Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Boxing, BJJ, and lifting, and the road to badassnesssseryness, that's right

Background:
    I'm coming off of a 3-4 month break of lifting, I basically took this summer off and partied hard, but i'm back I lost alot of strength ALOT but nothing I won't gain back. My profile pictures are new about 2 weeks old that is how I am looking right now.

Next 6 months Goals:
    -Get strength up to old numbers
    -Learn as much BJJ, Boxing, Wrestling, and general MMA as possible
    -See what weight class I will fight in the future (170 or 185)
    -Slowly build endurance but for the next 6 months focus is on strength up and weight down

As far as goals there are more I will periodically post they are always changing but at the moment those are on my mind, basically get strong and become the best fighter I can be.

Stats as of now
    Height: 6'0-6'1 (I go with 6'1 but to be honest i'm not sure)
    Weight: 194
    Body fat: 10-12% (i'll be 8% in a little bit ;-)

Training Week:

Monday:MMA training (Boxing)
    Tuesday: Lifting and MMA training (Boxing AND/or BJJ)
    Wednesday: MMA training (Boxing AND/or BJJ)
    Thursday:MMA training (Boxing AND/or BJJ)
    Friday: Lifting
    Saturday: MMA training (Boxing AND/or BJJ)
    Sunday: Off

Basically 5 days focusing on BJJ and Boxing with 2 days being weights.

Diet: Nothing specific my goal is to eat 4-6 meals a day with about 20 plus grams of protein a meal per day alot of days I switch like if I eat 6 meals 3 will be from shake and 3 will be from whole food usually Tuna. But I don't follow anything specific but anything will be better than this summer Beer and Pizza FTL (for the loss for the non miscers)!!!!!

Other
    Just common things how the training is going stuff like that things i'm happy with pissed off about I will usually grade each day or diet or workouts stuff like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Today was ironically a day off but I will go over yesterdays day.

Tuesday October 30th

Weights:
    Squat: 235x5
    Bench:190x5 190x3
    Lat Pulldowns:115 3x10 (Eventually will be pullups but I am a pussy right now)
    Dips:3x12 (need to add weight)
    Bicep Curls:3x10
    Tricep Rope pushdowns:3x10

MMA training:
    BJJ for one hour and thirty minutes: Focused on working from closed guard, hand fighting, and working to persons back/moves on the way to the back.

Boxing: Sparring, we focused on reading our opponent and their habits when they throw a jab and how they move, and we focused on jabbing and stepping to the side to get in close for a hook (good way to work on angles). Than we did some live sparring for about 30 (got a sweet little bruise on my cheek from that :-) then did a hellacious circuit of pushups, bag work, live sparring, burpees, etc.

Diet: I didn't eat enough yesterday not at all I ate poorly I probably only got like 2,500 calories all day it was a **** day as far as eating goes but i ate clean just not enough i'm out of protein and BROKE.

jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jmil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Shane, this is a great log man. I was thinking of starting my lifting/MMA log as well. I've always been into powerlifting, and do have a powerlifting log going in that section, but have recently switched my efforts. My goals are basically the same, strength same or up, weight down! I trained BJJ/MMA sporadically for about 5-6 months, and then was off for about 5 months. I've been back at it for a month now, and am loooving it. Found a new place right by my house (as opposed to 35 minutes away...though the old place did just have a guy make the tryouts for IFL ...check it out at massmma.net, Dan Pasquerella)...anyways...I've been going religiously 5 days a week, and just have the complete drive to "do this thing." Our instructor is great, and has fought a lot of guys, many who have fought in the UFC now. We don't do any gi, which I might go somewhere else 2-3 times per week, but I'm not sure. My schedule looks like this...

