Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

HOW i recovered from my bicep/forearm tendonitis.

i have been lifting weights for almost 7 years now. this past couple of years is when i really got serious about it. everything was going great until this last year i got bad tendonitis at the bottom of my bicep into my forearm. it progressively got worse and worse to the point where it hurt like hell to simply lift a pile of clothes from the laundry room. i thought i had done permanent damage and would be stuck with this injury for life, it was very depressing.

after lots of reading and researching, i came to the conclusion that i got this injury from doing certain exercises (hammer curls, reverse-grip curls, etc) that would always hurt while i was doing them, but i thought i just had to push through the pain to get growth. i finally stopped all lifting of bicep and back exercises. it still did not get better, so i made some appointments with the doctor and completely stopped lifting weights all together until my appointment (one full month.)

at first, the doctor told me to take a bunch of anti-inflammatory medicine for a week straight (aleve, aspirin, etc). i tried it, it did not work. he also told me to get back into lifting, just take it slow on bicep/back exercises.

i started lifting again, and i stayed very light on bicep exercises (were talking, curling 10lb dumbbells). it still did not improve. i lifted light for about 5 weeks, the most i was ever curling was 20lb dumbbells. pain still was throbbing.

as of now, my tendonitis is completely healed. i feel absolutely no pain at all, no matter what lifts im doing or what daily activities im doing. i am back to lifting as heavy as i can on bicep and back exercises. i blast the hell out of my biceps until i can barely bend my arms, with no pain.

here is how i recovered 100%....

taking the month off of lifting was key to the healing. all of my muscles needed time to recover, especially my tendons (all of them). i started doing negative bicep exercises (if you dont know what negatives are, google it.) i stayed very light still on the weight of curls. i iced my tendonitis everyday, twice a day. this was the BIGGEST thing in recovery. tendonitis is inflammation, icing it calms the inflamed tendons. i started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin twice a day. i started eating lots of fruits, vegetables, and nuts. getting nutrients from these foods was essential i believe. i took fish oil 3 times a day. i was patient. every time i was lifting bicep/back i wanted to push my limits and see if i could get my weight up faster but i had to resist this. i curled 15lb dumbbells in the gym for weeks (and it was very embarassing for a guy who shoulder presses 90lb dumbbells with ease). i stopped doing exercises that hurt. no more reverse-grip curls, no more hammer curls. my motto now is if an exercise hurts or doesnt feel quite right, i stop doing it immediately. no matter how much someone is yacking in your ear how its "THE BEST EXERCISE FOR MASS$@&*(!" its not worth injury.

i truly thought that i was stuck with this injury for the rest of my life and thought that it would impair my weightlifting forever. i spent a lot of time trying to find out how to recover from this injury, so i hope this can help people out there that are suffering from the same injury.

if i can answer any additional questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did it hurt at first to ice your tendonitis? Or did it feel good? Something is going on with my upper tricep tendon, it aches a lot. I thought it may be tendonitis, but when I ice it, my arm is hard to move and feels like when you sleep on it and it goes numb, you wake up and to move it you feel pain. The rest of the night the pain was horrible. Thanks.

Sport Nutritionist :) WannaBbig!'s Avatar
    WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WannaBbig! has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bring_the_mosh View Post
    i have been lifting weights for almost 7 years now. this past couple of years is when i really got serious about it. everything was going great until this last year i got bad tendonitis at the bottom of my bicep into my forearm. it progressively got worse and worse to the point where it hurt like hell to simply lift a pile of clothes from the laundry room. i thought i had done permanent damage and would be stuck with this injury for life, it was very depressing.

after lots of reading and researching, i came to the conclusion that i got this injury from doing certain exercises (hammer curls, reverse-grip curls, etc) that would always hurt while i was doing them, but i thought i just had to push through the pain to get growth. i finally stopped all lifting of bicep and back exercises. it still did not get better, so i made some appointments with the doctor and completely stopped lifting weights all together until my appointment (one full month.)

at first, the doctor told me to take a bunch of anti-inflammatory medicine for a week straight (aleve, aspirin, etc). i tried it, it did not work. he also told me to get back into lifting, just take it slow on bicep/back exercises.

