Page 1 of 205 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Eats cheese for muscle SexyBack's Avatar
    SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

SexyBack's Journey

Hi Everyone!!!

This is my new journal. My old journal can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...379021&page=80

For those of you who don't know me, my name is April. I recently got married.

In the past I have struggled with my diet, weight lifting program, fat loss and self esteem, the things most women go through at some point in their life. BB.com has helped me learn so much in this sort of lifestyle. There are so many great people on here that provide help and support, or just an ear to listen that I think I'm here to stay for a while.

This journal will be where I log my workouts, diet, thoughts, questions, recipes and everything in between. I hope to have people come in here and speak freely of their opinions, ideas and thoughts as well as I love hearing what others have to say and it truly does help me.

So today is day one. The day where I start fresh. My goal at the moment is to not so much focus on body fat loss, but to focus on keeping my head in the game. Getting my workouts in, hitting every muscle, and concentrating on keeping my diet in check. I'm not going to jump into a hardcore program and strict diet, it will be to stressful. Instead I'm going to ease back into things, eating things that make me happy (but not unhealthy), and basically start as a "newbie."

So to start off, my program will be a 3 day weight split with day 1 being Upper Body Push, day 2 being Lower Body and day 3 being Upper Body Pull. I will also add 2 days of cardio on non lifting days where I will start off slow with 20-30 mins moderate cardio.

As for diet, I am going to start at 2000 calories to try and calculate my maintenance calories. I will aim for 175g of protein per day. Once I obtain my maintenance calories, I will recalculate.

SO HERE I GO.........
    'Cause sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak
    And when you feel weak you feel like you want to just give up
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    And just pull that *** out of you and get motivation to not give up
    And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you want to just fall flat on your face and collapse.
    ~Eminem

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149493633

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I swear, a new journal everytime I turn around!

Good attitude. I found that I've "accidently" lost fat while focusing on other goals such as regular exercise and eating right. Hope it works for you.

Molly229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Molly229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Molly229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Molly229 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congratulations on re-committing

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey! So glad you decided to start a new journal, now I can get in on it right from the 'beginning'...haha Good luck, you definitely have the attitude and motivation to do really well!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SexyBack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Be-Be View Post
    I swear, a new journal everytime I turn around!

Good attitude. I found that I've "accidently" lost fat while focusing on other goals such as regular exercise and eating right. Hope it works for you.
    You know what Be-Be, I actually learned this from you! It was something you posted a while back, and it just hit me You are so inspirational!

Originally Posted by Molly229 View Post
    Congratulations on re-committing
    thank you and welcome! I hope you come back!

Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Hey! So glad you decided to start a new journal, now I can get in on it right from the 'beginning'...haha Good luck, you definitely have the attitude and motivation to do really well!
    A fresh start is always good thanks!
    And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you want to just fall flat on your face and collapse.
    ~Eminem

Nov 12

Workout

Flat Bench Flye: 12x8lbs, 10x10lbs, 8x15lbs, 6x20lbs, 12x8lbs (weight per hand)
    Incline Dumbell Bench Press: 12x8lbs, 10x10lbs, 8x15lbs, 6x20lbs, 12x8lbs (weight per hand)
    Dumbell Tricep Extensions: 4x10 @ 20lbs
    Arnold Press: 4x12 @ 8lbs (weight per hand)
    Dumbell Lateral Raises: 4x12 @ 8lbs

Diet

Breakfast: 2 pcs WW toast, 2 tbsp Nat PB, 1 cup milk
    Snack: string cheese, banana oat muffin, banana
    Lunch: lasagna alfredo with broccoli
    Snack: whey and fruit salad (grapes, raspberries, strawberries, papaya, starfruit)
    Preworkout: breaded popcorn chicken, Green Mag
    Postworkout: whey
    Dinner: Breaded chicken, WW spaghetti with sauce, caesar salad

Notes:
    Felt good to get back in the basement and hit the weights. Arms are feeling jiggly already! Here's a picture of my kitty amusing herself while I was working out. enjoy!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SexyBack; 11-13-2007 at 02:47 AM.
    ~Eminem

Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Be-Be has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't think I would have bought that water!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I looove your kitty!

Welcome back to the game April!
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Aw, your cat is adorable! Very nice pic

Your diet today ...yum! Very good workout too.
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

I don't think I would have bought that water!
    hee hee! She always finds the smallest places to hide!

Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    I looove your kitty!

Welcome back to the game April!
    thanks so much Lou!

Aw, your cat is adorable! Very nice pic

Your diet today ...yum! Very good workout too.
    thanks! I didn't eat garlic bread, had caesar salad instead, not the best of choices, bacon, cheese, high fat dressing, but it was darn good. Also didn't get my late snack in, way to tired!
    ~Eminem

mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ohh your cat looks JUST LIKE my little Bonnie. She is a black cat with beautiful brown eyes and she is very little. Aww... soo cute!!!

Nice job with the workout and getting back into things!!!!

Balancing Act . . . indiglo9124's Avatar
    indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whoohoo! Shes back!

Im really happy to see that your not putting such a strict goal or focus on things right now. Just go with the flow and ease into things and it will all level out perfectly

Oooh did you go out for dinner last night? Or did you cook that yummy meal?

Originally Posted by mcj View Post
    Ohh your cat looks JUST LIKE my little Bonnie. She is a black cat with beautiful brown eyes and she is very little. Aww... soo cute!!!

Nice job with the workout and getting back into things!!!!
    my Bella has about 5 single white hairs on her. green eyes. She's adorable!