Monday: Lifting (ME Upper) - early morning, MMA -night
    Tuesday: Lifting (DE Lower) - early morning, MMA - night
    Wednesday: MMA - night
    Thursday: Lifting (DE Upper) - early morning, MMA - night
    Friday: Lifting (ME Lower) - early morning
    Saturday: MMA - Afternoon

It's a pretty rugged schedule, and I take a few supps for recovery. Diet is also in crazy check to keep the muscles recovering as quick as possible. If you need any help with diet or supps, feel free to let me know bro (Not sayin you don't know, just offering the help if needed). I've already gone from about 220 to around 200 in this last month, while maintaining a good amount of strength for the lack luster performance I put into my lifting for a good 3 week period. I'm trying to get down to about 175 walk around weight, to fight at 155's. It's a drastic cut, but one I'm sure I can do while retaining a good amount of strength. Anyways bro, just wanted to stop by and let you know there's another person out there working with the same goals, and the ****ty schedule lol. Goodluck with your goals man, I'll be subbing this log. Lemme know if you need any help with anything. Take care bro!
    DIABLO BARBELL
    1003, 540, 800 Multiply

Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified

Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ajuice72 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jmil View Post
    Shane, this is a great log man. I was thinking of starting my lifting/MMA log as well. I've always been into powerlifting, and do have a powerlifting log going in that section, but have recently switched my efforts. My goals are basically the same, strength same or up, weight down! I trained BJJ/MMA sporadically for about 5-6 months, and then was off for about 5 months. I've been back at it for a month now, and am loooving it. Found a new place right by my house (as opposed to 35 minutes away...though the old place did just have a guy make the tryouts for IFL ...check it out at massmma.net, Dan Pasquerella)...anyways...I've been going religiously 5 days a week, and just have the complete drive to "do this thing." Our instructor is great, and has fought a lot of guys, many who have fought in the UFC now. We don't do any gi, which I might go somewhere else 2-3 times per week, but I'm not sure. My schedule looks like this...

Monday: Lifting (ME Upper) - early morning, MMA -night
    Tuesday: Lifting (DE Lower) - early morning, MMA - night
    Wednesday: MMA - night
    Thursday: Lifting (DE Upper) - early morning, MMA - night
    Friday: Lifting (ME Lower) - early morning
    Saturday: MMA - Afternoon

It's a pretty rugged schedule, and I take a few supps for recovery. Diet is also in crazy check to keep the muscles recovering as quick as possible. If you need any help with diet or supps, feel free to let me know bro (Not sayin you don't know, just offering the help if needed). I've already gone from about 220 to around 200 in this last month, while maintaining a good amount of strength for the lack luster performance I put into my lifting for a good 3 week period. I'm trying to get down to about 175 walk around weight, to fight at 155's. It's a drastic cut, but one I'm sure I can do while retaining a good amount of strength. Anyways bro, just wanted to stop by and let you know there's another person out there working with the same goals, and the ****ty schedule lol. Goodluck with your goals man, I'll be subbing this log. Lemme know if you need any help with anything. Take care bro!

Awesome you will be a beast at 155, seeing as our goals are similar cut weight get strong I will be picking your brain I need to get some consistency going and then see how my body reacts but I am interested in your diet and your supps for recovers.

Today:

Was 3 hours of BJJ with gi. we worked on a few moves but was mainly just free roll. Was a hell of a cardio workout today I focused on staying on top and control mount and side control the main subs I worked for were triangles and arm bars, everytime I roll I usually pick a few things I want to focus on and try and get to that area and work on it in live sparring.

I got kneed in the face I have a badass black eye on my left eye and a scuff under my right lmao i'm lookin pretty wrecked right now.

Diet: Was **** today ate alot of halloween candy.

Tommorow is a lifting day can't wait for that!!!

Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subbed.

I'm curious to know how you'll hold up with all that intensity.

I may give boxing a shot myself.

Good luck to you.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

"If you fall down 7 times, get up 8."

"Just bust your ass" -W8

Originally Posted by Fernis View Post
    Subbed.

I'm curious to know how you'll hold up with all that intensity.

I may give boxing a shot myself.

Good luck to you.
    Glad to have ya aboard! You should give it a shot man if nothing else go for a month and see how you like it.

Squats 245x5, 135x10
    Bench 195 x3, x4, x3, 135x10, 135x10
    Lat Pulldowns 130x8 130x8
    Dips 1x15, 2x12, 3x10, 4x10
    Bicep Curls 3x10
    Tricep rope pushdowns 3x10

ABS
    Leg raises 20
    Butt raises 20
    laying flat crunches 20
    Feet up crunches 20
    Feet high up crunches 20
    *Ran in a cycle did 2 cycles.

