liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

question about olive oil

If I am using olive oil to cook, but then I want to chart the nutritional information of what I consumed, how do I figure it out? It isn't like I pour the used oil onto my food when I am done, but obviously my food was cooking in the oil. Thanks for the help.
    While I breathe, I hope.

If I had my way we'd sleep every night wrapped around each other like hibernating rattlesnakes- William Burroughs

A flask I drink of sober tea, til daylight sends me home, flickering I roam - 3d

momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) momotheglutton is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm curious, too. I asked this question before and no one had an answer.

liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquidvet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by momotheglutton
    I'm curious, too. I asked this question before and no one had an answer.
    Yeah I pmed one of my buds on the board who is uber smart so maybe he will have an answer for me, I am just curious as to how I can tell how much fats I am actually consuming.
    While I breathe, I hope.

If I had my way we'd sleep every night wrapped around each other like hibernating rattlesnakes- William Burroughs

A flask I drink of sober tea, til daylight sends me home, flickering I roam - 3d

gonna bump this, anyone, help?
    While I breathe, I hope.

Killer Boots, Man! mistermuscles's Avatar
    mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000) mistermuscles is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Measure the amount that you put into the pan to cook with. Then, when you take your finished food out of the pan, measure how much olive oil is still in the pan.

Subtract that number from the original amount you put in the pan, and that's how much your food soaked up.

You'll probably have to use teaspoon or tablespoon measurement spoons, because a measuring cup is too big, and you probably won't be able to calculate the difference.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by mistermuscles; 08-07-2005 at 03:21 PM.
    Kerry Adkisson (1960-1993)
    Steve Irwin (1962-2006)
    Owen Hart (1965-1999)
    Eddie Guerrero (1967-2005)

You are missed!!!

Originally Posted by mistermuscles
    Measure the amount that you put into the pan to cook with. Then, when you take your finished food out of the pan, measure how much olive oil is still in the pan.

Subtract that number from the original amount you put in the pan, and that's how much your food soaked up.

You'll probably have to use teaspoon or tablespoon measurement spoons, because a measuring cup is too big, and you probably won't be able to calculate the difference.

Hope this helps!
    That is an excellent idea, for me being such a science major you think I could of figured that out lol The chicken tends to give off quite a bit of water though when I cook it, do you think that will be a factor, or will it dry up before I have to worry about it. Thanks.
    While I breathe, I hope.

itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you cook with olive oil i dont think youll be able to accurately measure how much is absorbed and how much is remaining in the pan...best thing to do is measure the amt you put in the pan before cooking, like 1-2 tbls then add that into your totals...better safe to over estimate your cals then to make yourself crazy and subtract trace amounts of olive oil sticking to the pan!
    "I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert"