white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) white sox bill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Leg curl vs Seated leg curl

Hey guys my gym may be buying a seated leg curl (+Nautilus I think) to go with the VR2 Cybex leg curl. Does anyone here notice a difference between the two? Or are they so similair that maybe the gym should invest in something else. Your input would be welcome. Thanks

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I dislike the seated (in your case, Nautilus) hamstring curls. It's awkward and uncomfortable with heavier weights.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well my gym has seated leg curl, laying leg curl, and standing alternate leg curl.

personally i feel that the standing leg curl works the best but if i were to choose between the two you mentioned i would choose the laying one.

dotheduatfsc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lying leg curl > seated leg curl

by far........to me the seated just feels weird

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dotheduatfsc View Post
    lying leg curl > seated leg curl

by far........to me the seated just feels weird
    Why though? I`ve never tried the lying down one admittedly as I have always got on with the seated one. But technically is there a difference or is it just preference?
    "The hardest part in lifting, is NOT to lift..." - Me

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)
    Deadlift 185kg (+25kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
    Hey guys my gym may be buying a seated leg curl (+Nautilus I think) to go with the VR2 Cybex leg curl. Does anyone here notice a difference between the two? Or are they so similair that maybe the gym should invest in something else. Your input would be welcome. Thanks
    Yes they are different. The seated leg curl focuses on the inner hamstrings more.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markyg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    Yes they are different. The seated leg curl focuses on the inner hamstrings more.
    Wow I didnt even know the WAS an inner hanstring.....must try the lying down version then. Cheers D1
    "The hardest part in lifting, is NOT to lift..." - Me

First meet results:
    Squat 140kg (+15kg PR)
    Bench 130kg (+10kg PR)
    Deadlift 185kg (+25kg PR)

Second meet results:
    Squat 175kg (+5kg PR)
    Bench 140kg (= PR)
    Deadlift 210kg (+5kg PR)

Baylorlaw007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baylorlaw007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baylorlaw007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baylorlaw007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baylorlaw007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally prefer the seated leg curl myself. Both work well in my opinion, but I feel more comfortable in a seated leg curl machine. I wish the Gold's in Waco would get a hammer strength standing curl. The Gold's in Dallas has one and I really wish Waco would get one so I wouldn't have to use machines as much.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by markyg View Post
    Wow I didnt even know the WAS an inner hanstring.....must try the lying down version then. Cheers D1
    Semitendonosus is adjacent to the biceps femoris which is on the outside of the back thigh.

The hamstrings are divided much further functionally:

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...name=85004.pdf
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    You might like (from Lorenzo Cornacchia/Bompa) :

**Important: Cornacchia says, these will vary between individuals

(100% would signify maximum muscle fiber stimulation)

Biceps femoris (hamstring)
    Standing leg curls --------------------------82%
    Lying leg curls -----------------------------71
    Seated leg curls ----------------------------58
    Modified hamstring deads --------------------56

Semitendinosus (inner hamstring)
    Seated leg curls ----------------------------88
    Standing leg curls --------------------------79
    Lying leg curls -----------------------------70
    Modified hamstring deads --------------------63
    ^^