I'm inbetween classes right now headin back but when I get home tonight I will do 20-30 mins of shadowboxing.

Diet so far has been CLEEEAAAN minus a few chocolate chips.

Wooooo today man alright I was training tonight and I got a key to the gym so I unlocked it and was the only one training tonight so I keep the door open and i'm doin some shadow boxing my gyms in the rough part of town and a group of homeless people came in and we talked for like 10 mins it was pretty funny, made me depressed though I felt so bad for them and how rough life can be made me realize how lucky we are to just train to fight and fight for fun but they have to fight for life everyday it was depressing.

I did this at the gym
    100 rope turns
    10 up and downs
    10 jump squats
    10 pushups

10 times in continuos circuit

Then I did some shadowboxing and then I tied up a stringy sretchy thing and worked each punch with some resistance.

Overall pretty good day got in some good cardio work I got some nagging injuries in my knee back and ribs that I hope to work on tonight and tom to come back fresh Monday.
    Last edited by 88shane04; 11-03-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Tonight was Monday I had boxing class we worked on footwork and staying in proper form we then did alot of live sparring after class a few of us stuck around and did some more sparring.

I performed like **** tonight but tom. I hit the weights and I have a BJJ class and a boxing class maybe I will do better tom. Some things we focused on were jab, straight, hook, combos and how to read people and manipulate them with our jabs.

I got a weird bumb/s on my elbow area i'm gonna watch it kinda worried it might be staph
    Last edited by 88shane04; 11-05-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fernis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How are you liking the boxing?

Do you think you burn a lot of cals doing it?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

"Just bust your ass" -W8

How are you liking the boxing?

Do you think you burn a lot of cals doing it?
    It's probably the hardest workout i've done I wrestled and played football and ran track in h.s. but boxing blows em outta the water as far as conditioning maybe wrestling came close but I still wrestled when doing BJJ. I def think you burn alot of calories boxing plus it's the best way to burn em you get to hit pads/bags/people more fun then running on a treadmill.

Tonight Tuesdays weights:
    Squat 250x3 135x8
    Bench 195 x5, 135x8
    Lat pulldown 130x8 130x8 115x8
    Dips 2x15 1x10
    Biceps curls 35's 3x8
    Skull crushers had on 35's and did 3x6-8.

Overall weights wen't pretty good it feels good to finally be getting back in the swing of things bench felt light squat is feeling close to normal not the weight but the form on both, I didn't go to jitz or boxing my nose is pretty sore from gettin kneed in the face and I just decided to let my eye and nose rest tonight.

Originally Posted by 88shane04 View Post
    It's probably the hardest workout i've done I wrestled and played football and ran track in h.s. but boxing blows em outta the water as far as conditioning maybe wrestling came close but I still wrestled when doing BJJ. I def think you burn alot of calories boxing plus it's the best way to burn em you get to hit pads/bags/people more fun then running on a treadmill.

Tonight Tuesdays weights:
    Squat 250x3 135x8
    Bench 195 x5, 135x8
    Lat pulldown 130x8 130x8 115x8
    Dips 2x15 1x10
    Biceps curls 35's 3x8
    Skull crushers had on 35's and did 3x6-8.

Overall weights wen't pretty good it feels good to finally be getting back in the swing of things bench felt light squat is feeling close to normal not the weight but the form on both, I didn't go to jitz or boxing my nose is pretty sore from gettin kneed in the face and I just decided to let my eye and nose rest tonight.
    Do you run a lot in your boxing training?

I ask because I suck at it, lol.

"Just bust your ass" -W8

Do you run a lot in your boxing training?

I ask because I suck at it, lol.
    I can honestly say I have never ran at boxing class. We have speed classes which are tough full of sprints uphills and sprints and runs and what not.

But in my boxing training we just use the actual training as cardio and believe me it's enough you could go to the gym and work the mits for 3 rounds of 3-5 minutes and you will be dripping. Along with sparring when sparring you really get a work out because your feinting and dodging and your alert and tense and after I spar hard or work hard on the mits/bag/shadowboxing I feel like I just ran a ****load.

