AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Modified HIT routine

everyone critique this routine. everything is 1 set to failure, reps between 6-10(except squats 15-20, deadlifts 10-15). negatives and forced reps occassionally. 2 second concentric, 4 second eccentric.
    cardio on off days, 20 minutes, thats all.

day 1 chest and back
    dips
    incline db press
    pullovers
    chins
    t bar rows
    stifflegged deadlifts

day off

day 2 shoulders and arms
    military press
    upright row
    lateral raise
    bent over lateral raise
    shrugs
    barbell curls
    tricep pressdowns

day off

day 3 legs and abs
    squats
    hack squats
    leg curls
    calf raise
    leg raises
    crunches
    alternating crunches

2 days off
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

Genetically Gifted Big Daddy Shane's Avatar
    Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000) Big Daddy Shane is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a HITer/abbreviator, so I'll make a few suggestions.
    Chest/back day; replace T-bar rows with bent rows. Replace SLDL with bent legged deads
    Shoulder/arm day; drop upright rows, replace barbell curls with close grip chins, replace pushdowns with close grip bench.
    Leg day; replace hack squats with front squats, replace leg curls with SLDL.
    Goodluck .
    Forum member since 2002

I rep back 1k plus

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    stiff leg deadlifts are a hamstring exercise. Why do you have them on back day? If you're trying to hit the lower back you should use regular deadlift.

EDIT: damn you beat me to it.
    neg reds on sight crew

AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AimHighUSAF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks for the suggestions, but why's it feel like any deadlift i do works my back??? otherwise, the way i've seen deadlifts, its just a squat with less of the motion and the bar at the waist instead of behind your neck. when doing SLDL, do you keep your legs completely straight and stiff? when doing regular deads, do you bend at the waist and also bend at the knees? i know these are basic questions but i need to know! why drop upright rows? arent they a heavy compound excersize? and one more thing, my front and back delts were sore after chest and back day, and still were today(shoulder day), should i still train them? take an extra day off and have 2 days between day 1 and 2 and 2 days off between day 3 and 1?
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gethuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Knock the hack squats out of leg day. You're already doing squats, why repeat the same movement on a machine?

Knock out the upright rows and concentrate on the lateral raises. Upright rows create unnecessary pressure on the rotator cuff.

Like was said earlier, switch the stiff legged deadlifts to leg day. And no I wouldn't completely lock the knees. Keep them bent very slightly to reduce the pressure on the joint.

if your shoulders continue to be sore on training day you are going to have to modify the split to avoid overtraining most likely.

Yes, in standard deadlifts you would bend at the waist and knee. It is very similar to the squat but because the weight isheld out in front of the body the lower back gets much more involved in the movement. It's one of the most basic, mass building exercises. Combined with the squat and low volume training and you got a winning combination.
    http://www.angelfire.com/ego/gethuge

"He that teaches us anything which we knew not before is undoubtedly to be reverenced as a master." - Samuel Johnson