yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question why does my triceps hurt when i bench ?

can any1 tell me why my triceps starts to ache after a good bench workout from the previous day ? shouldnt it be the chest aching and not the triceps ?
    ive only noticed my upper chest aching due to incline bench. but my lower chest doesnt hurt.

i bring the bar down so that it touches the center of my chest(normal benching).

am i doing something wrong ? if i dont ache, does it mean my muscles are not repairing ?

also, is it better to do high reps of lower weight or low reps of higher weight ? my usual rep for low weight is 10 and for my high weight its 3.

richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well ive always understood when u do your chest u should do triceps cause when u bench ur also using ur triceps... just like when u do back u are also working out ur biceps

hope that helped

yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yayme1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh ok. i understand. but shouldnt both muscle group ache ?

richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richsosa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    depends if some muscles are used to certain movements or something like that

Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Photostic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you might be gripping the bar too close. Try widening your grip about 2 feet apart on the bar.
    Jan 25 2011--- 361 lbs
    Apr 19 2011--- 305 lbs
    Aug 1 2011---- 279 lbs
    Oct 1 2011---- 257 lbs
    Jan 1 2012---- 237 lbs

Mar 1 2012--- 234 lbs

GOAL
    Aug 1 2012 -- 210 lbs

bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000) bigboy15 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah widen up your grip to the point when you come down your arms are at 90 degrees. For me this is about the point where the little ring in the knurling hits my ring finger. try figuring it out with a empty bar by looking in the mirror or have someone watch you. If you look in the mirror use an empty bar so you don't strain your neck. Also make sure you draw your shoulders back when you bench and this will involve your chest even more.
    If you already do all of this it may just be your chest/shoulders are much stronger than your arms are, so your arms give out early and your chest doesn't get worked. If this is the case then try some pre-exhaust work to get your chest to give out at the same time.

Originally Posted by bigboy15
    Yeah widen up your grip to the point when you come down your arms are at 90 degrees. For me this is about the point where the little ring in the knurling hits my ring finger. try figuring it out with a empty bar by looking in the mirror or have someone watch you. If you look in the mirror use an empty bar so you don't strain your neck. Also make sure you draw your shoulders back when you bench and this will involve your chest even more.
    If you already do all of this it may just be your chest/shoulders are much stronger than your arms are, so your arms give out early and your chest doesn't get worked. If this is the case then try some pre-exhaust work to get your chest to give out at the same time.
    oh ok thnx. what do u mean by draw your shoulders bak ? and pre-exhaust workout ?

also when i bench, i try to push the bar with my chest. if u get what i mean.

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As the previous poster said, if you have been doing the same movement for a while it's possible to do a good hard workout and not be sore, this is the point where you should change it up somehow. If you want to target the lower portion of your chest try doing decline bench with the bar or dumbells, or low cable crossovers.
    As far as lifting heavy or light, if you are trying to buiild muscle and strength you always want to go heavy unless you are backing off for a week or so to avoid burnout. Not necessarily to failure everytime, but close. A good rep range for three sets might be 12, 10, 8 or 12, 10, 6. Depends on what works best for you. Usually if the weight is really tough I'll try to push out 6 in the last set with good form as opposed to getting sloppy to try and get eight.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adonisanemone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soreness does not equate to a good workout.
    If you're sore, then your sore.
    If it was a good workout, it was a good workout
    They dont have to go hand in hand, just seems people assume they do. I use glutamine, and am almost never sore.