i started lifting again, and i stayed very light on bicep exercises (were talking, curling 10lb dumbbells). it still did not improve. i lifted light for about 5 weeks, the most i was ever curling was 20lb dumbbells. pain still was throbbing.

as of now, my tendonitis is completely healed. i feel absolutely no pain at all, no matter what lifts im doing or what daily activities im doing. i am back to lifting as heavy as i can on bicep and back exercises. i blast the hell out of my biceps until i can barely bend my arms, with no pain.

taking the month off of lifting was key to the healing. all of my muscles needed time to recover, especially my tendons (all of them). i started doing negative bicep exercises (if you dont know what negatives are, google it.) i stayed very light still on the weight of curls. i iced my tendonitis everyday, twice a day. this was the BIGGEST thing in recovery. tendonitis is inflammation, icing it calms the inflamed tendons. i started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin twice a day. i started eating lots of fruits, vegetables, and nuts. getting nutrients from these foods was essential i believe. i took fish oil 3 times a day. i was patient. every time i was lifting bicep/back i wanted to push my limits and see if i could get my weight up faster but i had to resist this. i curled 15lb dumbbells in the gym for weeks (and it was very embarassing for a guy who shoulder presses 90lb dumbbells with ease). i stopped doing exercises that hurt. no more reverse-grip curls, no more hammer curls. my motto now is if an exercise hurts or doesnt feel quite right, i stop doing it immediately. no matter how much someone is yacking in your ear how its "THE BEST EXERCISE FOR MASS$@&*(!" its not worth injury.

i truly thought that i was stuck with this injury for the rest of my life and thought that it would impair my weightlifting forever. i spent a lot of time trying to find out how to recover from this injury, so i hope this can help people out there that are suffering from the same injury.

Cheers for your thoughts mate. I've started getting some tendonitis in my right forearm (my balancing arm in breakdancing).

The pain has gone down considerably since i stopped liftng as heavy on my bicep exercises (did cables instead of dumbells/barbells) and backing off on the freezes and holds on my right arm.

Problem is I HAVE to train my moves for bboying ( i have a contest coming up soon) so it'll have to be a trade off between gym training and bboying for now.

Repped.
    "This game, this iron warfare... S**t, it's all about progress and conquest. Bettering yourself, besting the weights, evolving at a constant, regular pace toward your ideal physique." - Animalpak.com

Fail to Plan...then Plan to Fail.

Dialene 4 review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=95389043#post95389043

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I have the same problem with tendonitis, its in the inside crease of my elbow (brochialis tendon). I saw my ortho today. We tried an injection a few months ago, but it did not work. He said this is a dangerous area.

He gave me similar advice to what you mention. No back/bicep work (or anything else that causes pain with this injury) for one month. Apply ice daily, take NSAIDs daily. After this, I'll ease back into very light lifting. If this fails, the ultimate treatment appears to be surgical.

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BTW how long did it take you to fully recover after that 1 month break?

bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) bring_the_mosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RyanGrob View Post
    Did it hurt at first to ice your tendonitis? Or did it feel good? Something is going on with my upper tricep tendon, it aches a lot. I thought it may be tendonitis, but when I ice it, my arm is hard to move and feels like when you sleep on it and it goes numb, you wake up and to move it you feel pain. The rest of the night the pain was horrible. Thanks.
    not sure if that would be similar to my tendonitis or not.. when i iced it, it numbed the area but was not painful at all. i didnt feel much of a difference with the icing until a week or so of doing it twice a day.. i would stick with it and see if you notice a difference, the good thing about icing is its only making things colder, so really whats the worst that could happen?

Originally Posted by FlyingIllini View Post
    I think I have the same problem with tendonitis, its in the inside crease of my elbow (brochialis tendon). I saw my ortho today. We tried an injection a few months ago, but it did not work. He said this is a dangerous area.

