bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)

workout/treadmill on empty stomach?

For 40 to 60 minutes weight lifting, followed by running on the trademill for about 40 to 60 minutes on empty stomah in the morning, would that be a bad idea? Why, or why not?
    Would that be better if done in the afternoon or evening?
    Is weight lifting(workout) on empty stomach in the morning ok?
    Last edited by bodychaos; 08-08-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do not go more than 30 minutes of cardio post workout. I mix in other cardio session like in the morning on an empty stomach or doing cardio on an off lifting day.
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceolin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bodychaos
    For 40 to 60 minutes weight lifting, followed by running on the trademill for about 40 to 60 minutes on empty stomah in the morning, would that be a bad idea? Why, or why not?

Your name emulates your conditioning program.

First you need to seperate the two, cardio and lifting. At least when you are doing them at the lengths that you are, otherise shorten their lengths. Come up with a realistic program for yourself. Cardio 3 times a week, lifting 3 times, and a day off. Also, check the nutrition section for the myriad of threads on preworkout nutrition. Personally, I have a custom MRP about 90 minutes prior to just about any planned workout that I do, cardio or not.
    Regards,
    Ceolin

Big Brother is watching you.

"The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."

Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England, in a novel he published in 1844 called Coningsby, the New Generation

niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weight lifting on an empty stomach would be a foolish thing to do. Low gylcogen levels would mean little energy and poor lifting and before long your muscles would be in a catobolic state and you'd loose muscle mass.
    http://www.myspace.com/nicholaseasey

bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodychaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK, I was trying to squeeze my time since I only have less than a couple of hours free in the mornnig, and I do have some fat to lose, about 3-5kg, and need to build some muscles as well.

How about this?
    Three times a week, cardio on empty stomach, and another three times a week, weight lifting, but with drinking protein shake, or eating some nutritional bar, or so, during the workout. How does that sound?
    I am afraid I don't have time to wait about 90 minute after I eat for workout in the morning.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK, I was trying to squeeze my time since I only have less than a couple of hours free in the mornnig, and I do have some fat to lose, about 3-5kg, and need to build some muscles as well.

How about this?
    Three times a week, cardio on empty stomach, and another three times a week, weight lifting, but with drinking protein shake, or eating some nutritional bar, or so, during the workout. How does that sound?
    I am afraid I don't have time to wait about 90 minute after I eat for workout in the morning.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Sounds okay, not ideal, but we have to do what we have to do, right? I'd just make sure you add some milk, oats and honey to your protein shake, you'll need the carbs on weightlifting days. Cardio on an empty stomach is fine, in my opinion. I just wouldn't do that long of a session on an empty stomach, but that just doesn't fit with my bodybuilding goals, at the moment.
    You do what works for you.