Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First of all....a MAN'S arm length is 2/5 the size of his height.

We're talking about a child here.

and even a single inch makes a HUGE difference in the range of motion. You are ignorant not to know this. Shorter people can always lift more weight than taller people due to biomechanics.

PolishBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That shirt fits well, it doesn't look to bad. It reminds me of the g-unit beater style brand that fifty wears, anyways, keep up the good work!

Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Healthy23
    First of all....a MAN'S arm length is 2/5 the size of his height.

We're talking about a child here.

and even a single inch makes a HUGE difference in the range of motion. You are ignorant not to know this. Shorter people can always lift more weight than taller people due to biomechanics.
    Back to where we started, I'm glad you can comprehend this, yet somehow manage to lose this knowledge when I throw people into this equation. Give it up, kid. You've wasted enough of your time arguing on the internet. I've provided articles, mathematical equations, examples...you however with your brilliant "ur 15, stoopid lol" logic seems to shatter all hope I had left for humanity....

Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Healthy23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First of all...I am an ivy league student premed SENIOR, and I am 20 years old, so don't insult me. You are a piss ant asian.

We'll take the dumbbell curl. We can use the principle of torque to illustrate how the force exhibited on the body becomes greater as one has longer features when considering the same weight.

Although the relationship between load in the hand is not exponential to the length of the arm, it is dramatic, espcially since the body has to support the weight of the forearm and empty hand (which is also going to be greater for a person with longer features).

To calculate the force exerted by the biceps muscle holding a weight, for example, with the forearm parallel to the floor...

the force equals the WEIGHT times the length of the forearm + the WEIGHT x the distance from the end of the arm to the center of gravity. THis quanitity is divided by the length of the point of attachment of the tendon from the end of the bone x the angle the bicep makes the with bone.

You can clearly see how the length of features is something to be considered.

Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I read your post (well actually no) However, I was born with ESP and was able to decipher the message pretty easy
    I love talking **** on the internet. Omg my penis is so big now roffle. "MOM WE'RE OUT OF CHEETOS"

Originally Posted by Duper
    Back to where we started, I'm glad you can comprehend this, yet somehow manage to lose this knowledge when I throw people into this equation. Give it up, kid. You've wasted enough of your time arguing on the internet. I've provided articles, mathematical equations, examples...you however with your brilliant "ur 15, stoopid lol" logic seems to shatter all hope I had left for humanity....

you didn't give any equation, jackass.

Go to sleep. It's getting late.

I read your post (well actually no) However, I was born with ESP and was able to decipher the message pretty easy
    I am 6'2", 200lbs, 8%BF

I am also an ivy league student premed senior

You, my friend, are a piss ant asian.

I gave you an equation to substantiate my argument. You have brought NOTHING to the table - except some kid with short arms.

There is no man who can exhibit the strength bruce lee can. Find a single person. Find it. I don't see it anywhere.

You tried to rely on the assumption that I am some meathead who doesn't understand biomechanics and how it is possible to bench 215 when you are a 4'9" kid with short arms.

Wow, you are stupid. I believe I have won this argument.

I am 6'2", 200lbs, 8%BF

I am also an ivy league student premed senior

You, my friend, are a piss ant asian.

I gave you an equation to substantiate my argument. You have brought NOTHING to the table - except some kid with short arms.

There is no man who can exhibit the strength bruce lee can. Find a single person. Find it. I don't see it anywhere.

You tried to rely on the assumption that I am some meathead who doesn't understand biomechanics and how it is possible to bench 215 when you are a 4'9" kid with short arms.

Wow, you are stupid. I believe I have won this argument.

You, yourself just used Lee as a example. "bruce lee can. TWICE in this very thread. You're a ****ing moron. You won? Whatever helps you sleep at night. ROFL, you made my evening kid.

You, yourself just used Lee as a example. "bruce lee can. TWICE in this very thread. You're a ****ing moron. You won? Whatever helps you sleep at night. ROFL, you made my evening kid.
    Bruce lee "can" is meant to imply what Bruce lee claims to be able to.

