SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How much fat can you lose in 7 weeks?

I'm going on holiday in 7 weeks (17th) and NEED to cut up (going to bahamas with a girl, usual story). My physique is ok, I've actually got quite a lot of muscle mass, but I would say I'm also around 14-15% bodyfat. It's hard to describe a physique perfectly so I've attached some pictures for your amusement.

What I would like to know is this: How much fat can you lose in 7 weeks? I really don't care about retention of muscle, of course it's important because the more you retain, the more cut you look, but I don't want to sacrifice fat loss for muscle retention, if you catch my drift.

Any responses will be repped at least once, also any advice on training will be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of doing my usual lifting routine (gym 4x split) adding in some general cardio sessions, as well as some interval ones. However, I'm stuck on ideas for interval sessions, and my schedule is pretty chaotic. I work 5 days a week, each day is 8 hour shifts. outside of that I work on other things, but this is my primary focus.

I was thinking of doing something like the velocity diet WITH 1 meal a day added in at breakfast, and then for the last 28 days doing the full on velocity diet. Would this be the best route to getting cut quickly? I really am willing to do whatever it takes.

Thanks for reading, multiple reps for any helpful responses =)

*NOTE* Having trouble getting pics up, so to let you know, abs arn't really showing, only slight 'dimples' around the outside and dimples for the top 2, but not flat abs. I'm 6"2, probably about 190lb's or so, and like I said, around 14-15% bodyfat.
    Last edited by SurfOnSilver; 11-04-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    by the way, anyone who knows of some impressive 7-week transformation pics to help motivate me feel free =D
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    seven weeks, without losing mass could be between 7-14 pounds. Thats the healthy rate. 1-2lbs/week.

FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FGCUCody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh, and im not a big fan of the velocity diet because i couldn't do whole no meals thing. I realize you can lose more weight or whatever but I find it better to eat solid foods. with 14-15% bf you could be down to low enough to see your abs, without looking like a stick after a hardcore cut. I would stick to the solid foods, although I'm sure lots of people are going to disagree with me.

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if u want to make it primarily fat then id say about 15-20 tops. unless you do the v-diet, then id say about 25-28
    SC: BKing1024

Originally Posted by bking10 View Post
    if u want to make it primarily fat then id say about 15-20 tops. unless you do the v-diet, then id say about 25-28
    Would you lose slightly more fat with the velocity diet, along with muscle? Or just muscle do you reckon?

pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pfunk880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    10-20 lbs.

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SurfOnSilver View Post
    Would you lose slightly more fat with the velocity diet, along with muscle? Or just muscle do you reckon?
    im not a 100% sure but i think its mostly fat.

george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is u manage to lose 25 pounds witrh velocity, if u do it right then u prob lose 1-2lbs muscle, 3-5 pounds water, rest would b fat. but some ppl say if u follow diet exactly there wont b any muscle loss or very minimal..

i think its mostly fat, supplement with some BCAAs if you go that route. You still get enough cals and proteins to maintain mass, its just a pain to keep up.

gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10) gbalzac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    check that out for a 30 day cut...pretty impressive what the guy did...granted he lost some mass but if you've got some to burn and just want to get cut up right now below is worth a shot 17lbs. in 30 days

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2583541

kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10) kondor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FGCUCody View Post
    seven weeks, without losing mass could be between 7-14 pounds. Thats the healthy rate. 1-2lbs/week.
    Bingo. i hit about 8lbs of fat lost and 4lb of lean added in about that time zone. I reckon if i had not tried to go super slow I could have managed 14Lb loss with 0 lean gained.
    Sometimes the "w" key does not work proper. If my post does not make sense this might be the reason. Or maybe its just not making sense.

Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Adina has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it's impossible to say how much you could lose, because there are factors you just can't control. You can boost your metablism, fuel your metabolism, but you can't control it absolutely.

I say...bleachers and sprints are what you need. They kicked my loss into high gear for sure!

Could I do something like the velocity diet for up to 7 weeks, maybe for the first few having a solid meal (oats) in the morning perhaps? I don't want to diet hard for 4 weeks then fck it all up 3 weeks before the trip!

Could I do something like the velocity diet for up to 7 weeks, maybe for the first few having a solid meal (oats) in the morning perhaps? I don't want to diet hard for 4 weeks then fck it all up 3 weeks before the trip!
    do it for 4 weeks, transition out for 1-2, then the last week do a normal 500 cal def. u want to start with the v diet so ur metabolism is high

Originally Posted by bking10 View Post
    do it for 4 weeks, transition out for 1-2, then the last week do a normal 500 cal def. u want to start with the v diet so ur metabolism is high
    thanks =)

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It might all look good on paper, you know with the 1-2lbs fat loss a week but when you get to those low bodyfat levels (<10-11% in men) even with proper dieting and training, its gonna be an all-out war with your body to lose that same amount of fat....
    risk nothing, gain nothing

Originally Posted by Mourning Tide View Post
    It might all look good on paper, you know with the 1-2lbs fat loss a week but when you get to those low bodyfat levels (<10-11% in men) even with proper dieting and training, its gonna be an all-out war with your body to lose that same amount of fat....
    I'm not expecting it to be easy, but as long as I'm in a caloric deficit, with a good macro's ratio and hard and smart training, it's a war I'll win =)