Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

DC Training Has Wowed Me

Just an update: For those of you whom I've discussed DC training with in the past, I took some time to devise my own program in an Excel spreadsheet and denoted cells for date, exercise, weight, reps, comments, etc. (A side note: If you're not already using a spreadsheet as your training log, I highly recommend it. It's a very clear, concise and easy way to track your progress.) Anyway, I've been doing DC training now for about three weeks, and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the results I'm seeing. Not to toot my own horn, but I have a lot of experience with training, nutrition, etc., and I honestly didn't expect this much progress so soon. When I first read about DC training, I thought, "Hmm. OK, it sounds like it's worth a shot, but I'll bet it's not all it's cracked up to be." Apparently, I was wrong. This is probably the closest to that "magical program" that doesn't exist that you'll ever find. (And, no, I'm not saying it's automatically for everyone.) But, like Doggcrapp says, DC training has been making people grown at 2.5 times the average rate. So far, I can say I agree. The program and principles behind it illustrate some powerful ideas, so I figured why not give it a whirl, what have I got to lose. I'm glad I did. So far, so good. Will keep you posted...

trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What are the guidelines of DC? I've read it before, but I forget.

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will you be able to post your excel spreadsheet? I have looked at the routine, but frankly don't completely understand it beyond, lift heavy and keep making progress.

highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Show me exactly how you are doing it because i plan on trying it soon. Also check the thread i posted on DC training as well and give me some of your advice on how mine looks plz.
    "The biggest risk in life is not taking one"

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. " - John Wooden

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

What time is it in Malta? Madcow2's Avatar
    Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madcow2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NaturalMsO
    DC training has been making people grown at 2.5 times the average rate.
    Considering I see most people spinning their wheels in the gym, that's probably conservative.

TheArrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheArrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheArrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheArrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheArrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheArrow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    someone needs to share this "DC Training" with me......im clueless.....

Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good stuff MsO. Glad you like the program so far. The best is yet to come, hang in there.

For those unsure about the basics of DC training here is a link for you:

http://www.ironmag.com/articles/trai...ing_manual.htm
    My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over...

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have read through that link and all I got out of it was, lift heavy, keep making progress, when you stop, then switch to a different exercise.

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Yes Indeed DC is the Bomb!
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MaSS_IL has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what is the "Rest Pause Technique"?

Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gollum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by geoffsherman
    I have read through that link and all I got out of it was, lift heavy, keep making progress, when you stop, then switch to a different exercise.
    DC talks about frequency, rest/pause, intensity, organization of body parts, different exercises, recovery, negatives, positives, statics, cardio, stretching and diet. Among other things.

If all you got was lift heavy then switch exercises when you stop making progress, this program is probably not for you. That is a part of the program, but just a part. Progressive poundages in good form should be the part of any good training program.
    My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over...

Originally Posted by MaSS_IL
    Lets use the bench press as an example. After your warm ups you would go into your work set. Choose a weight that will cause you to fail at about 8 reps. So you do your 8 reps, rack the weight. Take about 12 deep breaths. Unrack the weight and try to crank out a few more. Say you get 4. Rack it again, 12 deep breaths. Unrack and try to get a few more. Lets say 3. You're done, rack the weight.

This would give you 8+4+3 or 15RP. 15 rest/pause reps.

highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think a big part of what makes the program so special is the realy long negatives (6-10 seconds) on lifts that you can do them without hurting yourself. I see a lot of guys on the bench doing 1-2 second negatives and not adding any weight. Does anyone prefer using the smythe machine for DC?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

Also, what forearm exercises do you feel are best? Right now i have wrist curls and......

NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NaturalMsO is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by trail of dead
    What are the guidelines of DC? I've read it before, but I forget.
    Rather than post the URL here, which I don't have with me at the moment, go to Google.com and type in these words in the search box: bodybuilding, DC training. You will find a few good sites outlining the program.

Will you be able to post your excel spreadsheet? I have looked at the routine, but frankly don't completely understand it beyond, lift heavy and keep making progress.

Apparently, posting an actual spreadsheet into the body of the message doesn't work. Sorry.

Originally Posted by highpower1111
    Show me exactly how you are doing it because i plan on trying it soon. Also check the thread i posted on DC training as well and give me some of your advice on how mine looks plz.
    I'm doing it exactly as the program indicates.

