BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BudWiser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What fractional plates should I buy, standard or olympic?

I plan to buy a set of fractional plates from these guys:

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fractionals.php

I'm not sure whether to buy standard or olympic. I workout mainly at home and have a standard weight set. However, I don't really want to buy another set of these fractional plates if I ever get to the point where I buy an Olympic weight set. Would the Olympic weights work just as well on a standard bar? Or should I just buy standard now and cross the Olympic bridge if/when I get to it?

polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000) polgas is a name known to all. (+5000)

dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BudWiser View Post
    I plan to buy a set of fractional plates from these guys:

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fractionals.php

I'm not sure whether to buy standard or olympic. I workout mainly at home and have a standard weight set. However, I don't really want to buy another set of these fractional plates if I ever get to the point where I buy an Olympic weight set. Would the Olympic weights work just as well on a standard bar? Or should I just buy standard now and cross the Olympic bridge if/when I get to it?
    Why wouldn't the olympic version work on a standard bar, as long as the standard collars are bigger than the two inch olympic holes they should do fine on the standard bar and if and when you get into an olympic set then you'll have them. If your buying ironwoody, check ebay, woody usually sells some blemished sets from time to time at about $15 off normal prices.