Closed Thread
    diotrinity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

should i buy this?

The only equipment I own is a single 25lb db, a set of 15 pounders, and a set of 8 pounders. I figured I'd work out at home and feel comfortable with my body before I hit the gym.

At K-mart (yes K-mart, you can stop laughing), I saw a multi-purpose machine in which you could do bench presses, preachers curls, had a leg extension and also an incline/decline bench. The price was $89.

There was also a barbell with 100lb plates for $29.

After doing research, these prices seemly extremely low for what I saw on the internet. Should I invest in these machines? Or is it just ****ty Kmart mercahndise?

That Man is a Machine BurningHeart's Avatar
    BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BurningHeart is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is this a bench that comes with cables or weights and you buy the barbell seperately? If it is then it is pretty damn cheap, which can be scary

If it is not, then 100 lbs of plates won't go very far, even for a beginner in terms of squats and bench presses. If I were you, I'd invest more money in a basic power rack and an olympic bar and plates. Can pretty much workout every body part like that.

You could also buy a basic bench to do bench presses with your olympic set.

KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500) KMMuscle24 is not very helpful. (-500)
    at target you can get a bench for $50,also look around for barbells and weights at different stores I got most of my stuff from a family member and from the salvation army so check to see if your family don't have anything...but yea that sounds decent

alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50) alextimman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That sounds pretty cheap yeah, make sure though when you buy a bench to check the capacity of the thingy were you rest the barbell on, I've seen cheap benches only that could only hold like 150 lbs.

Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000) Peaked is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by diotrinity
    The only equipment I own is a single 25lb db, a set of 15 pounders, and a set of 8 pounders. I figured I'd work out at home and feel comfortable with my body before I hit the gym.

At K-mart (yes K-mart, you can stop laughing), I saw a multi-purpose machine in which you could do bench presses, preachers curls, had a leg extension and also an incline/decline bench. The price was $89.

There was also a barbell with 100lb plates for $29.

After doing research, these prices seemly extremely low for what I saw on the internet. Should I invest in these machines? Or is it just ****ty Kmart mercahndise?
    If your going to buy something for a home gym, better make it last and use it for years to come. If so, buy 300 lb. with the barbell and the bench if that will do.