He gave me similar advice to what you mention. No back/bicep work (or anything else that causes pain with this injury) for one month. Apply ice daily, take NSAIDs daily. After this, I'll ease back into very light lifting. If this fails, the ultimate treatment appears to be surgical.
    i have no medical background or experience, but i would be weary of having surgery on something like this. unless there is a tendon that is torn, its really only a matter of inflammation. it takes a long time to notice results. my doc said that the problem with tendon issues is that tendons are made up of roughly 99% dead cells, so even when cells are being repaired, it takes much longer since only a tiny percent of those cells are repairing. have you tried the Glucosamine/Chondroitin? i tried Glucosamine/MSM for a while with very little results, but after i switched to the Chondroitin combination i noticed a big change (only problem with any Glucosamine product is that it takes 6+ weeks to really see a change so you must be patient) also, are you taking a month off of just bicep/back or all lifting?

ice whenever youre sitting at home watching tv or something, i would do about 20 minutes at a time. im assuming your injury is in the same place as mine.. it felt like it was right at the point where my lower bicep connected to my upper forearm, i couldnt even flex my bicep without feeling the pain.

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any specific fruits/vegetables? May seem odd, but I've been dealing with bicep tendonitis since March and now my tricep region is killing me. Thanks for the advice.

TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheBigEasy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey bro...nice read - thanks. i have had tendonitis in my elbow for years. The pain isn't to bad so I just pushed on. This week I got it really bad in my left bicep. It throbs and makes my fingers go numb. It hurts like hell even when I'm benching heavy weight. Does this sound familar? I just ordered myself some Super Cissus Rx. I plan on icing everyday, taking my Cissus, & fish oil.

Did you ever have pain benching? Just when I was starting to make awesome gains this happened.
    You're = You Are
    Your = Your protein. Your weight belt. Your gym bag.
    They're = They are
    There = Over there
    Their = Their book. Their car. Their ball.

throwitup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) throwitup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) throwitup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) throwitup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So how can this be prevented???? You seem pretty intelligent in this topic
    *April*
    160 lbs.
    benching max- 245 Dumbells 100's
    Leg Press-
    shrugs- 505-
    strait curl- 105
    Dead Lift- 400 (max)

Mace bell swing- 2 mins none stop 30 KG

Any specific fruits/vegetables? May seem odd, but I've been dealing with bicep tendonitis since March and now my tricep region is killing me. Thanks for the advice.
    not sure if the specifics matter or not, but ive stuck with brocolli, bananas, grapes, and green beans. and a gallon of water a day.

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ahhhh..thank you BringtheMosh. Im dealing with the same thing and was looking for advice. I noticed it 5 weeks ago and have been resting for the past 3 weeks...all lifting. Im going to lift legs starting this week, but hold off on upper body until it heals.

Did you lift light weight when...
    (a)The pain had decreased, but was still present?
    OR
    (b)No pain at all?

Sorry...for the test question...lol...just want to be clear

Do you know if stretching, heat(w ice), massaging are effective?

Seems like this is common after making some gains in muscle... tendons take longer to adapt????

Originally Posted by TheBigEasy88 View Post
    Hey bro...nice read - thanks. i have had tendonitis in my elbow for years. The pain isn't to bad so I just pushed on. This week I got it really bad in my left bicep. It throbs and makes my fingers go numb. It hurts like hell even when I'm benching heavy weight. Does this sound familar? I just ordered myself some Super Cissus Rx. I plan on icing everyday, taking my Cissus, & fish oil.

Did you ever have pain benching? Just when I was starting to make awesome gains this happened.
    its funny you say that because AFTER i had by bad bicep/forearm tendonitis, i started to feel it in my lowest area of my tricep (basically, the elbow) when i did things like incline french presses and anything where my arm was bending back more than 90 degrees. by this time, i had learned my lesson and changed any exercise where i felt pain before it got bad. i just focused on exercises that i could do that didnt hurt at all (rope extensions, kickbacks, close-grip bench press, cable stuff, etc).. i think one of the most important things is listening to your body, if you feel a pain or a strain dont keep doing it because it will only get worse. after i stopped doing any tricep movement that hurt, i let the inflammation heal up and got back into those lifts again.. in fact my favorite tricep exercise now is the incline french press.. no pain anymore.

one thing you might also try are those straps that band around your upper forearm(s). a guy suggested them to me and i lifted with them for a while, they are specifically for tennis elbow. what they do is, hold the tendons down and in place while youre exerting the muscles surrounding those tendons. i cant be sure if those helped or if it was all the other things i was doing, but they are cheap so its definitely worth a shot. they didnt help with my bicep/forearm issues at all, but i would venture to say they probably helped my tricep issues.

