Pintsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dumbbell deadlifts, which is the best one to do?

I see there a couple variations. Any pros or cons for any of them?

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What kind of deadlift? conventional deadlift (lower back exercice) or stiff-legged deadlift (hamstring exercice).
    I prefer to do both of these with a barbell. YOu can do it with Dumbell's but you can only go so far in weight because your grip wont' be able to hold heavy enough Dumbell's. And you need to lift heavy for your legs.
    Barbell's are mostly used for leg exercices.
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

Pintsz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But where do I start? I have dumbbells and thought I could start with them before moving up to a barbell. I have not been into this a long time and started with the dumbbells. I didn't want to go out and buy a lot of stuff I wasn't going to use if I wasn't going to stick with it. But,I really like it and want to eventuallly get a barbell and bench set. that is why I was wondering which I should be doing to start with. I was doing the straight legged version but it was bothering my knee so I let and every so slight softness for a bend so it doesn't hurt my knee.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pintsz
    But where do I start? I have dumbbells and thought I could start with them before moving up to a barbell. I have not been into this a long time and started with the dumbbells. I didn't want to go out and buy a lot of stuff I wasn't going to use if I wasn't going to stick with it. But,I really like it and want to eventuallly get a barbell and bench set. that is why I was wondering which I should be doing to start with. I was doing the straight legged version but it was bothering my knee so I let and every so slight softness for a bend so it doesn't hurt my knee.
    The real difference is the straight leg (slight bend ) work the hamstrings, glutes and lower back. Reg deadlifts also bring the upper back and quads into it.

A Romanian deadlift is a deadlift where you keep the bar (or dbs) close to your legs and move the butt BACK. In a regular st leg, the dbs or bb will be out in front of the body.

Try both and see which one you like better.

dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10) dominique is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, make the most of those db's. i'll use them for stiff leg DL's when I want to throw in the extra challenge of working grip strength (my grip always gives out before my legs - but it'll be that much stronger for next time)

there are pro's to using both types - essentially, use stiff leg/romanian deadlifts on leg days and conventional on back days.

the cons would be getting hurt from either improper form or from ignoring the messages your body is giving you about needing to make minor adjustments (such as slight bend to alleviate knee pain - which you did)