I also hate running I don't mind sprinting but I hate long distance running you never really need to run long distance your not jogging in a fight.

Tonight was BJJ we worked on defending the smash pass the first goal is to make a base so when they smash pass you grap the leg closest to your head with your arm and you make a base with the other arm. If they go to push into you you switch your hips and flip them over and end up in side control. If they go to crossface you you quickly get to your feet and fight from there/take back. Finally if they are trying to transition from smash pass position to mounth we worked on blocking the leg and then throwing in a guillotine/getting our guard back.

Cardio wasn't to hard in that class and I just ate a huge bowl of ice cream but no worries I weighed in at 192 yesterday at 73 and a half inches.

Overall decent day i'm ready to hit the gym though I want to bench but I have to wait till friday that sucks so tom. I will just bust ass on the bag and some BJJ.

I can honestly say I have never ran at boxing class. We have speed classes which are tough full of sprints uphills and sprints and runs and what not.

But in my boxing training we just use the actual training as cardio and believe me it's enough you could go to the gym and work the mits for 3 rounds of 3-5 minutes and you will be dripping. Along with sparring when sparring you really get a work out because your feinting and dodging and your alert and tense and after I spar hard or work hard on the mits/bag/shadowboxing I feel like I just ran a ****load.

I also hate running I don't mind sprinting but I hate long distance running you never really need to run long distance your not jogging in a fight.

Tonight was BJJ we worked on defending the smash pass the first goal is to make a base so when they smash pass you grap the leg closest to your head with your arm and you make a base with the other arm. If they go to push into you you switch your hips and flip them over and end up in side control. If they go to crossface you you quickly get to your feet and fight from there/take back. Finally if they are trying to transition from smash pass position to mounth we worked on blocking the leg and then throwing in a guillotine/getting our guard back.

Cardio wasn't to hard in that class and I just ate a huge bowl of ice cream but no worries I weighed in at 192 yesterday at 73 and a half inches.

Overall decent day i'm ready to hit the gym though I want to bench but I have to wait till friday that sucks so tom. I will just bust ass on the bag and some BJJ.
    Good to hear.

I'm already checking out some boxing gyms myself, and probably will start on monday. I'm gonna have to change my split though.

"Just bust your ass" -W8

Good to hear.

I'm already checking out some boxing gyms myself, and probably will start on monday. I'm gonna have to change my split though.
    Good stuff man let me know how it goes and what you end up doin.

I just got home from jitz today we worked on inverted guard it was pretty cool added a whole nother element to my guard game like if your about to get passed you just flip to your back legs in air and re-adjust it's really hard to explain but I worked that and submissions from there then worked on triangle from mount and holding side control with gi.

Tonight I will do 20-30 minutes of shadow boxing only working 6-8 punch combo's.

I might go to another BJJ class tonight because my body feels fresh except my ribs my ribs are tore the **** up and any pressure sets them on fire.

If I don't go to BJJ tonight I will do a cardio workout which I will post up later not sure which one I will pick yet.

trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trojannation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Subscribed!

Originally Posted by trojannation View Post
    Subscribed!
    Thanks spartan glad to have ya aboard diggin the new avatar (strong no homo)(a lil)(nah it's portland love homo)(no homo)

Did weights today

Squat 260x3
    Bench 205x3 x2
    Lat bar pull downs 2x8 with 130 1x8 115
    dips 1x15 x12 x10 (some reason was harder today)
    Curls 3x8 with teh 35's
    Triceps 3x8 with the 35's on each side (skull crushers)

Ab circuit
    Leg raised 20
    But raised 20
    Legs flat crunches 20
    legs up 20
    leg higher up 20
    did 2 sets of that

Tonight I will probably do some cardio when I get home I will post what I end up doing I am taking until Monday off of MMA training cause I got jitz ribs which are just sore ass ribs and 2 bruises on my ribs from getting kicked need some days to recuperate I will post the cardio tonight.

