schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stairmaster the best cardio machine?

I'm not talking about those little ones either I'm talking the about the big one the one with actual stairs, i think this is the best cardio machine, i love the intensity of it and i actually feel my leg muscles working and i sweat a tons more and feel like i doing a lot more and burning more calories on it, i enjoy the treadmill to don't get me wrong but to me Stairmaster>Treadmill anyone else feel this because my friends always make fun of me for using it but im like you try doing it for 45 mins and tell me how you feel

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do the Speed Intervals for 15 minutes on Level 12. It is an incredible workout. Try it and let me know what you think.....
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garbury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i use the ones with the pedal style steps (no rolling stairs, just the fixed motion). I use 15-25 minutes doing hiit and I drip sweat the entire time. It's insane, but yes I have utilized this type of cardio almost exclusively the past 3 months or so and have gone from 12% to maybe 6% bf during that span. It gets **** done quick imo.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by garbury View Post
    i use the ones with the pedal style steps (no rolling stairs, just the fixed motion). I use 15-25 minutes doing hiit and I drip sweat the entire time. It's insane, but yes I have utilized this type of cardio almost exclusively the past 3 months or so and have gone from 12% to maybe 6% bf during that span. It gets **** done quick imo.
    I've used the pedal one as well, but prefer the rolling stairs. They both burn....

schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schultzdj25 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the highest level i've done was 16 on interval training for 15 mins, i usally do aerobic training for like 45 mins on level 14 or 15, i also like the big one because its only the only machine i believe you could get hurt if you fall from it lol, fall from the top of its like your like 5 feet up plus your height, its good motivation not to bust your ass in front of everyone, its a lot easier to fall from the stairs then to fall off the back of a treadmill,

Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just did the rolling stairs one for 15 min on 10 for the first time after today's workout, and I must say I prefer it over treadmill as well. Cheers.

Originally Posted by schultzdj25 View Post
    the highest level i've done was 16 on interval training for 15 mins, i usally do aerobic training for like 45 mins on level 14 or 15, i also like the big one because its only the only machine i believe you could get hurt if you fall from it lol, fall from the top of its like your like 5 feet up plus your height, its good motivation not to bust your ass in front of everyone, its a lot easier to fall from the stairs then to fall off the back of a treadmill,
    Holy Crap! I'll have to try 16 and see if I can do it.......

EstrognGrl ina TestoWorld msfatbootie's Avatar
    msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have tried the stair master but I get a really killer workout on the elliptical, as the stair master hurts my knee sometimes.

I do hills on the elliptical while maintaining a pace of over 250 strides a minute. Everynow and then I get up to 300

Trust me, if you keep up at this place, the only better cardio workout might be in the olympic trials
    ---
    msfatbootie=aminapeterson

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." --JFK

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.myspace.com/msfatbootie

From Fatbootie to PHATBootie journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5478273

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We (the folks at my gym) have nicknamed it "The StairMONSTER"

That thing is brutal.

I've never gone longer than 10 minutes keeping it on Level 10, but I've never done just the stairmaster as its own workout either, I've always used it after killing the elliptical and arc trainer for 20 minutes each first.

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aminapeterson View Post
    I have tried the stair master but I get a really killer workout on the elliptical, as the stair master hurts my knee sometimes.

I do hills on the elliptical while maintaining a pace of over 250 strides a minute. Everynow and then I get up to 300

Trust me, if you keep up at this place, the only better cardio workout might be in the olympic trials
    That is EXACTLY what I do! That machine SINGS at 300. Makes me feel powerful!

EstrognGrl ina TestoWorld msfatbootie's Avatar
    msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10) msfatbootie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    That is EXACTLY what I do! That machine SINGS at 300. Makes me feel powerful!
    Yay! Another one who is familiar with the strange looks I get at the gym when I am doing cardio... haha
    ---
    msfatbootie=aminapeterson

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." --JFK

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.myspace.com/msfatbootie

From Fatbootie to PHATBootie journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5478273

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aminapeterson View Post
    Yay! Another one who is familiar with the strange looks I get at the gym when I am doing cardio... haha
    One day when I got off, a group of guys clapped for me! They said they thought I was going to make the pedals fall off. You know how it gets at 300rpm!!!

Passing you on a CBR600RR eazyrid3r's Avatar
    eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) eazyrid3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    I do the Speed Intervals for 15 minutes on Level 12. It is an incredible workout. Try it and let me know what you think.....
    I did EXACTLY that my first time on it, sweat my balls off

Kinda tough to get the intervals down when the speed kicks up

proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) proteinpump has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Best cardio workout!

tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tolewfo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like to mix up my cardio...

I credit the eliptical trainer in putting me in the cardio shape I am in today. My gym has both the Precor and the LifeFitness models.

Just to stop from being bored and letting my body get used to one style of cardio training I have added the Stairmaster and the Treadmill. I like the random setting on the treadmill, I set it on level 20 and walk for an hour. I am pretty uncoordinated and I haven't been over 4.0 mph on it. It is a fast walk and I still burn a lot of calories.

I am also starting to do my High Intensity Interval Training 2 times a week. The gym I belong to has an indoor track and digital clocks spread overhead so I can count the seconds there.

On this upcoming Monday, I am going to add some more cardio to my workout. I have a friend who also used to be a trainer at my gym. He is now working independantly and is setting up some cardio circuit training at a local park. I am not sure what he has in store but I trust him.
    Last edited by tolewfo; 11-07-2007 at 04:55 PM.

missbelle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Intense cardio

Try running up the stairs (on the stairmaster) at level 20 - 22 for 30 seconds, then turning it down for 90 seconds.
    Like actually dying!
    Dat quad burn tho