Outlaw111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face why so hungry after cardio?

Hers the deal i have been doin cardio for about a week and half i do 3 miles at about 38:00 mins..i eat ok i guess usually two out of three mealls are really heahtly but for the lastt two days i eat about 6 eggs whites and some oats + veeggies a liil before running and after wards im extremly hungry for carbs like pasta and etc. Why im so freaking hungry ...?..anyone kknow and is theres anything that will satsify my cravings?..thanks alot..oh im 6"2 200lbs if it matters i dont know..

Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long do you wait before u go do cardio. Because when I used to be hungry after the cardio, I figured out that it was because I took way too long to digest my food and then I did cardio. Maybe thats what u do, I dnt know.
    I seem to receive alot of P.M's on nutrition advice, training & among other general subjects, please give me time to reply, I don't mind answering your questions, thanks! Ladies and Gents.

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

Location: Lazy student, 19, from Sunny England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    u've burnt off calories so your body needs more, simple
    whatever people say i am, thats what i'm not

mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdabat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Outlaw111
    Hers the deal i have been doin cardio for about a week and half i do 3 miles at about 38:00 mins..i eat ok i guess usually two out of three mealls are really heahtly but for the lastt two days i eat about 6 eggs whites and some oats + veeggies a liil before running and after wards im extremly hungry for carbs like pasta and etc. Why im so freaking hungry ...?..anyone kknow and is theres anything that will satsify my cravings?..thanks alot..oh im 6"2 200lbs if it matters i dont know..
    You sure will be hungry, running for 38 mins uses up all your glycogen stores, therefore your body will send signals for carbs such as pasta to replenish your glycogen stores, and that is perfectly rational because your body is actually HELPING you in that scenario, carbs (high GI) such as pasta, white rice, etc...are perfect after a long session of cardio because these High GI carbs block the release of cortisol (which lowers your metabolism) and keeps your body burning at a faster rate after your workout. a good figure to aim for is a meal that contains around 90g of carbs and 45g of protein to benefit from a faster metabolism and to avoid catabolism

Hope this helps
    SHISHA!!!

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's wierd for me is that I'm usually far from hungry after I do an intense cardio session. I have to force myself to down my carbs and protein shake.

theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theend2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i eat ok i guess usually two out of three mealls

thats your problem man you are only eating three meals. You should eat 6-7 meals 2-3 hours apart. Since you are doing cardio i assume that you are cutting so try to consume around 2,500 calories spread throughout the day.
    475/330/545 @ 242

TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000) TheHybrid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff
    What's wierd for me is that I'm usually far from hungry after I do an intense cardio session. I have to force myself to down my carbs and protein shake.
    His cardio is far from intense. A 3 mile run in 38:00 minutes means he has 12:30 minute mile times, basically a fast walk...

EDIT: I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm just saying you will get hungry on low-intesnity cardio. You should be far from hungry like bignbuff said on HIIT

K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-N9ne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After you run you burn off most of what you ate if not all of it. Your body is probably a little tired and needs energy which equal calories. Your probably hugry like anyone else, just eat and lift.

MrMoko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    How long do you wait before u go do cardio. Because when I used to be hungry after the cardio, I figured out that it was because I took way too long to digest my food and then I did cardio. Maybe thats what u do, I dnt know.
    I've been avoiding cardio as of late, as even just a few minutes of jogging/running on treadmill would make me ravenously hungry the entire rest of the day. Just got back into my MMA routine, and that's making me super hungry too. But what do you mean, Abyss, if we do cardio without food in our system that will lead to the hunger? What's a good time table/window to use as far as when to eat if we want to get some cardio in?

MrMoko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mdabat View Post
    You sure will be hungry, running for 38 mins uses up all your glycogen stores, therefore your body will send signals for carbs such as pasta to replenish your glycogen stores, and that is perfectly rational because your body is actually HELPING you in that scenario, carbs (high GI) such as pasta, white rice, etc...are perfect after a long session of cardio because these High GI carbs block the release of cortisol (which lowers your metabolism) and keeps your body burning at a faster rate after your workout. a good figure to aim for is a meal that contains around 90g of carbs and 45g of protein to benefit from a faster metabolism and to avoid catabolism

Hope this helps
    mdabat what would you recommend as a good example of a 90g carb 45g protein post cardio meal?