Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry shoulder injury-won't go away please help

In mid may my left shoulder started bothering me so I did what I thought was right and decided to rest completely. Well I haven't worked out since (a total rest of a few months) and the shoulder still constantly bugs me. I have taken anti inflammatories iced it glucosamine all that stuff. I had an mri yesterday and the doc says its just tendonitis and I need physical therapy. Unfortunately, I can't afford that. I found some rotator exercises on here but I'm not sure if it's ok to do them when I'm still hurting and how often etc. Could anyone who has had rehab for their shoulder post a sort of plan to help me do it myself? Also, you guys think I can start lifting again now? I know I can do cardio, legs and abs, but what do you think about some upper body stuff? I figure nothing I have done so far has helped me, so what why not try to lift again? thanks very much

STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would get a second opinion on it. Not every doctor know's what their talking about. If you plan on trying to work the shoulder, just start very light and stretch it lightly and take it easy for a few weeks until you see if the pain still persists. Sometimes using a sore muscle is better than complete rest providing you don't over do it.

Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pimpnotic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah I figured that since rest wasn't helping the pain, the only alternative would be to try to exercise it and increase blood flow to the area. I guess what I need is a structured program that will allow me to do that without exacerbating the injury.

STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STUCKUP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In the meantime you could still work all the other muscles that don't involve that shoulder.

CPT4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what exercises does it bother you on..
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
    Certified USA Sports Performance Coach
    Soon to be a certified NSCA-CPT

LordBrian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when I lift over my head my right shoulder makes a clicking sound, and i get a mild to sharp pain. I dont rember injuring it... but this has been persistant. I only get it when doing a shoulder press, and to a lesser extend chest presses. Its coming from the anterior side of the shoulder.

Any ideas on what it might be?

CPT4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i get that all the time..just prob to weak to handle the weight your lifting..maybe go down a tad and work your way back up..make sure its plenty warmed up helps also
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
    Certified USA Sports Performance Coach
    Soon to be a certified NSCA-CPT

Did any visable damage show up on your MRI ?? Funny you should mention the clicking noise, When I run up a flight of stairs my left knee makes a clicking noise when I push off with that leg. I don't ever get any pain though and I do almost 400 lbs. on me leg extension. The pain part I would be concerned about though if I were you.

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    all the best recovering

if you need help regarding workout schedules - don hesitate to post a thread.... i'll help out... and ask a propper doctor about what PARTICULAR exercises wil help out in your recovery....

__________________________________________________ _________________
    glad to be of help

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LordBrian
    when I lift over my head my right shoulder makes a clicking sound, and i get a mild to sharp pain. I dont rember injuring it... but this has been persistant. I only get it when doing a shoulder press, and to a lesser extend chest presses. Its coming from the anterior side of the shoulder.

Any ideas on what it might be?
    I think I can help you figure this one out...

Other than hurting when your arm is over head...

Does it hurt when you reach over with your bad arm, and touch your palm to the good shoulder?

Does it hurt when you touch your palm to your inner thigh and make a shrugging motion?

Does it hurt when you touch your palm to your back between your shoulder blades.

Does "The little Ball on your shoulder" (AKA: Your AC joint) hurt, when you press on it...

Do you have a mild pain that feels like it's in your upper pec, where it attaches into the shoulder?

If so, it's an AC injury...
    If it's something that came completely out of the blue on you, and is taking a hell of a long time to go away (Meaning 6+ weeks) then it most likely means that you have developed a case of Osteolysis. Which is also referred to as Weightlifters shoulder...

It's very similar to Shoulder Arthritis...

Going to an Ortho, they will give you a Cortisone shot, and a month of rest... If after that month, it still bothers you... you'll get another... If you have 3, and it's still not better, then it means surgery, where they remove 5-10 mm of your distal clavical, and you spend 4-6 months healing and rehabbing...

What's more than likely causing it, is the two ends of the AC joint rubbing on each other, which is causing resorbption of subchronal bone mass in the distal clavical...

Note it is "Theoretically possible" for the bone to re-mineralize on it's own, but it will take 3-6 months of treating your arm as if it's in an invisible sling.

Also note: Working the shoulder/arm AT ALL, is only going to exacerbate and acclerate the problem.