I guess if English isn't your first language, you wouldn't have understood the implications.

So what do you want me to read you before you go to sleep "snow white and the 7 dwarves", or "cinderella" I know you love fairy tales.

I did win the argument. You have no evidence. ENough said.

First of all...I am an ivy league student premed SENIOR, and I am 20 years old, so don't insult me. You are a piss ant asian.

We'll take the dumbbell curl. We can use the principle of torque to illustrate how the force exhibited on the body becomes greater as one has longer features when considering the same weight.

Although the relationship between load in the hand is not exponential to the length of the arm, it is dramatic, espcially since the body has to support the weight of the forearm and empty hand (which is also going to be greater for a person with longer features).

To calculate the force exerted by the biceps muscle holding a weight, for example, with the forearm parallel to the floor...

the force equals the WEIGHT times the length of the forearm + the WEIGHT x the distance from the end of the arm to the center of gravity. THis quanitity is divided by the length of the point of attachment of the tendon from the end of the bone x the angle the bicep makes the with bone.

You can clearly see how the length of features is something to be considered.

Silly retards, lead paint isn't for eating =)

I don't blame you for being retarded...I blame your mother, your uncle and that one unfateful night.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by aneas
    Becuase nobody will give you any credit for beating up a white guy. Its to easy.

id beat your ass

Silly retards, lead paint isn't for eating =)

I don't blame you for being retarded...I blame your mother, your uncle and that one unfateful night.

When the argument resorts to remarks of the caliber you have decided to post, that is when our discourse will cease.

Good night.

seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bruce Lee vs Jay Cutler...

note- this is NOT a racially motivated thread. So don't go there.

Bruce lee all the way. Look at Jay, his traps are beyond huge, as of Bruce Lee's who can manuever faster behind jay and knock him down faster. The reach of his arms (Jay) is limited whereas Bruce Lee's manueverability is limited also, but not as restricted.

Jay Cutler can BEAT Bruce Lee only on sheer strength and (if) he has the mentality. Mentality is very important in combat (duh)

Bruce Lee can only beat Jay on his quickness...think of Kareem Abdul Jabbar vs Bruce Lee in the Game of Death. (tall vs. short)

This raises the Greek Mythology of Ulysses and the Cyclops....Giant Vs Small man.
    ------------------------
    Attached Images

strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by seinfeld

Bruce lee all the way. Look at Jay, his traps are beyond huge, as of Bruce Lee's who can manuever faster behind jay and knock him down faster. The reach of his arms (Jay) is limited whereas Bruce Lee's manueverability is limited also, but not as restricted.

Jay Cutler can BEAT Bruce Lee only on sheer strength and (if) he has the mentality. Mentality is very important in combat (duh)

Bruce Lee can only beat Jay on his quickness...think of Kareem Abdul Jabbar vs Bruce Lee in the Game of Death. (tall vs. short)

This raises the Greek Mythology of Ulysses and the Cyclops....Giant Vs Small man.
    ------------------------
    You're mixing apples and oranges. Cutler is not a fighter, he's a professional bodybuilder. That's what this forum is about--bodybuilding. However, if you insist on discussing fighting, Bruce Lee is way overrated. Sure, he'd beat most anyone in a controlled environment with rules limited to karate, but if Bruce stepped into the ring with some of the ultimate fighters we have today, he'd get cremated at that size. One mad rush from Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, or numerous others and he'd wind up with a broken neck. Don't care how fast or what kind of moves he has (had).

seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10) seinfeld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    apples and oranges...all in all, they are both fruit. Both the same.

I recall his saying is to flex like the bamboo in the wind...to contract when the other reacts...to react when the other contracts.

I highly doubt Bruce Lee will lose to a cage fight(adaptation)...but that's just my opinion.

Bruce lee was a movie star.

He never entered any competitions or tournaments.

Movie magic.

And yes, definitely different, but apples and oranges is a false analogy.

