Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best exercise for shoulders

Hey, I just want to know what is the best exercise to make ur shoulders wider and thicker, Please give me a photo of the exercise to cuz i dont know names lol, Thanks you very much, Alex

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The military press is what you are looking for, it is a great overall mass builder in the shoulders.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/excer...ry%20press.htm

-Shruggin

Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Airburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh man, Thanks, I gonna do it today.

ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No problem bro, just dont overdo. Include 3 sets of 10-12 reps in your normal workout.

-Shruggin

OK Dawg, U even helped me more lol, Thanks I was goin to over do hehe

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Military Press.
    4 Sets - 12, 10, 8, 6
    My fav too. Free bar up high. I'm so close to being able to put up 225. Maybe another 6 month +/-.

Originally Posted by Powerbuilt
    Military Press.
    4 Sets - 12, 10, 8, 6
    My fav too. Free bar up high. I'm so close to being able to put up 225. Maybe another 6 month +/-.
    Thats damn strong, man. I dont doubt that someday i'll be there. My shoulders seem to get strong very fast.

-Shruggin

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Still_Shruggin
    Thats damn strong, man. I dont doubt that someday i'll be there. My shoulders seem to get strong very fast.

-Shruggin
    Right now I'm doing 205 for 4 so I hope it wont be too long. You would think I had a monster bench to go with it, but my bench is pretty pathetic. My shoulders are my only body part where Size vs. Strength is good. The rest of me has great mass but the strength’s not there. I'm working on that though.

pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100) pounce is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey PB, is the back resting when doing seated Military Presses?

Thanks

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Airburn
    Hey, I just want to know what is the best exercise to make ur shoulders wider and thicker
    Dumbbell side lateral raises and upright rows with a wide grip. If you want to create the illusion of being wider than you are (and who doesn't), you need to build up the side delts. Military press won't give you that.

Good luck.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100) fuh Q is not very well liked. (-100)
    hell yeah for the military press. i do 6 sets all in a row. 3 in front and 3 behind the neck. first 3 are supersetted with front raises. second 3 supersetted with side laterals. then i drop and do the bent rear ones. try this routine if youre lookin for somethin new..its some good ****

Originally Posted by pounce
    Hey PB, is the back resting when doing seated Military Presses?

Thanks
    Yup. We have a Hammer Strength mill press station.
    http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com...cmilitarybench
    Whats good is no one uses it, Mill Press hurts too much..
    Last edited by Powerbuilt; 08-04-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Originally Posted by Overload
    Dumbbell side lateral raises and upright rows with a wide grip. If you want to create the illusion of being wider than you are (and who doesn't), you need to build up the side delts. Military press won't give you that.
    A part of me agrees with you and a part disagrees. This guy is obviously a beginner bodybuilder. Beginners need to build a base before they can start on isolation work. Any form of shoulder work will widen his shoulders at this point, and the best way is military press. You did give good advice though, i just dont think its appropriate for the scenario.

-Shruggin

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Part of me agrees and part of me disagrees with you also I agree that as a beginner (I overlooked that part) he should build a strength base and overhead pressing is a good choice. But he can also add side laterals with that to build delt width if that's what he's after.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Part of me agrees and part of me disagrees with you also I agree that as a beginner (I overlooked that part) he should build a strength base and overhead pressing is a good choice. But he can also add side laterals with that to build delt width if that's what he's after.
    Agreed.

-Shruggin

bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The lateral raise would be a great exercise for him for a couple of reasons...

1) It is a great exercise to learn the importance of form

2) It is a great exercise to learn that light weight is possible of just putting a hurt on you.

3) It is a great exercise to get immeadiately noticable results.

harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Military press should be the cornerstone of any shoulder routine.... Arnold presses come in a close second favorite....
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

screw everybody but the canes and the oil ;)

I used to think that as well. However, with the way all presses (flat, incline, decline, etc.) work the front delts, I'm starting to feel you can get away with not even doing overhead presses. I stopped doing them all together.

Especially if you do incline bench press. That hits the delts quite well. Just my opinion so don't everyone be getting in a tizzy. From a bodybuilding perspective, lateral raises/upright rows are much better. From a functional strength perspective, overhead presses are very good. Just depends on what your goals are.

Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)
    All types of lateral raises.

Front, side, bent over

bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bababullshat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by harrisjl
    Military press should be the cornerstone of any shoulder routine.... Arnold presses come in a close second favorite....
    When you make any exercise a corner stone of a body area, you tend to create imbalances especially when it comes to shoulders.

If you are working front delts hard, you need to work rear delts just as hard.

You need to keep the shoulders balanced.

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bababullshat
    When you make any exercise a corner stone of a body area, you tend to create imbalances especially when it comes to shoulders.

If you are working front delts hard, you need to work rear delts just as hard.

You need to keep the shoulders balanced.
    So I guess you are saying that rear delt exercises should be the focus of a shoulder routine???
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Mets

RIP Zyzz- "forever mirin"

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to think that as well. However, with the way all presses (flat, incline, decline, etc.) work the front delts, I'm starting to feel you can get away with not even doing overhead presses. I stopped doing them all together.

Especially if you do incline bench press. That hits the delts quite well. Just my opinion so don't everyone be getting in a tizzy. From a bodybuilding perspective, lateral raises/upright rows are much better. From a functional strength perspective, overhead presses are very good. Just depends on what your goals are.
    Nothing wrong with that idea Overload. I gave up pressing for almost two years. And my delts were damn good at the time.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)

interesting point.. ive sorta stopped pressing myself and instead i bench 2x a week and noticed strength and size gains in my anterior delts even with no direct training, it sorta works twofold in that after benching i can blast my laterals which is the only part of the head that really doesnt get much work from any other exercise so therefore u would say it needs the most attention.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511