Time to go to a doc, and get referred to an Ortho...

These kinds of pains that "Come out of Nowhere" are a bad sign, because it means that your body has slowly been degrading in this area... Meaning it's going to take a LONG time to heal.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds a lot more like bicipital tendonitis to me...

The tendon of the long head of the bicep runs between the greater and lesser tubercles of the humerus....right near the anterior deltoid...

It's weird that a doc would tell you it's tendonitis but not specify where.....I'd head to a sports med clinic.

Rotator cuff exercises/stretches aren't going to help....

Physio helped me, stretching, ultrasounds, and those sweet sweet electrodes..

Custom User Title user123456sdjf's Avatar
    user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa
    I think I can help you figure this one out...

Other than hurting when your arm is over head...

Does it hurt when you reach over with your bad arm, and touch your palm to the good shoulder?

Does it hurt when you touch your palm to your inner thigh and make a shrugging motion?

Does it hurt when you touch your palm to your back between your shoulder blades.

Does "The little Ball on your shoulder" (AKA: Your AC joint) hurt, when you press on it...

Do you have a mild pain that feels like it's in your upper pec, where it attaches into the shoulder?

If so, it's an AC injury...
    If it's something that came completely out of the blue on you, and is taking a hell of a long time to go away (Meaning 6+ weeks) then it most likely means that you have developed a case of Osteolysis. Which is also referred to as Weightlifters shoulder...

It's very similar to Shoulder Arthritis...

Going to an Ortho, they will give you a Cortisone shot, and a month of rest... If after that month, it still bothers you... you'll get another... If you have 3, and it's still not better, then it means surgery, where they remove 5-10 mm of your distal clavical, and you spend 4-6 months healing and rehabbing...

What's more than likely causing it, is the two ends of the AC joint rubbing on each other, which is causing resorbption of subchronal bone mass in the distal clavical...

Note it is "Theoretically possible" for the bone to re-mineralize on it's own, but it will take 3-6 months of treating your arm as if it's in an invisible sling.

Also note: Working the shoulder/arm AT ALL, is only going to exacerbate and acclerate the problem.

Time to go to a doc, and get referred to an Ortho...

These kinds of pains that "Come out of Nowhere" are a bad sign, because it means that your body has slowly been degrading in this area... Meaning it's going to take a LONG time to heal.
    great post here....i just got back from the ortho...he said it was up to me if i wanted shoulder surgery or not...my MRI showed some inpingment...

Dont know what to do really...i was never asked for cortizone shots...i can still lift but there is pain...i did & been doing RC exercises since i felt a discomfort in my left shoulder...

Question...how bad is the recovery...like is the shoulder imobile? can i still work at my pc..like type and ****??

ideas?

notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100)
    its an impingement, do exercises that pull the shoulders back and shoulderblades together rows etc.
    to strengthen the muscles in the opposite directions and use some naproxin.
    because tendonidise is a result of the bones being pulled together putting pressure on the nerves and tendons
    had the same problem went away in about a month with a P.T.
    but you may be able with just exercise and naproxin and dmso gel (optional)
    fish oil, celadrin

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ShagVirus
    great post here....i just got back from the ortho...he said it was up to me if i wanted shoulder surgery or not...my MRI showed some inpingment...

Dont know what to do really...i was never asked for cortizone shots...i can still lift but there is pain...i did & been doing RC exercises since i felt a discomfort in my left shoulder...

Question...how bad is the recovery...like is the shoulder imobile? can i still work at my pc..like type and ****??

ideas?

Other than Cortisone (Which is only a temporary fix) and PT... The only thing I can think of is to just rest the hell out of it... But when it comes to impingment's, we're outside of my personal experience...

But I do know that it depends on what's impinged/inflamed...

Many types of impingments (The one I'm most familiar with being Bicepetal Tendon) are from the Tendon or Ligament becoming too inflamed... Which thus enlarges is, and it no longer fits in the noctch/groove/or other structure that it was intended to... When that Tendon or Ligament then moves in that dis-joined way, it rubs... The rubbing causes more irritation, which then causes more inflamation... Which then causes it to fit worse into it's intended structure.

