tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) tylerblue will become famous soon enough. (+50)

TWO rest days good enough??

I submitted a proposed workout split to my brother, a personal trainer in Seattle, and he responded with this. I wanted to see everyone's opinion about two days of rest being enough. I normally am not ready to lift that same muscle group 2 days after lifting it the first time....

The E-mail:
    --------------------------------

I wouldn't recommend it to one of my clients, splits are too big, too much time between major muscle groups...where'd you find this? The two rest days are fine though

- Hide quoted text -

Tyler Blue <tyler.blue@gmail.com> wrote:

Kev,
    Is this split ok? HIIT = interval training

Day 1: Chest & HIIT
    Day 2: Back and Hamstrings & HIIT
    Day 3: Light Abs, Forearms, HIIT
    Day 4: Shoulders, Triceps, & HIIT
    Day 5: Quads, Biceps, Heavy Abs
    Day 6: HIIT / Calves / Traps
    Day 7: Light Abs/ HIIT

-----------------------------------------------------
    Height/Weight: 5'11" Weight: Don't want to know
    Maintenance Training

Registered User collegelifter85's Avatar
    collegelifter85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collegelifter85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collegelifter85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collegelifter85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collegelifter85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    few things:

- i don't think you should have a day for just abs and forearms

- i wouldn't suggest splitting up legs

-you only need two days of rest

i do

chest/tri's/shoulders
    back/bi's
    legs/abs

trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What I don't like about that split is you are taking days to do such small things like abs and forearms. Just throw that in at the end of a workout and use the day for rest. I don't even see two rest days, you are doing stuff every day of the week. That's not good.

Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hate people who follow the single factor school of thought.

YOU cannot overtrain for at least 3-4 weeks