climb21cj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sick after Protein shake/creatine intake

I was taking a muscle blast shake after my workouts, actually about 30 minutes after my workout, and about 20 minutes after i take my creatine. This shake is just protein, its got lots of other stuff, mostly just high calories(picked it up at gnc). after i take this shake i cant eat anything for at least an hour, or its coming back up, so i quit taking it for a while cause i like to eat real food after working out hard.

I haven't been able to figure out what it is that is bothering me, but when i went to gnc and got some whey 1850, it was twice as bad(getting sick).

i took that stuff backand got my refund, but i am not sure what is making me sick. could the creatine not be dissolving quick enough, and just sitting in my stomach, or would that even matter when the shake is dumped on it, by the way i use 2%milk with my shake, and it comes out to be about 18 oz of shake.

i dont want to the shake because i need the cals(high metob), any of you geniuses have any ideas, id appreciate it

Baggio20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whey from the 1850's!! man thats an old jug of protein!!

Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Freyr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you are working out hard early in the morning, it would be harder to keep a big dairy shot down.

If you were not taking shakes b4, it might just be a case of getting used to it.

If you have not taken creatine before, stomach upset is possible, but unlikely in a shake.

Good luck.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie!

ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    throw 5g of pure creatine in a "good" protein shake like nlarge2 or 100% whey and drink 10min post-workout. you may have bad products but most likely your body is getting used to the new intake. just eat really really good, food is your best supplement, eat ya fruits and veggies, and plenty of rest. you'll pass over it.
    Thermolife International | Driven by Excellence | When Quality Meets Innovation

"Friends come and go but 200lb will always be 200lb." - Henry Rollins

kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all DRINK IT SLOWLY if you are getting sick!!!
    Don't drink a lot of water during your workout. Drink just enough to keep you hydrated but not bloated from it.
    Something else that could be bothering you is the lactate in the protein/milk ...are you lactose intolernt?

Hope that helped.
    Last edited by kris4153; 08-28-2002 at 01:10 PM.
    The Seminoles of Florida State!
    F-L-O-R-I-D-A......S-T-A-T-E
    FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!!
    Woooooooooooooooo!!!!

2005 ACC CHAMPIONS
    2006 Emerald Bowl CHAMPIONS

Mr_Scribblez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might be Lactose Intolerent, because I am lactose intolerent and certain proteins that are high in lactose make me sick and throw up. N-Large2 is the only protein/gainer that doesnt make me sick, doesnt even give me an upset stomach or diahera.

Try some N-Large2 and that might help, I also take dairy digestive pills with my shakes that helps too.

Thanks for the help, the water sounds like it might be a possibility. I usually drink 32oz during my workout, and anther 24 oz with my creatine after, then about 15 min later i drink my shake. This used to never bother me, just in the last few months, so i quit taken the shakes, just started taking them again lately.

my mom is lactose intolerant, so maybe i should find out if i am, but wouldn't i know, i love milk, and drink it alot, and it doesn't bother me.

i apppreciate the help guys

wannabebig21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the only problem that i see is that you have PUSSY syndrome!
    We be, and thats all hes did. But thats good, thats why we free. But free aint easy, its real, and real is a motherfugger

simzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to hardly drink much milk now i cant stop, especially after working out, could see a problem when i come to cut!

Originally posted by wannabebig21
    the only problem that i see is that you have PUSSY syndrome!

yeah i do, ur mom wont leave me alone, and yes, its starting to make me sick

TPRES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Climb, dude it is the whey protein that is messing you up. This is a topic that Ihave discussed before. Try getting a blended protein that has cassein and or egg and mix it with your whey. Then shoot for no more than 20 grams of whey, and you will be fine. A good blend that John Benz uses is 50% cassein and 50% whey. Good luck pm me if you have any questions.

tpres,

i have heard of whey and egg, but not of cassien, where can i get this, gnc?, health foods?, thanks for the tip, im gonna look for this stuff

TPRES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I buy my stuff at **************.com, but there are some good commercial powders available that are already blended proteins. Pro m3 comes to mind, optimum has two good blends, and Met-rx has awsome protein, just a little expensive. Check at protein factory though, I think they have the best prices and a good quality product.

John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000)
    climb21cj,

A really intense workout puts enough stress on your body that you will you often get nauseous to the point of puking, regardless of protein. A protein shake an hour before my workout (blend) helps some. After an extreme leg workout, if I get so sick I have to lie down for about 15 minutes before driving home, I feel satisfied I got in a productive workout. Don't drink 32 oz water during your workout; this will make you far more nauseous. Just drink a mouthful or two. Finally, if you drink milk, and it doesn't bother you, you are obviously not lactose intolerant.

Baggio20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by climb21cj

yeah i do, ur mom wont leave me alone, and yes, its starting to make me sick
    LOL!