So certainly anything that causes the slightest discomfort, you should avoid, and in fact try to do the opposite of.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good Luck Bro!
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50) thicketman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My shoulder bothers me too. Similarly, it hurts when doing any kind of pressing movements or lifting where the pressure is on my shoulder (right shoulder only).

Also, throwing a ball hurts it.

The pain is usually minimal after a long rest, but as my strength increases my shoulder becomes continually irritated.

I haven't found a solution either. The problem has existed since I was in highschool.

Originally Posted by thicketman
    My shoulder bothers me too. Similarly, it hurts when doing any kind of pressing movements or lifting where the pressure is on my shoulder (right shoulder only).

The pain is usually minimal after a long rest, but as my strength increases my shoulder becomes continually irritated.

I haven't found a solution either. The problem has existed since I was in highschool.
    That could be a lot of things, or it could be nothing... The duration you've gone with it being a problem suggests an impingement... However if you were to tell me that you've had those same symptoms for a short time, like a year or less... Then I'd say Osteolysis or an AC tear. (Especially with pressing movements.)

But it could be a SLAP lesion, or even an RC tear...

Anything that's been bugging you like that, for that long, it's clearly doctor time.
    6'4"

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ShagVirus

ideas?
    I would call up the Ortho and ask about cortizone. I had a similar problem, but I had the additional symptom that my arm would fall asleep very quickly if raised over my head (in fact, it woke me up at least 5 times a night because of this). After thousands of dollars of doctor bills; they shot me with cortizone, did 2 weeks of PT, and then I was back to lifting again.

It's been about 18 months, I can do 75 pound DB shoulder presses without discomfort and my arm only falls asleep occationally...

trainin harder then ever! just_do_it's Avatar
    just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) just_do_it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quote:

IVE GOT THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM IVE HAD IT SINCE LIKE 3 YEARS NOW... ITS GOTTEN ABIT BETTER OVER THE YEARS BECAUSE NOW IT ONLY HURTS WHEN EXERCISING BUT BEFORE IT USED TO BOTHER ME 24/7... BUT I WORK THROUGH IT ALL THE TIME IT JUST MEANS THAT I HAVE TO GO EXTRA LIGHT ON THE SHOULDER EXERCISES... THE INJURY IS ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER, AND YOU CAN TELL IT IS, BECAUSE COMPARED TO MY LEFT SHOULDER I HAVE NO MUSCLE ON IT... THE THING YOU SAID ABOUT THROWING THE BALL HURTS... THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO ME... AND TO AVOID THE PAIN I HAVE TO THROW IN A GAY STYLE THROW...

O WELL... THE **** YOU GO THROUGH TO GET BIG!

Originally Posted by nithos
    I would call up the Ortho and ask about cortizone. I had a similar problem, but I had the additional symptom that my arm would fall asleep very quickly if raised over my head (in fact, it woke me up at least 5 times a night because of this). After thousands of dollars of doctor bills; they shot me with cortizone, did 2 weeks of PT, and then I was back to lifting again.

It's been about 18 months, I can do 75 pound DB shoulder presses without discomfort and my arm only falls asleep occationally...
    It was the PT and rest that helped you... Cortisone is only a temporary solution... It's appreciable effects towards healing are very minor... It's just a super-anti-inflamatory...

I've had CS in my shoulder... Feels great for 3-4 weeks or so, and then the shoulder is back to the same level of improvement that I would have had if I just simply would have rested it.

One of the other large problems with Cortisone is that it weakens the integrity of your ligaments and tendons, making them much more likely to tear under strain for 6-8 weeks afterwards... And then requires you spend time after the CS has gone done doing it's job to retrain the tensile memory of those connective tissues...

When it comes to Cortisone, I've come to the conclusion that it's 51% a good idea... 49% bad idea.
    (I also didn't like how after every Shot my blood pressure would go up by 20 points for about a month.)
    6'4"

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It was the PT and rest that helped you... Cortisone is only a temporary solution... It's appreciable effects towards healing are very minor... It's just a super-anti-inflamatory...
    Understood, but #1 it enabled me to do the PT with minimal discomfort and #2 it allowed me to sleep more than 3 hours a night because I woke up in pain or because my arm had fallen asleep.

