kill any white person they could, and rape and kill the women. Even pregnant women were slaughtered.
    Yea. They are a great organization. I hope they become strong again and come kill me and my family.
    no sig

Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wonsleinad
    Don't try to turn it into a white vs every minority argument. You (adults--whether minority or not) live where you choose to live. Sure if you don't have that much money you're not going to live in a fancy neighborhood, but you don't have to live in a ghetto either. There are other solutions for those with little income.

Think of how many people come to this country with just a suitcase, and they make a great name and living for themselves. It has nothing to do with being white or not.
    If it was that easy they'd move out right away.

Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harry Balsagna is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    East St. Louis is probably the worst I've ever seen. 14 square miles of nothing but ghetto.

Originally Posted by Harry Balsagna
    East St. Louis is probably the worst I've ever seen. 14 square miles of nothing but ghetto.
    Good point. How bout were I live by Gary Indiana. Murder Captial for many years as well.

Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Senior` Grudge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good thing New York cleaned up, New York in ratio for how many people it has is one of the safest places. Two decades ago it wasn't the same results

TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50) TNCEKM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jhendi82
    The government doesnt want to fix it its another form of segregation, by having poor people in one area. The sad thing is there have always been ghettos and always will be. Yes the ghettos are that bad.
    Bull ****. Its not the governments fault. Don't blame the overnment for a person putting themselves into a certain situation.

These people in the (what they call, but are NOT) ghettos have every opportunity to come out. All they have to do is go to school. Most of the minorities that make up these "ghettos" can get a full-ride on a 2.53.0GPA and most of their tuition paid just for being in school!

There is NO EXCUSE!

Now, you were right about ONE THING. The progressive side of the government (the democrats) do rely on these people in the ghettos because they get welfare and that means VOTES. But, they can easily get out of the ghetto if they just do their freggin' school work.

It goes so far as the difficulty of schooling is even adjusted according to where you live. I.E. Curriculum in compton is much easier than curriculum in some upper-class city. So, if the curriculum is easy, whose fault is it that a couple of the minorities in question have 50% or less graduation rates? If the schooling is pretty much 100% free, whose problem is they are not going to college? THEIRS. Leave teh responsibility where it belongs. In the "individual"....

I'm so sick of people playing the blame game I could barf on my cock and lick it up.
    [QUOTE=belaglazov]...Glucose is the last thing a muscle would want to use.[/QUOTE]
    :rolleyes:

Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sir Benchalot has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    L.A. (Compton and shiz) has gang sweeps everyday
    So you don't see gangstas out in the open anymore

Originally Posted by TNCEKM
    Bull ****. Its not the governments fault. Don't blame the overnment for a person putting themselves into a certain situation.

These people in the (what they call, but are NOT) ghettos have every opportunity to come out. All they have to do is go to school. Most of the minorities that make up these "ghettos" can get a full-ride on a 2.53.0GPA and most of their tuition paid just for being in school!

There is NO EXCUSE!

Now, you were right about ONE THING. The progressive side of the government (the democrats) do rely on these people in the ghettos because they get welfare and that means VOTES. But, they can easily get out of the ghetto if they just do their freggin' school work.

It goes so far as the difficulty of schooling is even adjusted according to where you live. I.E. Curriculum in compton is much easier than curriculum in some upper-class city. So, if the curriculum is easy, whose fault is it that a couple of the minorities in question have 50% or less graduation rates? If the schooling is pretty much 100% free, whose problem is they are not going to college? THEIRS. Leave teh responsibility where it belongs. In the "individual"....

I'm so sick of people playing the blame game I could barf on my cock and lick it up.
    I agree to a extent. A person can make it out of the ghetto if they chose to however living in it and getting out is a hard thing to do.

experiment in progress Jhendi82's Avatar
    Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jhendi82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

There is NO EXCUSE!

Its the truth these individuals who do live in the ghettos do not have the same opportunities as thsoe of us who have lived in the suburbs. Their school systems are no near as good as suburban schools. Major corporations and businesses do not want to build in these neighborhoods because the crime and drugs. City officials know what is going on in these neighborhoods but aren't doing enough to help them out. Even though these schools are easier it doesn't prepare them for college. I agree with you that the "individual" has to instill in themself to make somehting out of their life. But most of them can't concentrate on school when they have to help support their family.
    Current Weight: 214 pounds
    Cutting and trying to maintain lean mass

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)
    Obsession a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It seems easy to "make it out" but at the same time, it's not. Most of the people living in poverty aren't gang bangers. And they don't get the same opportunities. I agree that school is an amazing tool for improving your life; however, when your hallways smell like piss and your classes get hijacked by bad ass kids, it's hard to really take education seriously. There's really not one place to put the blame... but... give some poor people some credit. It's not easy at all.

There is NO EXCUSE!

It's also not your fault that your raised in such a violent enviorment, they were taught how to live a different way.

wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wonsleinad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Senior` Grudge
    If it was that easy they'd move out right away.
    I may have oversimplified it, but that's basically it. You have to have a plan before you can do anything.

A lot of the ghetto people are proud of where they are. Their too cool to leave. They turn to gangs instead, and that just keeps the cycle going. For example kids join gangs because of a lack of family (no father figure or whatever). By the age of 18 they end up having two kids of their own, then they're shot and killed by some other gang-banger. Now their kids don't have a father figure and they themselves join gangs at a young age.