Thumbs up

Thanks spartan glad to have ya aboard diggin the new avatar (strong no homo)(a lil)(nah it's portland love homo)(no homo)

Did weights today

Squat 260x3
    Bench 205x3 x2
    Lat bar pull downs 2x8 with 130 1x8 115
    dips 1x15 x12 x10 (some reason was harder today)
    Curls 3x8 with teh 35's
    Triceps 3x8 with the 35's on each side (skull crushers)

Ab circuit
    Leg raised 20
    But raised 20
    Legs flat crunches 20
    legs up 20
    leg higher up 20
    did 2 sets of that

Tonight I will probably do some cardio when I get home I will post what I end up doing I am taking until Monday off of MMA training cause I got jitz ribs which are just sore ass ribs and 2 bruises on my ribs from getting kicked need some days to recuperate I will post the cardio tonight.
    Good stuff.

I already found a gym and will start on Tuesday. Lets see how I respond.

"Just bust your ass" -W8

Good stuff.

I already found a gym and will start on Tuesday. Lets see how I respond.
    Awesome man I will be keeping an eye on your journal hopefully it works well.

Just finished some cardio I did

15 burpees
    10-4punch combos
    15 burpess
    10-4 punch combos

I did 1 of those rest 1 minute then do it again and I did that 4 times.

In the morning I plan on doing some sprints and what not I will post up what I end up doing tom.

15 burpees
    10-4punch combos
    15 burpess
    10-4 punch combos

Ran it in a circuit and did 4 circuits with 1 min. rest inbetween.

Just finished doing this again tonight then I worked on some bobbing and weaving and general head movement then stretched for 20 mins.

My family is in town so diet is to **** we ate at a chinese buffet today lol I pigged out big time all day today I will probably way 196-200 come Tuesday's lifting session lol we will see whatever.

My family is so against me pursuing fighting they just don't understand why I would want to risk brain injury, but it's not about that ever since I was young I have been fascinated with sports and wanted to be a pro athlete I always busted my ass in sports but I just don't have the tools to make it in the NFL or the MLB or NBA but I think fighting I can become pro so I guess it's like the internal drive of youth to become a pro athlete. Sorry for my rant it was just gettin to me how against this I haven't explained it to em I just laught it off and change the subject I mean I have other goals of becoming a physical therapist OR a excericise physiologist idk they just choose to antagonize the fighting.

W/e though tom. is a day off I have been laying off MMA work due to rib problems but I will be back full swing Monday to check how my body reacts monday is mainly stand up class and live sparring anyway.

Thumbs up

15 burpees
    10-4punch combos
    15 burpess
    10-4 punch combos

Ran it in a circuit and did 4 circuits with 1 min. rest inbetween.

Just finished doing this again tonight then I worked on some bobbing and weaving and general head movement then stretched for 20 mins.

My family is in town so diet is to **** we ate at a chinese buffet today lol I pigged out big time all day today I will probably way 196-200 come Tuesday's lifting session lol we will see whatever.

My family is so against me pursuing fighting they just don't understand why I would want to risk brain injury, but it's not about that ever since I was young I have been fascinated with sports and wanted to be a pro athlete I always busted my ass in sports but I just don't have the tools to make it in the NFL or the MLB or NBA but I think fighting I can become pro so I guess it's like the internal drive of youth to become a pro athlete. Sorry for my rant it was just gettin to me how against this I haven't explained it to em I just laught it off and change the subject I mean I have other goals of becoming a physical therapist OR a excericise physiologist idk they just choose to antagonize the fighting.

W/e though tom. is a day off I have been laying off MMA work due to rib problems but I will be back full swing Monday to check how my body reacts monday is mainly stand up class and live sparring anyway.
    Hnag in there man, It'll be tough on them on the beginning, but as time progresses, they'll start understanding you more and your fighting.

Good workout overall.

"Just bust your ass" -W8

coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i will definetly be following your journal. I just started Muay Thai and BJJ a month ago. I am in the same boat as you, i have wanted to be a prof. athlete since i was a kid. I have stopped competing in bodybuilding and have a new goal to be a pro fighter, but its going to be a long road. GOOD LUCK!
    PL: 400/280/475

Originally Posted by coloBB View Post
    i will definetly be following your journal. I just started Muay Thai and BJJ a month ago. I am in the same boat as you, i have wanted to be a prof. athlete since i was a kid. I have stopped competing in bodybuilding and have a new goal to be a pro fighter, but its going to be a long road. GOOD LUCK!
    Awesome man, it will be long for both of us but a fun one.

