Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do boxers lose weight so quickly

Jesse from the Contender lost around 8 lbs in 3 hours or something.

My boxing trainer lost 25 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. How...??????
    I'm a girl :)

Hoping to lower BF to 12%

If I helped you out in any way, reps would be nice. :D

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pating420

He wore a sweat suit and did cardio. The weight he lost was water weight to drop pounds before a weigh in. It's not the best way to lose weight. It should only be used if you're trying to keep it below a certain weight for a competition. I wouldn't make it part of a bodybuilding routine. Also, I don't think it drops much body fat.

Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You wouldn't want to loose weight like that.Although possible, its a big strain on the system, and your performance might deteriorate.Try to stay in your weight class throughout the year, so you don't have to loose weight so fast in a short time.Its better to go to a workout thinking about technique than thinking about lossing weight.
    www.clubkozak.com

Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pating420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Club Kozak
    You wouldn't want to loose weight like that.Although possible, its a big strain on the system, and your performance might deteriorate.Try to stay in your weight class throughout the year, so you don't have to loose weight so fast in a short time.Its better to go to a workout thinking about technique than thinking about lossing weight.
    But I have to lose weight quick in 2 1/2 weeks. Around 8-10 lbs..

RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RockyIV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is a possiblity if you buy a sweat suit. What are you losing the weight for?

bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10) bojan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

well, if u eat 500cal a day and do 2-3h cardio a day i'm sure u will lose a lot of weight
    i'm back after 2 years ....

pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbradish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Club Kozak
    I have to disagree. The whole point to cutting is to come in stronger at a lower weight class. Almost everyone I know does this.

Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Club Kozak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pbradish, I drop weight too for competition, to be the higher end of the scale in my weight division. Its, just better to stay at a good weight all-year round, and suffer tremendously at the comeptition day. It can be done, has been done.Lower ones daily calorie,weight yourself everymorning to see progress, and yes you can use a sweat suit to get out more water. I'm just speaking from experience from myself and others I know who could have done better if they didn't have to crash diet.I still believe to work on technique and strength +stamina to beat the competition.It that, gotta get ready for the next NAGA event in Wildwood! Good training!
    www.clubkozak.com

problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10) problemchild is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do you remember the Ultimate Figher

Bobby Southworth lost like 20lbs in 2 days or 24hrs

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by problemchild

That's probably the best example of how to drop a lot of weight in a really short time period. It was all water, no doubt about that. Most professional fighters do the same thing. Many professional boxers, kickboxers, and martial artists walk around 20-30 lbs heavier than the weight they compete at. They lose a lot fo water by dehydrating themselves, and then put it back on relatively quickly. Not exactly the healthiest thing to do but it does work. For bodybuilding it doesn't work because you do get weaker by doing that.

rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pbradish
    I have to disagree. The whole point to cutting is to come in stronger at a lower weight class. Almost everyone I know does this.

thats not neccesarily true if you cut to much weight you can become weaker and disoriented upon exhausted i cut like 25 pounds in 2 days cause i was suddenly wrestling 189's ad i was too tired to concntrate and maintain a good stance

Registered User TheCrazyCossack's Avatar
    TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCrazyCossack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^^

For the post above, you misread what the guy was saying

The guy was saying the whole point of cutting weight is to be stronger in a smaller weight class.

Thus he was advocating against drastic weightloss as you may screw up on competition day if you do this.

Im just wondering where your planning was? Did you not know you had this competition coming up?

Fighters may walk around 20-30 pounds heavier, but I guarantee they plan it out to lose the weight, so they may only have to cut 5 pounds of water before the weigh in.

rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rare_breed189 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^im sorry i just skimmed through them all but my coach told me im goin 189's in two days and i was a good 215 so i can wrestle at a tourney because our original 89 pounder had worm i apologize again for my ignorance

Originally Posted by RockyIV
    That is a possiblity if you buy a sweat suit. What are you losing the weight for?
    I have my gradpics in 2 1/2 weeks..

Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by problemchild

that was insane. he did it by wearing a sweatsuit and riding a bike in a suana. It is really bad for you to lose that much weight in water in such a short amount of time though.

for what you said, just cut out calories and add in extra cardio. A few days before if you're still over go with a sweatsuit and sweat the pounds off.

Like Crazy Cossack said, find out when the competition ahead of time so you can reduce your weight gradually.Good luck!
    www.clubkozak.com

kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kbickham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

its probably the most dangerous part about boxing. i awlays stay within 10lbs of 175 just incase. where a vinyl suit, run RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN, dont drink water, spit in a cup and chew gum. i know its not healthy , but yo uhave to make weight sometimes. the whole point is that you can be alot more competitive being the top end and leaner in a lower weight class than the smaller, and not as lean in a higher one. i dont wanna get stuck in crusier/heavyweight, because at aroudn 185, i am at an a big disatvantage.
    ------------------------------
    Siam Star Muay Thai
    NDBJJ
    ------------------------------

pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool bkickham

Hey bubba, good thinking staying in a weight class that you feel quick and strong at. I boxed all my life (from age 6-18) and trying to bump up from lt. hvy to cruiser is what ended my career. See I was doing pretty well at lt. hvy. and even picked up a bracket championship in '94 when I was boxing in the navy, then my trainer says"Lets bump you up a class and bring another title to the team. We were really short on 185 punders. anyways I bulked up some and laid off the roadwork.
    My fourth cruiserweight fight @186.5 pounds I faught a monster sho had just dropped down from heavy. He caught me right under and behind the chin in the 4th rd and and really rung my bell. My guard dropped and he sailed in a nice overhand right foolowed immediately by a beautiful left hook and I went out. The thing is I was so concussed that I was out for 3 min and 20 sec!
    Well they did the cat scans at the infirmary (ggod thing about boxing in the navy, great medical care) and said I had a subdural hematoma induced by seve contusions to my frontal lobe. They pulled my card and basically told me to never fight again if I want to be able to continue to tie my shoes!
    Anyways Tat ended my boxing carrer (86and 14 record) so I wholeheartedly applaud you for staying at a weight you feel good at Ill watch for you, slay em all. Good luck and God bless. pwrhngry

ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ssj4deadpool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in 8 weeks before his second fight with andrew golota, Riddick Bowe lost 50 pounds!!!!!!! Now guys he didnt need to lose weight to amke a weighin, so at most 7-10 pounds was water weight. Did he look sluggish in the ring? yes, but **** thats still at least 40 pounds 8 weeks, 5 pounds a week. He was RIPPED at the end of that session. I think for 2 months you can be a PSYCHo and restrict calories to 1000 and work out like a freak because the body is very resiliant and the msucle loss in that short period of time will be minimal if you have more than 50 pounds to lose.

what he did was eat 1750 calories a day, ran twice a day and did boxing everyday except sunday when he still ran.

Bruiser_baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruiser_baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruiser_baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruiser_baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruiser_baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruiser_baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my coach wears a t-shirt..then puts a garbage bag on..then puts a sweater over that!....he lost 20 pounds in two weeks on a very restrictive diet and lots of cardio