BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

L-Arganine/L-Orthinine dosage Q?

I've never taken any type of N02/L-Arganine supp before, but i read on here that people were getting great pumps simply buy purchasing the NOW L-Arganine/L-Orthinine stack, so i thought i'd give it a try.

I dont know if your size matters, but im 5'11 and 220lbs 22 yrs old. I've been taking one dose of 3g L-Arganine and 1.5 L-Orthinine 1 hr before my workout. And I would say the pumps have increased slightly, but not as much as i felt it was "hyped" to be. I usually eat my pre-workout meal of whole wheat pasta and meat sauce about this time. Do I HAVE to take it on any empty stomach, is this why i feel as though its not working as well? Should I take more, like 4/2 g pre-workout or even add another dosing earlier in the day? Any suggestions/tips appreciated.
    RAW ELITE OR DIE

1603 @ 242, raw (4-16-16)

"You can be 175 pounds SHREDDED, but with a T shirt on you just look like a skinny *******" - Mark Ripptoe

beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10) beau_zo_brehm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BigLarge
    I've never taken any type of N02/L-Arganine supp before, but i read on here that people were getting great pumps simply buy purchasing the NOW L-Arganine/L-Orthinine stack, so i thought i'd give it a try.

I dont know if your size matters, but im 5'11 and 220lbs 22 yrs old. I've been taking one dose of 3g L-Arganine and 1.5 L-Orthinine 1 hr before my workout. And I would say the pumps have increased slightly, but not as much as i felt it was "hyped" to be. I usually eat my pre-workout meal of whole wheat pasta and meat sauce about this time. Do I HAVE to take it on any empty stomach, is this why i feel as though its not working as well? Should I take more, like 4/2 g pre-workout or even add another dosing earlier in the day? Any suggestions/tips appreciated.
    i think 6/3 g on an empty stomach pre workout is what's been working.

Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magnetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigLarge

I'm not entirely certain how others are dosing the combination. However, it is beneficial to take it on an empty stomach. Competitive amino acids can inhibit the full effect of A/O. Also, the study listed below used an even lower dosage than yours and yielded significant findings. Although, whether a dose-dependent relationship exists has yet to be determined. My personal assumption is that it might be bodyweight dependent.

If no one is able to guide you further, you may want to consider experimental doses on yourself. It would be timing consuming, but worthwhile. For example, perform a 3-7 day washout period during which you do not consume additional A/O. Then, take it on an empty stomach at your original dose for 7-10 days and see how you respond. Discontinue use and washout for another 3-7 days before trying 2X the original dose for another 7-10 days. You'll be able to compare how you personally respond at various doses.

J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1989 Mar;29(1):52-6.

Effects of arginine and ornithine on strength, lean body mass and urinary hydroxyproline in adult males.

Elam RP, Hardin DH, Sutton RA, Hagen L.

Twenty-two adult males participated in a 5 week progressive strength training program. One half the subjects received the amino acids L-arginine and L-ornithine and the other half, a placebo. The study used a double blind protocol so that subjects as well as investigators had no knowledge of which substances were being administered. Dosages amounted to 2 grams or 1 gram each of L-arginine and L-ornithine, and 600 mg of calcium and 1 gram of Vitamin C as placebos. These supplements were taken orally for a total of 25 administrations. Following the short term strength program using progressively high intensities, tests were taken for total strength (TS), lean body mass (LBM) and urinary hydroxyproline (UH). The results from ANOVA showed that subjects who were taking the arginine-ornithine combination scored significantly higher in TS and LBM (p less than .05), and significantly lower in UH (p less than .05), than subjects on placebos. It was concluded that arginine and ornithine taken in prescribed doses can, in conjunction with a high intensity strength training program, increase TS and LBM in a relatively short period of time. Arginine and ornithine also aid in recovery from chronic stress by quelling tissue breakdown as evidenced by lower UH levels.