Originally Posted by throwitup View Post
    So how can this be prevented???? You seem pretty intelligent in this topic
    looking back on it all from the very beginnings of the pain, through the worst part, and into the total recovery from it i truly believe that if i had just listened to my body i could have prevented it. when i did the certain exercises that caused pain, i knew it was hurting but i thought i could push through it. i thought if i kept doing those lifts my muscles would finally get used to them. the condition my tendons finally got to was not an overnight injury, it was from ignoring my body and irritating them everytime i did the lifts that hurt. like i said before, no matter how much people on here go on and on about how the "____________ lift is the BEST LIFT EVER!" if it doesnt feel right to you or causes weird pain, dont do it.

just the other day i decided to switch one of my bicep exercises to an incline dumbbell curl.. i did 1 set of 10 and it hurt to do. i moved right along to finding another exercise instead.

again, i dont have medical experience or anything, but in all honesty after hearing LOTS of medical advice i can pretty confidently say that most doctors and average medical practitioners dont have a damn clue about injuries that are related to bodybuilding.

i think there are 2 reasons for this; one is that they do not understand the mental mindset of people who are lifting weights with a bodybuilding goal in mind. the answer i kept hearing from doctors was "just stop lifting as heavy of weights" or "just take 6 months off from the gym and see how you feel" if you are at all like me, youre not going to take 6 months off for the chance that MAYBE it will heal it. they dont understand the amount of committment and the total lifestyle that goes with bodybuilding.

secondly, i dont think there are many cases they come across that are tendonitis issues from lifting heavy weights daily like we do. unlike other tendonitis issues, ours arent caused from work-related tasks or from golfing.

one of my doctors summed it up best when he said that with tendonitis issues like mine, "the recovery process is more art than science." you just have to find out what works best for you, there is no specific method or way to heal it for everyone, listen to your body.

Originally Posted by heidt410 View Post
    Ahhhh..thank you BringtheMosh. Im dealing with the same thing and was looking for advice. I noticed it 5 weeks ago and have been resting for the past 3 weeks...all lifting. Im going to lift legs starting this week, but hold off on upper body until it heals.

Did you lift light weight when...
    (a)The pain had decreased, but was still present?
    OR
    (b)No pain at all?

Sorry...for the test question...lol...just want to be clear

Do you know if stretching, heat(w ice), massaging are effective?

Seems like this is common after making some gains in muscle... tendons take longer to adapt????

i lifted very light once the pain had decreased.. i would say that if its only in your bicep/forearm, you can probably lift your chest, tricep, shoulders, legs since they do not hit your tendons like a bicep or back exercise would. stretching would definitely be a good idea. i dont know about heat, for me i only stuck with icing it. tried massaging, didnt help at all. make sure to start on Glucosamine/Chondroitin as soon as you can because it takes 6+ weeks to notice results from it.

and yes you are corret about that last part.. your muscles develop and grow much much faster than your tendons do. its like if you took the engine out of a Ferrari and put it into a rusted 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. The Ferrari engine has the power to make the car do 200mph and drive like crazy, but all of the supporting parts and frame of the Beetle would crumble before it ever got to that speed. Just because your muscles feel like a Ferrari when youre having great gains, make sure that everything surrounding and supporting that engine have enough time to strengthen too.

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i lifted very light once the pain had decreased.. i would say that if its only in your bicep/forearm, you can probably lift your chest, tricep, shoulders, legs since they do not hit your tendons like a bicep or back exercise would.
    Yeah, I just wanted to rest for a bit after lifting on it for two weeks...I could tell it was getting worse.

Lifting dumbells up for presses aggravated it too as well as some tricep lifts...even close grip bench hurt...so I just figured it was a good time of the year to relax. Did a little traveling.

But now Im anxious to slowly get back into my routine...the pain has subsided but is still present. Im going to see if the pain can completely subside before I resume.

youre lucky in that it doesnt sound like yours has gotten too bad yet. i would ice it whenever your sitting on the couch and you will be golden.

