bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobbz216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why am I NOT SORE day after HARD workout??

I usually have sore muscles the day after a strenuous workout, but every once in a while after a hard workout im not even sore..

Yesterday i did a very strenous biceps routine, and my biceps were reaally pumped after the workout, they looked pumped. so i was expecting to be sore today like i usually am.. but to my dismay, i was not.. i dont know if i overtrained, or undertrained.. but it couldnt have been undertrain coz i did more than i usually do and heavier weights. But i also used about 3g of creatine before workout for the first time. should i have done more sets? I was just wanted to make sure i didnt lose the pump.. sometimes when i workout more after i feel a big pump in my bi's, I end up losing the pump feeling.

this is my profile.
    WEIGHT: 157 lbs
    HEIGHT: 5'6"
    Bench 1 RM = 245 lbs

My biceps workout yesterday was:

Standing Barbell curls (4 sets)
    - 10 reps (65 lbs)
    - 8 reps (75 lbs)
    - 6 reps (80 lbs)
    - 4 reps (85 lbs)

Incline seated Alternating dumbbell curl (3 sets)
    - 10 reps (20 lbs)
    - (25 lbs) X 10 reps, 8 reps

Standing two hand High cable flexing curls (4 sets)
    - (50 lbs) X 10, 10 , 8, 7

This might not seem to strenuous of exercise to most, but for me this was more (especially barbell curls) than i usually do.

I would appreciate some constructive criticism or help.. thanks.

Still_tryin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Still_tryin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Still_tryin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Still_tryin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Still_tryin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Still_tryin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I'm not an expert but I can get you started. I think you're doing way too many reps/ sets for your biceps. They are just a small muscle group. I think you need to drop the number of overall reps and up your weight. Only use the program you listed as an occasional shock.

Also, check your form. Don't just throw the weights up and let'em drop back down. Do a search on tempo suggestions that will match up with your goal. You will probably want to focus on the negative portion of the lift. And don't forget to squeeze your bicep at the top of the move to really get a nice full contraction.

Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bob_101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well, i don't think it would be too many exercises, because when you overtrain, you do more sets than your body can heal, not more than it can feel. the first thing is, the bicep is a body part that rarely feels sore because it is such a small muscle group, and adapts quickly. i never feel sore in my biceps anymore, and only did for the first little while. feeling sore the next day doesnt dictate whether it was a good workout, a good workout is just based on the workout itself. know what i mean?

Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dirk D. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Soreness is irrelevant. It is normally an indication of your conditioning, not an indication of how effective your workout was.

Worry about getting stronger, not getting sore. A lot of accomplished lifters rarely get sore.

Dirk

Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wannabefit99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering this myself, I'm a female who did last night: 4mile run in 41mins then did a upper body circuit: bicep curls,hammer cirls,tricep extension and tricep dips, and then reapeated 2-3 times..couldn't even lift my arms they were shaking..I then ran home from the gym..I'm not even sore anywhere
    Love you for you. Dont forget to dance in the rain and love like there is no heart ache! <3

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Wannabefit99 View Post
    I was wondering this myself, I'm a female who did last night: 4mile run in 41mins then did a upper body circuit: bicep curls,hammer cirls,tricep extension and tricep dips, and then reapeated 2-3 times..couldn't even lift my arms they were shaking..I then ran home from the gym..I'm not even sore anywhere
    Your answer was above your post.

Originally Posted by Dirk D. View Post
    Soreness is irrelevant. It is normally an indication of your conditioning, not an indication of how effective your workout was.

Worry about getting stronger, not getting sore. A lot of accomplished lifters rarely get sore.

Dirk
    Nice job, OP, keep working.
    Last edited by RockCrab; 09-26-2012 at 05:33 AM.

2003MustangGT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Still_tryin2 View Post
    Well, I'm not an expert but I can get you started. I think you're doing way too many reps/ sets for your biceps. They are just a small muscle group. I think you need to drop the number of overall reps and up your weight. Only use the program you listed as an occasional shock.

Also, check your form. Don't just throw the weights up and let'em drop back down. Do a search on tempo suggestions that will match up with your goal. You will probably want to focus on the negative portion of the lift. And don't forget to squeeze your bicep at the top of the move to really get a nice full contraction.

Look up on youtube "Kai Green - Ill Never be a Weightlifter" Great video from Mr. Kai Greene!

Driven89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Driven89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Driven89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Driven89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry about soreness. Worry about progressive overload. I love to be sore after a workout too because it makes me FEEL like I had a productive workout but being sore isn't the goal.