Originally Posted by indiglo9124 View Post
    Whoohoo! Shes back!

Im really happy to see that your not putting such a strict goal or focus on things right now. Just go with the flow and ease into things and it will all level out perfectly

Oooh did you go out for dinner last night? Or did you cook that yummy meal?
    thanks Val!

no, I made my meal at home. Got a ready made salad from the grocery store. got italian breaded chicken and just whipped up some pasta.

Tonight I'm having creamy chicken with rice, it's in the slow cooker as we speak! First time I've made anything like this in the slow cooker.
    ~Eminem

moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi April! I love the attitude in here - maybe I should take on a bit more of that attitude since I haven't been doing so great lately.

I love that pic of your cat! I miss having cats around We can't have any in the building I'm living in right now. It's one of my favorite things about visiting my parents - the pets!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3521621

Originally Posted by moon girl View Post
    Hi April! I love the attitude in here - maybe I should take on a bit more of that attitude since I haven't been doing so great lately.

I love that pic of your cat! I miss having cats around We can't have any in the building I'm living in right now. It's one of my favorite things about visiting my parents - the pets!
    Hang in there, you can do it!

Aren't cats so sweet! They totally get us too! They understand us when we are sad and upset and then snuggle to help you feel better! I missed my kitties so much when I was on my honeymoon!
    ~Eminem

Workout

30 mins cardio on treadmill - 190 cals

Diet

Breakfast: bagel, cream cheese, milk
    Snack: muffin, cheese string, banana
    Lunch: breaded chicken, WW spaghetti with sauce, almonds
    Snack: fruit salad, cheese bread
    Postworkout: whey
    Dinner: creamy chicken with rice, caesar salad

Notes:
    Chest and triceps are experiencing DOMS today! yay!!
    Diet was a little high in calories, nearing the 2300 mark. Carbs are quite high...will work on this! I have no more muffins, so I will substitute cottage cheese in there instead.
    ~Eminem

Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000) Izzy04 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello April!

I'm really proud of you for starting a new journal and I will be here to support you!

Great wo! The diet is not bad either but I would scrap the cream cheese and bagel in the morning if I were you!

Good luck with your new program!
    It's only pain

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didn't even realize this was a new journal! lol....Don't sweat the higher cals for a day or so!!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

Originally Posted by Izzy04 View Post
    Hello April!

I'm really proud of you for starting a new journal and I will be here to support you!

Great wo! The diet is not bad either but I would scrap the cream cheese and bagel in the morning if I were you!

Good luck with your new program!
    thanks Izzy! You are such a great friend!

The bagel and cream cheese was a one time thing, we got a mixed bag of stuff from the bakery and it had a bagel in it so I ate it! but it was the only one It sure was yummy!

Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    I didn't even realize this was a new journal! lol....Don't sweat the higher cals for a day or so!!
    Hi Tara!
    I figure I could use some extra energy since I feel like I'm new to all of this again. I'm so tired today!
    ~Eminem

Hey there!

How's your day going... are the chest & triceps still sore??

Making Change Happen flywheel99's Avatar
    flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flywheel99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great to have you back, April!

Is your husband going to be joining you on this new workout journey?

Hey there!

How's your day going... are the chest & triceps still sore??
    Hi there! yes, my chest and triceps are sore today. My husband rubbed my chest last night, not sure if that really does anything since the muscles are torn, not tight, but i think getting the blood flowing there will help a bit.
    Last edited by SexyBack; 11-14-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    ~Eminem

mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) mafuentesjr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on the married portion !!!! as well as the getting back into it again !!!!
    Good Luck with all of this. If you need anything, and if I can help, just let me know.
    Have a Great Day !!!
    Respectfully,
    Manny
    P.S. Congrats to the married couple..didn't want to leave anyone out...
    "Any day that you don't learn something new, is a WASTED day. " - Maria Elena Samano ( My Mom...RIP )

" Let's not waste another day." - Me

Originally Posted by flywheel99 View Post
    Great to have you back, April!

Is your husband going to be joining you on this new workout journey?
    Hi Jon! it's good to be back!
    He too is starting to hit the weights again, but he doesn't log anything.
    ~Eminem

Originally Posted by mafuentesjr View Post
    Congrats on the married portion !!!! as well as the getting back into it again !!!!
    Good Luck with all of this. If you need anything, and if I can help, just let me know.
    Have a Great Day !!!
    Respectfully,
    Manny
    P.S. Congrats to the married couple..didn't want to leave anyone out...
    thanks Manny! Good to have you hear! Do you have a journal?
    ~Eminem

Originally Posted by SexyBack View Post
    Hi there! yes, my chest and triceps are sore today. My husband rubbed my chest last night, not sure if that really does anything since the muscles are torn, not tight, but i think getting the blood flowing there will help a bit.

Okay, this is bordering on just a little too much information - husband rubbing your chest, getting the blood flowing? Are we going to have put a rating on your journal?

Okay, this is bordering on just a little too much information - husband rubbing your chest, getting the blood flowing? Are we going to have put a rating on your journal?
    it was purely for the benefit of helping me feel better, nothing x rated...hee hee!
    ~Eminem

Originally Posted by SexyBack View Post
    it was purely for the benefit of helping me feel better, nothing x rated...hee hee!
    sure, sure, that's what they all say.... hehe

sure, sure, that's what they all say.... hehe
    I knew I shouldn't have posted that! *lol*
    ~Eminem

cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafitchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yay a new journal! And I got in right at the beginning when there's only one page!

We might have to censor your journal.....tisk tisk....