Been taking your advice for the past couple days and already its the best it has felt in 8 months. Thanks for this helpful thread!

Been taking your advice for the past couple days and already its the best it has felt in 8 months. Thanks for this helpful thread!
    thats awesome man, just stick with it and be patient. it will definitely be worth the wait in the end.

svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000) svh19044 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have/had the same problem. It feels like my inner elbow/forearm (underside). I couldn't figure out the exact excercise that was giving me pain, though I realized that the lat pull downs were giving me the most pain.

Holding my arm in the true hammer curl position doesn't hurt, but when I rotate my forearm so that I am looking at my finger nails, it's painful to do the curl movement. I'll have to stop doing hammer curls for a little I guess (no curls at all) if this is the same tendon, though I don't feel pain while doing it. It's more like a constant soreness. But when I stopped the lat pull downs, it did get better, and now it's not getting worse. It's just staying at the same pain thresh hold (which honestly is just a weak soreness).

Thanks for sharing! Rest seems to cure almost everything.

oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50) oneeightyseven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have or had tendonitis in my wrist for a year. The doctor first had me use anti-inflammatory's, next was an injection of cortisone. During this time i was in a splint and have been off and on. i stopped lifting for months at a time and no matter what i did it wouldnt heal. anyway i just had surgery about a month ago and the tendonitis feels as though it has healed although i wouldnt stake my life on it. hopefully i'll get to lift in a couple weeks

in conclusion, tendonitis sucks.

I really think hammer curls is what caused mine...you never do those anymore?

I dont want to stop doing that lift if I can...

Originally Posted by heidt410 View Post
    I really think hammer curls is what caused mine...you never do those anymore?

I dont want to stop doing that lift if I can...

my forearms and tendons have never felt better but i wont touch a hammer curl. i lift with 100% power on my bicep/back days, feeling no pain at all. i have considered trying hammer curls and reverse curls again, but then i just think to myself "if it aint broke, dont fix it." i should just be happy i can do every other lift without feeling pain. bodybuilding is more art than science, you can get the exact same results without doing exercises that other people did to get their results.

bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have tender "lumps" on my forearm near elbow. They don't hurt and I don't usually notice them unless I try to massage them. My strength is not affected and they don't hurt during exercise as well. Is that related to tendinitis as well? Do you know how to deal with it?

HUMANBEAR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Man I know exactly how you felt, I'm going through this right now, it's been going on for a very long time, the ice and blood flow after a warm up set help alot, but I need to lay off the heavy curls, which like you said is very hard to do.
    "Come on lets get serious" - Arnold

scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50) scratchx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, I'm going through the exact same thing and it seems like a bunch of other people are as well. I've had mine for a few months now and I'm just finishing my XF cycle, which increases inflammation and does not help anything. I'll be glad when I'm done my cycle (1 week) and will probably shut down all bicep/back exercises for a couple weeks and then take a month off.

Thanks for the helpful post, I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from it.

mistashady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hav ethe same type of pain but its my forearm/tricep. does glucosamine really help?

tallbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist Tendonitis & Bicep/Elbow Tendonitis

My name is Alan and I want to thank bring_the_mosh for this very informative thread...I have searched the internet for long long hours and I think his is the best...Even over doctors advice...Doctors just want to get you in the office and take your money to tell you you need cortison shots or surgery....I think sugery or shots are the last thing you should do...The shots actually will weaken the tendon if you get to many.

So here is my story...I am 36 and have been working out off and on since 14...I am 5' 8" 175 and very muscular..I beat elbow tendonitis once and am now dealing with wrist tendonitis right now. I am the type of person that panics if I do not workout...I feel guily and yells at everyone because I am so depressed. I am addicted to working out.

Here is my first bout with tendonitios..I thought I could work through the pain like everyone does at first..I tried wrapping it then I tried icing in between workouts however it just continued to get worse each workout...I stoped doing curls and still tried to workout everything else and it wouldnt get better...As much as I hated to I had to stop working out. I wanted to kill myself man...I thought life was over...The worst part is I have a big home gym so my workout partners would come over and workout and I had to sit there and watch with ice on my elbow....But I took 3 weeks of completely and each day I noticed it getting a little better...The day I could not take no more I could not lift a pencil...The next day I could...Then few days later I could brush my teeth...I waited until I could do everything and move my arm in every spot it use to hurt in and feel absolutely no pain...Thats your body saying ok now I am healed...If you start back to soon you will waste all the time you took off and double your recovery time...Listen to your body and it will tell you when it is ready.