Originally Posted by nithos
    Understood, but #1 it enabled me to do the PT with minimal discomfort and #2 it allowed me to sleep more than 3 hours a night because I woke up in pain or because my arm had fallen asleep.
    Oh yeah I hear ya Bro... I just try to make sure when it comes to Cortisone convo that the bases get covered... It took until my 5th doctor, before I finally found one competant/informed enough to really give me the scoup on the stuff... Before that whether a Doc was sticking a needle in my shoulder or not, if Cortisone even came up, they merely praised it as some miracle cure.

The reality is that 70% of the time, they're just jamming you with cortisone to get you out of their hair, so they can move on to the next patient who's more likely to have a horrendous problem.
    6'4"

RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar problem that bothered me for quite a while. When I did bench
    presses my shoulder clicked and popped with just the bar and hurt if I
    put on much weight. Overhead presses were very painful. When I put my
    arm straight out and to the side (palms down) and pressed up against something with the back of my hand it hurt like hell. Rest didn't seem to help much, so I did a lot of research and self diagnosed myself as having an impingement. What I figured out was I had a shoulder imbalance from doing a lot of heavy bench presses and shoulder exercises that built up my anterior delts while neglecting my posterior delts.

What I did is the following :

- Started taking flax oil, glucosomine and ibuprofen after I worked out.
    - Concentrated on heavy rows (cable, bent) and anything that worked the
    posterior delts.
    - Rotory cuff exersises
    - Stopped doing overhead pressing
    - Dropped the weight way down on my bench press and worked on form
    instead of strenght and size.

After a while (a month or 2) my pain lessened and I started doing
    some light overhead presses. Keeping the weight in front was a lot less
    painful. Behind the neck presses were killers. I must say that when I first
    started doing these I worked through the pain which was maybe not the
    smartest thing to do, but it worked for me. After a while longer the pain lessened more and I could go a little heaver on the weight. After 3 or 4 months I was pretty much back to here I could do any exercise pain free and heavy. My shoulder hasn't bothered me since.

Note: I am not trying to advocate anything, but it sounds like you may have
    a similar condition and that is what worked for me. I struggled with my problem for a long time and was ready to quit altogether. Good luck, I hope
    you find the answer.

Originally Posted by RecLifter
    I had a similar problem that bothered me for quite a while. When I did bench
    presses my shoulder clicked and popped with just the bar and hurt if I
    put on much weight. Overhead presses were very painful. When I put my
    arm straight out and to the side (palms down) and pressed up against something with the back of my hand it hurt like hell. Rest didn't seem to help much, so I did a lot of research and self diagnosed myself as having an impingement. What I figured out was I had a shoulder imbalance from doing a lot of heavy bench presses and shoulder exercises that built up my anterior delts while neglecting my posterior delts.

What I did is the following :

- Started taking flax oil, glucosomine and ibuprofen after I worked out.
    - Concentrated on heavy rows (cable, bent) and anything that worked the
    posterior delts.
    - Rotory cuff exersises
    - Stopped doing overhead pressing
    - Dropped the weight way down on my bench press and worked on form
    instead of strenght and size.

After a while (a month or 2) my pain lessened and I started doing
    some light overhead presses. Keeping the weight in front was a lot less
    painful. Behind the neck presses were killers. I must say that when I first
    started doing these I worked through the pain which was maybe not the
    smartest thing to do, but it worked for me. After a while longer the pain lessened more and I could go a little heaver on the weight. After 3 or 4 months I was pretty much back to here I could do any exercise pain free and heavy. My shoulder hasn't bothered me since.

Note: I am not trying to advocate anything, but it sounds like you may have
    a similar condition and that is what worked for me. I struggled with my problem for a long time and was ready to quit altogether. Good luck, I hope
    you find the answer.
    What you describe sounds like an AC problem... In fact most of the areas and motions you describe are the manipulations they put you through in the first exam to see if you have an AC problem...

Did it hurt when you reached cross body and touched the other shoulder?
    Did it hurt if you touched your palm to your inner thigh and did a shrugging motion.

What you did to get past it is the phase of rehab I move into next monday.

When you tear an AC ligament, or any ligament really... It loses it's tensile memory when it reconnects/heals... So you have to train it, but more importantly have to train the other connective tissues of the shoulder to hold the shoulder in the socket the correct way.