Hnag in there man, It'll be tough on them on the beginning, but as time progresses, they'll start understanding you more and your fighting.

Good workout overall.
    Thanks man, are you liking the boxing?

Well my nose is broken for sure now the 2nd time over the last 6 months but I plan on continuing sparring with it it's not a bad break it's just a little crooked.

Last night was boxing we did mainly live sparring it was good I got to spar with some really good people learned alot we worked our left hands alot just throwing jab, uppercut and jab, hook and just front lead combo's it was good I want to get a real good jab and left hand try and get some KO power in there it's harder to block the lead hand and in MMA those 4 ounce gloves just something I want to develop. I also found out that no way I will make 170 I took a few days off from training and ate a lot cause the family was in and I weighed 200 last night plus it's a lean 200 so in order to get to 170 I would lose alot of strength and I think 185 is just more of my natural weight i'm 6'1-6'2 it would have been cool to make 170 but not that big of a deal.

We just got brand new wrestling mats and I do a work for hire deal were I work off my membership anyway after class I am mopping so I finish mopping it down and I spill the mop bucket all over the mats I was pissed it was only me in the gym and we had no towels around nothin I spent another hour trying to sop up the water and **** I was pissed because after class a few guys and myself rolled and worked on kicks and stuff so I didn't get outta there until like 12:00 last night.

On a bright note we are getting a cage put in in 2 weeks and we just got new mats, we've had a boxing ring and now we are getting a cage the place is really coming together and looks great.

I lift tonight I will post what I get done there tonight and then I will prob. hit BJJ class, i'll update tonight.
    Last edited by 88shane04; 11-13-2007 at 09:55 AM.

****in I am ashamed of tonights lift i'm pissed I had no intensity I don't even want to ****in talk about it I am ashamed to write my name by these numbers I feel like **** right now.

Squat: 245 3x3
    Bench: 185 3x3
    Lat Pulldowns: 130 2x8
    Dips:3x12
    Curls: 35's 3x8

Ab Circuit
    Leg raises 20
    Butt Raises 20
    Flat crunches 20
    Leg up crunches 20
    Leg higher up crunches 20

I did 2 cycles of that.

Two things
    1. I need a core workout that will help in my MMA pursuits
    2. I need more ****ING INTENSITY I was so ****ing flat tonight I had no intensity no emotion I was barely exhaling on my lifts and really light weights felt ****in heavy, not to mention the ****ty ass music and the group of douches dancing and singing to beat it beat just beat it when i'm trying to do ****in squats ****.

I am usually pretty in my head crazy when I lift but tonight I was just a pussy just went through the motions I am disgusted w/ myself.

I am so pissed right now.

Tom. will be a better day.

Next time in the weight room my goal is 260x5 on squat and 205x5 on bench and I don't care if I brake myself to get it i'm getting those numbers.

Sucks cause those numbers are pussy numbers as well teach me to take a summer off and party I deserve this.

Do you feel the boxing and MMA are interfering with your weight lifting at all?

"Just bust your ass" -W8

Do you feel the boxing and MMA are interfering with your weight lifting at all?
    I would suspect that but I only trained 3 times last night and took the rest the time off last week I took Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off last week and trained Monday then I didn't train Tuesday so basically I was very well rested and have been taking time off so I don't think the MMA interfered.

I would suspect that but I only trained 3 times last night and took the rest the time off last week I took Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off last week and trained Monday then I didn't train Tuesday so basically I was very well rested and have been taking time off so I don't think the MMA interfered.
    I'm gonna go ahead and try this for another week, and If I feel too burned out., I'll just do the lifitng, it's my number one prority right now. But I understand yours is fighting, since you wanna go pro. I'm just doing iit for the cardio.