Sum up I took 3 weeks off and took Glucosamine and eased back into it with light weight and slow reps. Your body will tell you when its ready so listen to it not some doctor that is trying to scam money out of you.

I know I developed my elbow/bicep tendonitis from working out with alot bigger bodybuider who was loud and thinks you have to go super super heavy to grow...Yes heavy makes you grow but I was letting him pick the weight I did and not what my body was telling me was ok to lift....a true rep should take 3 seconds which is very slow...Use lighter weight do not jerk and feel the burn (Growth) by slowing down with a tad bit lighter weight...screw the actual weight...its the intesity with which you lift!

Here is what I at 36 am dealing with now...I was working out for 9 months straight then took 5 months off and started back again and into my 4th month I started to feel a pain in my wrist...Especially when I turn is like a cork screw...I tried using a wrist strap and wrist brace but nothing helped...So I tried icing and nothing so I read where I should not do upright rows , hammer curls, reverse curls, close grip bench press, or incline flys...So I removed all those from my routines and it felt a little better for a week or two but as my lifting countinued it eventually continued to get worse..So here is what I have done thanks to bring_the_mosh and my own past experience..I am on day 13 of absolutely no working out...I went from not being able to lift a pencil to doing everything I normally do however even at day 13 I still feel pain if I put my hand in the position of holding a mouse and push down on the mouse with pressure I feel a little pain...That pain right there is my body saying not yet...So as much as my old 36 year old addicted self wants to workout I am not going too...I am going to wait until there is no pain then wait 1 week after that then ease back into working out...I will remove all the above exercises I mentioned and wrap my wrist...I will only do barbell exercises so my wrists and not bending alot...You break your wrists alot with dumbells...Just picking them up and down off the rack is awkward on the wrist tendons if the dumbells are heavy....Once completely healed I will use dumbells again..I will repost in about 3 weeks to let everyone know how my working out again is coming along.

I am very scared on this one because now I am older at 36 and It hurts in the mouse position and I have been using computers every day for 10 years straight...I hope its not carpal...I dont think it is because of the way its getting better...Anyone else has any input please post.

Thank you bring_the_mosh for taking the time to share your experience with us

Alan

Originally Posted by mistashady View Post
    i hav ethe same type of pain but its my forearm/tricep. does glucosamine really help?
    i tried 2 combinations of Glucosamine.. first i tried about 2-3 months of Glucosamine/MSM. i didnt really notice much of a difference with this. then i tried Glucosamine/Chondroitin. i noticed a very significant difference with this combination. so i asked my brother (who is a pharmacist) and he said that many people believe it is in fact the Chondroitin that helps the most, rather than the Glucosamine.

Glucosamines are pretty expensive, but if you have a Costco membership you can get it there for a reasonable price. anyone who is into bodybuilding should get a costco membership anyway, so much of the foods you need are there for cheap prices, the membership fee will pay for itself after the first couple of trips there.

one more thing i cant stress enough, though, is that when i say Glucosamine/Chondroitin helped a lot, or icing helped a lot, or whatever else i used.. the important thing to remember is that none of these things helped ALONE. it was a combination of all of these measures together that cured me, not one specific thing. even though i completely believein the Glucosamine/Chondroitin blend, i do not believe that it would have cured my tendonitis without my doing everything else that i did along with taking it.

Originally Posted by tallbox View Post
    My name is Alan and I want to thank bring_the_mosh for this very informative thread...I have searched the internet for long long hours and I think his is the best...Even over doctors advice...Doctors just want to get you in the office and take your money to tell you you need cortison shots or surgery....I think sugery or shots are the last thing you should do...The shots actually will weaken the tendon if you get to many.

So here is my story...I am 36 and have been working out off and on since 14...I am 5' 8" 175 and very muscular..I beat elbow tendonitis once and am now dealing with wrist tendonitis right now. I am the type of person that panics if I do not workout...I feel guily and yells at everyone because I am so depressed. I am addicted to working out.