Also, what forearm exercises do you feel are best? Right now i have wrist curls and......
    I like hammer curls, pinwheel curls and reverse one handed curls on the low cable.

Originally Posted by Gollum
    Good stuff MsO. Glad you like the program so far. The best is yet to come, hang in there.

For those unsure about the basics of DC training here is a link for you:

http://www.ironmag.com/articles/trai...ing_manual.htm

Thank you for posting that link, Gollum. I couldn't find the original URL.

Sort of the same. But different.

Originally Posted by MaSS_IL

Doing as many reps as you can, then pausing to get your breath back, then repping out a few more, then pausing again, then a few more, and so on.

Thank you for posting that link, Gollum. I couldn't find the original URL.
    You're welcome.

Here is another just for fun. Some of the information is the same but there is some new stuff in there.

http://intens************/showthread.php?t=4944

I think a big part of what makes the program so special is the realy long negatives (6-10 seconds) on lifts that you can do them without hurting yourself. I see a lot of guys on the bench doing 1-2 second negatives and not adding any weight. Does anyone prefer using the smythe machine for DC?
    Yes, I think the slow negatives definitely have an advantage. In fact, that's one of the elements of DC training that really appeals to me.

I haven't used the Smith Machine for DC training yet. I'm doing it the old-fashioned way: free weights. But it's tough if you don't have a spot, trying to rest/pause on dumbbell bench presses. I know 'cause I prefer to train alone.

Wrist curls are good. Also reverse wrist curls, reverse-grip barbell curls, reverse-grip cable curls...

Yes, I think the slow negatives definitely have an advantage. In fact, that's one of the elements of DC training that really appeals to me.

I haven't used the Smith Machine for DC training yet. I'm doing it the old-fashioned way: free weights. But it's tough if you don't have a spot, trying to rest/pause on dumbbell bench presses. I know 'cause I prefer to train alone.
    Yes, rest/pausing with DBs is a pain. I have Arnold presses in my shoulder rotation and seated incline DB curls with bicep and thats about it for DBs for me. Free weight barbells are of course the best choice. But I train alone also so I do utilize the smythe for some exercises. Although I try to use the power rack and free weights as much as possible.

Wrist curls are good. Also reverse wrist curls, reverse-grip barbell curls, reverse-grip cable curls...

Thanks, yeah i'm thinking wrist curls, reverse preacher curls, and hammer curls.

The intensity and slow negatives were teh 2 things that really appealed to me, i like to lift heavy.

When i asked how you were doing it i meant were you doing a m/w/f split or a m/t t/f split but it sounds like you are doing an m/w/f split.

Thanks, yeah i'm thinking wrist curls, reverse preacher curls, and hammer curls.

The intensity and slow negatives were teh 2 things that really appealed to me, i like to lift heavy.

When i asked how you were doing it i meant were you doing a m/w/f split or a m/t t/f split but it sounds like you are doing an m/w/f split.
    Those are all good, too.

Actually, due to schedule conflicts, I'm doing a Sunday/Wednesday/Friday split.

Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Actual Size is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those are all good, too.

similar to mines I do Sunday,Tuesday, and Thursday spilt for DC.
    For personal training consultations email at sjvaldez2@yahoo.com

Those are all good, too.

Thanks for everything , I just gained 14.5 lbs on a SD cycle in 3 weeks doign a WSB program, and i want to try DC for a 4 week cycle in the future and see how it goes, but when i do that i will find out what modifications i should make so that i can get the msot out of being on a cycle.

Hope everyting continues to go well it sounds like it as, and good luck with everything.

For what its worth, 4 weeks is really not long enough on this program. For the first 6 workouts you will be finding your baseline weights. Now, if you train 3 days a week thats 2 weeks right there. So the following 2 weeks you will beat your previous bests. Some of them may have been too low, and you will make a big jump. Some may have been too high and you will use the same weight or perhaps might even have to lower it. But the bottom line is the first month is a breaking in period. You wont really get cracking until the second month. Sure, you may see some results right away if you arent used to this type of training. But you should stick with it for longer than 4 weeks before you decide whether or not this is for you.

I would say go for an 8-10 week run, depending on how you feel. Then hit a cruise and take stock.
    Last edited by Gollum; 06-08-2005 at 02:44 PM.