"Just bust your ass" -W8

I'm gonna go ahead and try this for another week, and If I feel too burned out., I'll just do the lifitng, it's my number one prority right now. But I understand yours is fighting, since you wanna go pro. I'm just doing iit for the cardio.
    Yeah def try it out and make sure it is what your interested for go for a week or so just learn the proper technique then take it home and when you need a cardio throw down some shadow boxing/bag work. Convenient way to get a good cardio workout and you will be a head bussstaaaa, i'll be watchin your journal to see what you pick.

Tonight was BJJ we worked on safety position, posture up, and combat base tonight than we worked on some passes with GI then did some free rolling I need to tap faster everytime I get choked I hold it until I start going out I need to swallow my pride and just tap tonight some kid messin around after class threw a RNC on me and I held it to the point of almost being out.

Anyway my ****in car got towed tonight cause I parked in a church parking lot had to pay 209.50 to get it out i'm ****in pissed, complete b.s.

coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how is your diet going? This might be a big reason why your lifting has been struggling... I would also suggest doing some rack pulls and or some d-lifts. This is really gonna help with hip power, which is going to come in hand with rolling and kicking power. keep it up buddy!

how is your diet going? This might be a big reason why your lifting has been struggling... I would also suggest doing some rack pulls and or some d-lifts. This is really gonna help with hip power, which is going to come in hand with rolling and kicking power. keep it up buddy!
    Diet could be better but i'm just trying to eat alot of food, but I think you might be right I ate nasty foods over the weekend where usually I eat alot of clean food. Great idea on the d-lifts and rack pulls my plan was to get my squat and bench up to old numbers then start straying and getting into different moves I just want a solid base of strength. You got a journal or somethin man? Keep me updated on your training.

Tonight we worked the Stoned Squirrel half guard it was good we worked the old school sweep, Getting guard back, attacking the back. It was a GI class. I also did a MMA class where we worked standing sweeps while getting punched.

Tom is lifting day hopefully things go better than Tuesday.

Diet could be better but i'm just trying to eat alot of food, but I think you might be right I ate nasty foods over the weekend where usually I eat alot of clean food. Great idea on the d-lifts and rack pulls my plan was to get my squat and bench up to old numbers then start straying and getting into different moves I just want a solid base of strength. You got a journal or somethin man? Keep me updated on your training.

Tonight we worked the Stoned Squirrel half guard it was good we worked the old school sweep, Getting guard back, attacking the back. It was a GI class. I also did a MMA class where we worked standing sweeps while getting punched.

Tom is lifting day hopefully things go better than Tuesday.
    I need to start a journal here soon, probably will once my work schedual slows down. We did situation sparring last night, just defensive work, learning how to block and dodge punches and kicks if your stuck in the corner. Its amazing how hard defense is compared to laying down tons of kicks and punches.

I need to start a journal here soon, probably will once my work schedual slows down. We did situation sparring last night, just defensive work, learning how to block and dodge punches and kicks if your stuck in the corner. Its amazing how hard defense is compared to laying down tons of kicks and punches.
    Yeah man the best defense in an offense once they take our offense away it's crazy how tough defense is if I get in a tight spot and they are landing alot I just throw a jab or two to get something back it's tough just trying to cover up.

Today's lifting went good I had intensity and my left knee felt great which was good didnt get my goal numbers but whatever I will eventually.
    Squat 260x4
    Bench 205x4
    Lat Pulldown
    Dips 3x12
    Curls
    Tri's

Then I did some cardio I did 30 minutes on the bike and burned about 200 cals then I ran a 8 min mile after that prolly burned like 130 or so.

The real focus of the day is that I have NOOOO game. There's this milf that always struts around the cardio room typical cardio bunny ****in smokin well we always sort of smile at each other and everything and make eye contact well today she started a convo with me and i'm an idiot

Her: Wow, you've been on there along time
    Me: Yea
    Her: I was on the eliptical for 20 and I felt like dying
    Me: Yea MAN there tough (wtf who says yea man to a hot milf)
    Me: *walks off to do abs*

WTF????

Well anyway next time she's in there I am going to try and get her number or ask her to eat or something lol can't hurt sure i'm 19 and she's prolly older than my mom but it would be soooo fun her body is nicccccceeeeeee.