Publication Types:
    Clinical Trial
    Controlled Clinical Trial

Hope that helps.

perfectscore10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile nutrition

I have tried 20 l-arginine, just before sleep on an empty stomach. I wake up without body pains from the day before.(I know that it replaces semen but you should any either "keep it locked")
    You will need a multi-vitamin, and maybe some joint complex. I had heard that that amount of L-arganine would make some people grow(I might do, but if not sure have a graet day with training).
    GABA can be used after training to help with study etc. L-dopa combined with it also.
    Super foods good. Super foods are high-energy foods. Goji berry, spirulina, other berries vegetable juices (spirulina will cure up 89% of alzimers, + rosemary, + at leased 4 veg juices a week with real sunlight in there eyes and light or heavy exercise, if they are old maybe light to begin with)etc.
    L-glutamine at 30 because it starts to deplete in the late twenties, two grams to begin with, and build up over the years until 45, you will still need L-arginine, L-dopa, and or super foods, at 45 when you will need PABA also, until 60, then you will need some high testosterone also with some kind of product like "Instone" products, one of them is around 212% extra testosterone, to help muscle growth You will have been trying some of the testosterone increasers along the road.
    I have heard that lots of l-dopa will help your memory grow.
    40g of L-dopa when you are young.
    But at 60 you might need 55g instead, I have heard that at eighty, it could take as much (as 55g three times a day for two days, then 55g, every three days for two weeks, then the 55g x1 or x3 every two weeks or two months, depending on yourself. You would never need that amount at in these early years.)
    Between 70-80 you could try:
    L-Tyrosine is used to treat conditions including depression or mood disorder, poor coping ability, fatigue, low sex drive, low metabolism, and drug abuse (when combined with Tryptophan). It can also improve endurance under stress and is effective as an appetite suppressant. When taken properly, L-Tyrosine can assist a sluggish thyroid and aid the dieter in losing excess, unwanted pounds. Goji will make you younger and help you live longer hopefully. Whole foods have everything the body needs, The spice rack might have it, The organic food store will have, and plenty of water to keep the cells functioning correctly. A 2% drop in water may reduce cell functions by up to 80%, beer and caffeine will dehydrate you and impair your concentration.
    Try a new activity every 3 months, you will learn more, why not every two weeks.
    If that doesn?t work?....
    I am a vegan, I support prevention of cruelty to animals and people, maybe even trees.
    I have just completed two month of training without l-arginine, to learn more with other foods and to get varied diet, mot much water either, man am I stiff, just ginseng Flor Essence, and Soya protein isolate, goji , and spirulina.
    You get the idea lots of power foods and still the muscles are a bit sore. My flexibility was not as brilliant as I wanted before I stopped the L-arganine two month ago. So I have built up some negative muscle memory(dance muscle fibres, and possibly high levels of lactic acid to boot), I do have a viridian joint complex in there nom and I wish to do contortion. Not everyone has to trick his or her body to change, but I try it for a while, I was not too hard on myself. I am sure you will think of many interesting ways to change, also.
    I did what is called cold training for the two months but with the goji berry I would not call it cold.
    Patrick Holford is a nutritionist with a lot of good books on nutritition.
    They have berries for you eyes and heart etc. in the organic food store.
    For when we have all aged a little.
    Vegan women look better anyway!
    Good luck.
    Perfectscore10

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    These amino's can contribute to height increase through GH release. Could anyone suggest a dosage for this effect for a 20 y/o male?

zmal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

help rendered

okay, when taking arginine it has been proven optimal levels range from 5 grams through ten grams per dose. More than 10 grams at any give time has shown to cause stomach problems, like tummy aches and worse. Arginine should also be taken on a completely empty stomach and with a decent ammount of water, or a beverage with electrolytes. Personally I`d say six grams of arginine and three grams of orthinine would be suffecient.

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zmal View Post
    okay, when taking arginine it has been proven optimal levels range from 5 grams through ten grams per dose. More than 10 grams at any give time has shown to cause stomach problems, like tummy aches and worse. Arginine should also be taken on a completely empty stomach and with a decent ammount of water, or a beverage with electrolytes. Personally I`d say six grams of arginine and three grams of orthinine would be suffecient.
    You bumped a thread from 2005.... and you did so with outdated information.... weird?
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583