Try peanuts vs Pumpkins

I love the pun on Pumpkins. That's classic.

strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) strjon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    apples and oranges...all in all, they are both fruit. Both the same.
    ah...danielson...but we are, all in all, of this earth, are we not ?...therefore all the same...so there truly is no fruit...yes....picture yourself as an apple, and you too, shall become an orange, on a piece of bamboo..swaying...in the wind....<burp>

------------------------
    Although Bruce Lee is one of my idols, I doubt he would beat today's UFC/K1 fighters. In his 137 lb frame, he'd get smacked around by the heavyweights like a ragdoll. However, he will always be a legend...

ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Although Bruce Lee is one of my idols, I doubt he would beat today's UFC/K1 fighters. In his 137 lb frame, he'd get smacked around by the heavyweights like a ragdoll. However, he will always be a legend...
    Yes Bruce Lee could kick a lot of peoples asses, but he'd get thrown around like a rag doll if he fought a UFC fighter.

Seinfeld, for 120lbs you have some muscle, but I don't see how many people would be intimidated by you. How do you know that someone is intimidated? I think that's just your ego acting up.
    08/11/05
    Weight: 195
    Height: 6'0"

Best Lifts:
    Flat Bench: 335x1
    Squat: 375x8 (weak)
    Deadlift: 445X7
    Straight-bar curls: 135x7

yep. ego. Its better to have a high ego than a low one ;-)

the present time Bruce Lee, (he would be about 65 yrs old) vs the UFC....he'll definitely lose.

But if Past Bruce was to fight (at age 30) to fight today's UFC...

I guess we'll never know.

the present time Bruce Lee, (he would be about 65 yrs old) vs the UFC....he'll definitely lose.

Wrong. Better modest than egotistic.

ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ampstang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ego will put you in the hospital if you're like that in the presence of a guy with the same ego who's twice your size.
    08/11/05
    Weight: 195
    Height: 6'0"

Best Lifts:
    Flat Bench: 335x1
    Squat: 375x8 (weak)
    Deadlift: 445X7
    Straight-bar curls: 135x7

BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigJon06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gotta Love the Beater

Here's mine (well one is a tank under armor 3x, lord knows im stretching the hell out of it..)
    Attached Images

JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonGym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bruce lee was a movie star.

He never entered any competitions or tournaments.

Movie magic.

And yes, definitely different, but apples and oranges is a false analogy.

Try peanuts vs Pumpkins

I love the pun on Pumpkins. That's classic.

Bruce Lee was in plenty of competitions and tournaments before he became a star....that's how he got his reputation started and that's how he got "discovered" by Hollywood. As far as the UFC, since when do you have to be big to be successful at that. Remember Gracie? IMO Bruce Lee would fu*k them up....way too quick. He wouldn't have to get close. He could end a fight with one kick. Of course, if they did get ahold of him, different story. But, this is an argument that can't be won.

Hawaii Warrior Football! bluescorpion's Avatar
    bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bluescorpion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ampstang
    Ego will put you in the hospital if you're like that in the presence of a guy with the same ego who's twice your size.
    Maybe if neither of them is trained to fight. But I've seen several "giants" get the crap kicked out of them by much smaller guys. Turns out a lot of the bigger dudes just try to intimidate and people leave them alone because they look big. Does not mean they are much stronger or can fight worth crap

JonGym and Blue Scorpion- you hit the nail right on the head.

itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsyaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats with all of the arguing? health23... post your pic up so everyone here can see how better off you are than the rest of us jerks

Cool

healthy23 is banned.

Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why don't you stfu Charlie Brown. I'm not conceited...at least I appreciate my self for who I am unlike your self. If you don't like what you see, don't say crap. Just sit down, shut up.

Go learn how to spell you 2nd grader.

-shirt is from Anchor Blue.
    Im a 2nd grader? Is that why your post didnt make sense? Sit down? Im at a ****ing computer, you think im standing... Get some sense. I dont appreciate myself? Wow you know nothing about me so guess what that also made no sense. I cant spell? You spelled myself as two words....... Congrats on a post that made no sense little buddy.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast