Thread: Easy Frittata

bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Easy Frittata

This has been a staple in my diet and is so incredibly simple and awesome tasting.

Hardware-
    Cast iron skillet
    Oven (which should be pre-heating to 400 degrees F)
    Metal or heat resistant plastic spatula

Software:
    4 slices of thick cut bacon, cut into pieces
    1/2 medium onion, diced
    3-4 eggs
    4 oz cheese, grated (I use extra sharp cheddar and pepperjack)
    1 cup chopped, drained spinach
    Spice mix (I use garlic powder, pepper, chinese mustard, spicy asian hot sauce, and sometimes corriander)

Execution:

Brown the bacon and drain some of the grease from it. Add the onions and saute until they start to brown ever so slightly. In the meantime, mix the eggs, spinach, spices, and half of the cheese mixture in a bowl. Once the oven is ready, pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir around a couple of times. Since it's cast iron, it will stick, but bear with.

Chuck the pan into the overn for 15 minutes. Once that is done, put the remaining cheese on top and broil for about 5 minutes until nice and crusty.

Take out of the oven, let it sit for about 15 minutes, remove from pan with spatula, cut into wedges, and enjoy!!

The spice mix makes or breaks this dish. I tried it with nothing..just eggs and bacon, and it sucked. Incorporating your favorite mixture will help!

I'll try to get a macro breakdown later on today.

I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500) I_Shaw_I is not very helpful. (-500)
    wow that sounds awesome plus reps. you should post a picture

bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10) bleedingtraps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sweet, thanks! Last night I put some asparagus and mushrooms in it.

The asian spicy stuff was Sriracha chili sauce. Oh my is it delicious.

I have a camera at home, so the next time I make one of these, I will upload a pic!!

Bartacus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros

This looks delicious!
    Did you ever get a macro breakdown for this? I'm going to make it tonight, and take the slices on a road trip so I don't have to eat teh fast food.