skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What's with supersets of opposing muscle groups? Good? Bad?

I'm just curious, because almost all of the bigger guys at my gym, including the trainers, superset opposing muscle groups. Like, one popular thing for them to do is, they do bench press, then seated rows, or they will do squats and then shoulder press.

I was just curious of people's thoughts on this style of training, because I've *NEVER* seen anyone on bb.com mention this in their routines before. I'm going to try it today just to see what it's all about.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, I tried it just to screw around today, and I gotta say I love the way the pump feels.

I did a 5x5 superset of incline press and wide grip pull ups.

Then I did 3x8 superset of decline flies and underhand bent over bb rows.

It was a great workout, kind of hard to pull through because chest and back together wind me out fast.

But still, any opinions on this style of training?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Cur121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love to do it with arms. The pump is crazy. I'll do 3 Sets of 8 on the Preacher Curl and then to skull crushers/overhead ext (depending on whats available). Arms just swell up.

Registered User geriatricmuscle's Avatar
    geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geriatricmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My favorate is a triset:
    1. Flat bench
    2. DB pullovers
    3. BB rows

You will walk away with a wonderful upper body pump....

gm

wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuddog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They're great if you're in a time crunch. You can work two muscle groups in about the same time as it would take to work one.
    I ususally do a "major" muscle group and a smaller group, like Seated rows and tricep pushdowns, or incline bench and cable curls, etc. I don't think I have enough blood to work chest and back or legs and, well, anything.
    DOH!