littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein vs Egg protein

Anyone have opinions based on experience on using egg powder vs whey? I have taken whey from time to time, but when I do, I get the $hit$ within a day. I eat eggs a lot, and no problem except for a little extra gas, and i wonder if the powder is worth trying.

I weigh 250 and try to get 300 grams or more a day of protein with whole foods, but it's hard to get much more than that without some shakes. I want to get 350 plus a day to kick it up a notch.

gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gixxer600 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

protein

hello, basically egg protein is lower in fat and carbs. it designed for people wanting to stay lean and cut. whey is digested easier and is durived off of milk. i would say stay with whey but use atleast two shakes a day to make up for the extra protein. i would do one in the after noon and one post workout.

DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DaRk_StAr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so is whey protein there is virtually no carbs or fat in whey protein...The advantages of whey protein is that it is fast digesting..whlst egg protein is more like a whole food source which will keep sustained amino acids within your bloodstream...Whey protein is good to boost the amino acids within your bloodstream i.e. PWO shake has to be whey protein.

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlemike777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info. I've read it before, but again, my problem is that whey apparently upsets my stomach, and it's hard to function normally if I have to stay at home worried if I'm going to have to spend the day in the bathroom.

I've only recently increased my protein up take to at least 1 gm / lb bodyweight, beleiving in the past that 70 - 80% of that was sufficient. Since I've boosted it over the last 12 months, my wasit has dropped 2 inches, and bf% has dropped about 2%, with no other changes in exercise program etc. I'm about 245 with approx 10% bf, and in 2 years I want to be about the same bf%, but weigh in at 260. So, protein boost would be the first step.

freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) freakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Egg protein is the gold standard of proteins as far as amino concentrations and bioavailability go. However, it is absorbed more slowly than whey protein.
    Egg protein is a perfectly acceptable replacement for whey if you can't stomach it.
    You should try a pure whey protein isolate if you haven't already. They don't contain any lactose which is one of the main reasons for gastrointestinal distress from milk based proteins.
    I got a fever, and the only prescription is...more cowbell!

Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drew1200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I normally use 3 egg whites and milk with whey for pre-workout shake, then just water through my workout. Since I started using the milk and egg whites Ive noticed I can go about 45 minutes or so longer before my muscles just dont want to work anymore. Postworkout is just whey with water, than creatine with OJ (my whey is the crappy costco choc. brand and tastes even worse mixed with OJ, I tried it). my $.02