The only problem in what you did, vs the general person, is that supposedly in 75% of the cases of AC trauma, when one "Attempts to work through it" It causes both ends of the joint to rub together, as the AC ligament is no longer working to keep them from interacting inappropriately... The rubbing causes a loss of subchronal bone mass, which leads to Osteolysis.

So if it was an AC injury, your "Working Through it" essentially you hit that 25% window.
    6'4"

Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000)

Same here bro....I can actually do flat bench now, and I can (always could) do CG bench...and BB Shoulder Presses if my grip is narrow, but shoulder width and it kills. I can do Arnold presses, rear delts, front delts, and side lats and that doesnt hurt. Its weird.
    Team Scivation

"The beauty of understanding how to defeat pain is recognizing that it does exist" - Ray Lewis

"The gym is my personal practice field where i dominate and win, and when I walk out those doors, I take my skills to the grand show of life" - Dwayne Johnson

Journal -
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=632957613&posted=1#post632957613[/url]

RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RecLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What you describe sounds like an AC problem... In fact most of the areas and motions you describe are the manipulations they put you through in the first exam to see if you have an AC problem...

Did it hurt when you reached cross body and touched the other shoulder?
    Did it hurt if you touched your palm to your inner thigh and did a shrugging motion.

What you did to get past it is the phase of rehab I move into next monday.

When you tear an AC ligament, or any ligament really... It loses it's tensile memory when it reconnects/heals... So you have to train it, but more importantly have to train the other connective tissues of the shoulder to hold the shoulder in the socket the correct way.

The only problem in what you did, vs the general person, is that supposedly in 75% of the cases of AC trauma, when one "Attempts to work through it" It causes both ends of the joint to rub together, as the AC ligament is no longer working to keep them from interacting inappropriately... The rubbing causes a loss of subchronal bone mass, which leads to Osteolysis.

So if it was an AC injury, your "Working Through it" essentially you hit that 25% window.

I am not sure if it hurt when I touched my opposite shoulder, but I don't think
    it hurt if I made a shrugging motion with my palm to my inner thigh (although
    I can't be positive because I never tried it). I could do pretty much anything
    when my arm was down. It was only a problem when I raised my arm above my shoulder. I did a lot of research on impingemnet and it pretty much described the condition I had. I think in my case the shoulder imbalance caused the impingement. My pain was on the top outside center of my shoulder.

IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump...i have an odd shoulder injury too. Its pretty similar to some of the problems you guys have. I get sharp pain in my left shoulder whenever i do relatively heavy bench pressing. I have not worked out any upper body for 3 1/2 months now due to doctors orders and it still doesnt seem any better. In fact it seems even more unstable. Whenever i lift my left arm up in the air my shoulder clicks and the only real pain i get when im not lifting is if i place my left palm on my stomach and push my elbow back it causes my shoulder to slide back which results in pretty intense pain, and if im looking in a mirror while doing this i can actually see my left shoulder actually stretching much further back than my right one would be able to if i did the same thing to it. I just dont know what the hell to do. Ive been taking anti-inflammatories for while now and i get nothing. The doctors cant really tell me what exactly the problem is. I also went to physical therapy for a while and i feel like i got nothing out of it. This thing just wont go away. Please give me some help if you can.
    No fiction

Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    keep stretchng and icing your shoulder... do assistance work like rotator cuff exercises.

notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100) notadog is not very well liked. (-100)
    plus work the opposing muscles rows rear dumbell flys etc.
    the muscle in the front are overpowering and pulling the joint forward and pinching the tendons couseing tendinites and eventualy bone spures
    plus the bones naturaly thicken at tendon attatchment through weight training or hard labor.

Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Killazer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah I need to hit rear delts harder myself definately.. I have some kind of tweak in my left shoulder. It comes and goes... it doesnt hurt when im lifting but its a nuisance right now and it feels like its in the medial/rear delt.. and my front delts definately do overpower my rear delts.
    Last edited by Killazer; 08-12-2005 at 02:38 PM.

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you could try this exercise it really helped me with my shoulders i went from only doin dumbell bench to back to incline and dips try it unless ur shoulder is really scrwed up....dont sue me....

http://www.intens************/showthread.php?t=6997