Here is my first bout with tendonitios..I thought I could work through the pain like everyone does at first..I tried wrapping it then I tried icing in between workouts however it just continued to get worse each workout...I stoped doing curls and still tried to workout everything else and it wouldnt get better...As much as I hated to I had to stop working out. I wanted to kill myself man...I thought life was over...The worst part is I have a big home gym so my workout partners would come over and workout and I had to sit there and watch with ice on my elbow....But I took 3 weeks of completely and each day I noticed it getting a little better...The day I could not take no more I could not lift a pencil...The next day I could...Then few days later I could brush my teeth...I waited until I could do everything and move my arm in every spot it use to hurt in and feel absolutely no pain...Thats your body saying ok now I am healed...If you start back to soon you will waste all the time you took off and double your recovery time...Listen to your body and it will tell you when it is ready.

Sum up I took 3 weeks off and took Glucosamine and eased back into it with light weight and slow reps. Your body will tell you when its ready so listen to it not some doctor that is trying to scam money out of you.

I know I developed my elbow/bicep tendonitis from working out with alot bigger bodybuider who was loud and thinks you have to go super super heavy to grow...Yes heavy makes you grow but I was letting him pick the weight I did and not what my body was telling me was ok to lift....a true rep should take 3 seconds which is very slow...Use lighter weight do not jerk and feel the burn (Growth) by slowing down with a tad bit lighter weight...screw the actual weight...its the intesity with which you lift!

Here is what I at 36 am dealing with now...I was working out for 9 months straight then took 5 months off and started back again and into my 4th month I started to feel a pain in my wrist...Especially when I turn is like a cork screw...I tried using a wrist strap and wrist brace but nothing helped...So I tried icing and nothing so I read where I should not do upright rows , hammer curls, reverse curls, close grip bench press, or incline flys...So I removed all those from my routines and it felt a little better for a week or two but as my lifting countinued it eventually continued to get worse..So here is what I have done thanks to bring_the_mosh and my own past experience..I am on day 13 of absolutely no working out...I went from not being able to lift a pencil to doing everything I normally do however even at day 13 I still feel pain if I put my hand in the position of holding a mouse and push down on the mouse with pressure I feel a little pain...That pain right there is my body saying not yet...So as much as my old 36 year old addicted self wants to workout I am not going too...I am going to wait until there is no pain then wait 1 week after that then ease back into working out...I will remove all the above exercises I mentioned and wrap my wrist...I will only do barbell exercises so my wrists and not bending alot...You break your wrists alot with dumbells...Just picking them up and down off the rack is awkward on the wrist tendons if the dumbells are heavy....Once completely healed I will use dumbells again..I will repost in about 3 weeks to let everyone know how my working out again is coming along.

I am very scared on this one because now I am older at 36 and It hurts in the mouse position and I have been using computers every day for 10 years straight...I hope its not carpal...I dont think it is because of the way its getting better...Anyone else has any input please post.

Thank you bring_the_mosh for taking the time to share your experience with us

Alan

thank you very much Alan. i really felt that i needed to create this post because there was no good information available on healing tendonitis for bodybuilders. like you, when i was suffering from it, i searched for hours and hours on the internet for advice. however, it seemed like there was a million pages of people suffering from the same thing, but no information on how to heal it?! it was absolutely frustrating.

while i have no medical background, i felt that the medical advice i was getting from doctors was not beneficial to me. i remember sitting in the doctors room one time and i was explaining the whole thing to him, and i said how i stopped lifting any bicep or back exercises because bicep movement hurt it so bad and he goes "but why did you stop the back exercises?" and i was sitting there wondering how any advice from him was going to benefit me when he didnt even understand how much bicep work is involved in back lifts.

one important thing ive learned is that with tendon repairing, the 3 most important factors are: time, time, and consistency. they take tons of time to heal and people get frustrated when they dont get cured within a week. everyone wants a quick fix and it just wont happen. peoples' tendonitis didnt happen overnight, so they cant expect it to be cured overnight.

again, thanks so much for your appreciation of the thread i am glad i can help.